Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I just want Pete and MJ in a healthy, stable relationship leading to marriage and want them both CNN to have solid careers in their fields. MU being a working model/actress who can pick and choose which jobs she takes is part of that.

And yes...Pete needs to work on that work/life/other life balance. I really do want to see Peter be involved in non Spidey stuff with his family and friends.
    I believe that is what the majority of readers want. It is actually not difficult to set up. Let Peter Announce he is taking a six month vacation with MJ to clear his head, work on his PhD and spend quality time with MJ. The next issue can involve a six month time jump with him getting his doctorate while dealing with another baddie as Spider-Man

I just want Pete and MJ in a healthy, stable relationship leading to marriage and want them both to have solid careers in their fields. MU being a working model/actress who can pick and choose which jobs she takes is part of that.
    I'm not against some financial stability but MJ being a working model/actress is one reason I expect the movie is going to fail and screw her over because they're positing as this big, oscar-bait, big break and I don't think that's going to happen so she can probably have more reasonable career prospects (if she can even still act after it's over).
    And yes...Pete needs to work on that work/life/other life balance. I really do want to see Peter be involved in non Spidey stuff with his family and friends.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I certainly am no Cindy fan, but she has to be counted even know she sucked ( just like the Clone Saga, Shed, Chapter One, Abrams Spider-Man, The Other, OMD and BMD). Why? It is history.
    I guess I could say the same about the Mockingbird romance, which was also kind of bad.

Extraordinary Member

I believe that is what the majority of readers want. It is actually not difficult to set up. Let Peter Announce he is taking a six month vacation with MJ to clear his head, work on his PhD and spend quality time with MJ. The next issue can involve a six month time jump with him getting his doctorate while dealing with another baddie as Spider-Man
    Actually...I want him to get his doctorate...then right after his final oral exam...Peter has to save the city from some other student's (or professor's) experiment that would leave a 3 mile diameter crater in Manhattan (keep in mind Manhattan is a little over 2 miles wide)...and this is done strictly as Peter and not as Spidey. And there is a news crew broadcasting live to the world. This can be used to offset the "disgraces by plagiarism" thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not against some financial stability but MJ being a working model/actress is one reason I expect the movie is going to fail and screw her over because they're positing as this big, oscar-bait, big break and I don't think that's going to happen so she can probably have more reasonable career prospects (if she can even still act after it's over).
    I don't think it needs to be a "oscar winning hit" but a well received movie that showcases the talent of those involved (like MJ) and leads to more opportunities for work. Mostly on stage in NY...but also commercial work, guest or recurring roles on TV shows and TV movies and maybe the occasional Hollywood part. Think more Hallmark movie actress than huge Hollywood star actress.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Flash used the same excuse when he was bullying Peter as well. Whether it's valid is up to interpretation.

Just because you view it that way, doesn't make it so.
    I can say the same about your quote. Just because you view certain actions by different characters as comparable does not make it so.
    Last edited by Tears4Fears; 06-12-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tears4Fears View Post
    I don't think that's really a fair comparison. Spider-man comics have never gone down that road with the quips. A better comparison to the Kingpin's weight might be when Spider-man makes fun of Doc Ock's Moe Howard fruit bowl haircut.
    I agree with you. One thing that makes no sense is I never hear complaints about bad stuff that Fisk does but call Fisk fat the thought police are out in full force.

Amazing Member

I agree with you. One thing that makes no sense is I never hear complaints about bad stuff that Fisk does but call Fisk fat the thought police are out in full force.
    Agreed. It's not even just that. The reason Spider-Man makes quips at villains who are high level threats is to keep them from hurting innocent people in the immediate moment either directly or indirectly. It gets the villain's attention and focus on him and disrupts their original intentions which is quite different from Flash Thompson picking with Peter who was minding his own business and not bothering anyone back in the early 60's run because he saw him as different and a bookworm.

I don't think it needs to be a "oscar winning hit" but a well received movie that showcases the talent of those involved (like MJ) and leads to more opportunities for work. Mostly on stage in NY...but also commercial work, guest or recurring roles on TV shows and TV movies and maybe the occasional Hollywood part. Think more Hallmark movie actress than huge Hollywood star actress.
    I get that, I just think they've placed this movie as too much of a big chance for it not to go wrong. If it were more modest I think it would have been fine, but that's not the direction they're going with which is probably why it's not likely to end well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get that, I just think they've placed this movie as too much of a big chance for it not to go wrong. If it were more modest I think it would have been fine, but that's not the direction they're going with which is probably why it's not likely to end well.
    I get that too...but then we have been conditioned to expect the worst for the characters.

I get that too...but then we have been conditioned to expect the worst for the characters.
    Well, in this instance it was Kindred manipulation plus MJ kind of brought it on herself...which I guess is something she can relate with Peter on.