Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This is an occassion for me to be the guy who leaves the board for a couple of days and finds discussion going way off-topic. How is any of this stuff pertain to the stuff in Spencer's ASM?
    Ha! It IS very off topic, but it goes back to us talking about making fun of the Kingpin's weight. XD

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    They were funny, I concur.

Any quip now needs to be rethought because people absolutely jump on it now. Kids really don't give a toss, but the woke brigade do. They have eyes and ears everywhere.
    Agreed.As someone who has had their fair share of hurtful jokes I never minded the quips them once.Neither did my buddies who were made fun of for their weight.
    The woke brigade will jump on the slightest things.I understand why they don't want such jokes but they have jumped on far less so I don't really care about their opinion.They are way too sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.As someone who has had their fair share of hurtful jokes I never minded the quips them once.Neither did my buddies who were made fun of for their weight.
    The woke brigade will jump on the slightest things.I understand why they don't want such jokes but they have jumped on far less so I don't really care about their opinion.They are way too sensitive.
    I wish people would consider how this argument is effectively 'i suffered so other people should too'. Also, the 'woke brigrade' isn't the reason people don't think these jokes are funny anymore.

Please get back to discussing the issue, folks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Honestly, dude. You just sound old. I don't mean that meanly. You just sound no different than any other 'back in the day' sort, and I think it shows that you're used to feeling like your tastes were better catered to. I think you could do with some examination on that front.

What you're feeling, though, isn't new.

Anyway, being a nazi is a choice. Being fat frequently isn't.
    I cannot agree with you at all. It has never been established in the history of Marvel that Wilson Fisk has a medical problem ( unlike say Otto or Sandman). As for my thoughts it is not an issue of age. I was not around when Marilyn Monroe acted or during Ditko’s run, but I saw her movies and read his stories and certainly enjoyed her and Ditko more then they actresses of today and the runs of Slott and Spencer. This is just the “Thought Police” offended at every single thing possible ( including quips at the expense of a fictional character). As an Arizona State guy we have a saying “No pity for the kitty” ( referring to The Arizona Wildcats). Well I have no pity for Fisk, Carnage, Norman and other Peter Rogues Gallery characters and I enjoy seeing their ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I wish people would consider how this argument is effectively 'i suffered so other people should too'. Also, the 'woke brigrade' isn't the reason people don't think these jokes are funny anymore.
    Who are you speaking for what other people find funny? I find the Kingpin fat jokes quite funny. Am I not people?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Who are you speaking for what other people find funny? I find the Kingpin fat jokes quite funny. Am I not people?
    You are 100% correct. This person is basically acting like they are someone’s parent and they need to be protected ( like they are adults and the rest of us are children). I miss the quips and not just about Fisk ( it was something that made Amazing fun).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I cannot agree with you at all. It has never been established in the history of Marvel that Wilson Fisk has a medical problem ( unlike say Otto or Sandman). As for my thoughts it is not an issue of age. I was not around when Marilyn Monroe acted or during Ditko’s run, but I saw her movies and read his stories and certainly enjoyed her and Ditko more then they actresses of today and the runs of Slott and Spencer. This is just the “Thought Police” offended at every single thing possible ( including quips at the expense of a fictional character). As an Arizona State guy we have a saying “No pity for the kitty” ( referring to The Arizona Wildcats). Well I have no pity for Fisk, Carnage, Norman and other Peter Rogues Gallery characters and I enjoy seeing their ass kicked.
    That's like saying it's ok to call Tombstone a n***** just because he's an all-around horrible person who happens to be black.

Please get back to discussing the issue, folks.

Mighty Member

I think Lost Remands to this point is somehow all connected but I don't know how

Extraordinary Member

I just had a horrid thought...with the way Marvel seems to require Peter getting kicked 3 steps back for every step forward he gains...is the Jamie/Clairvoyant mess going to bite him in the ass??

"Well Mr Parker...your lab partner was up to shady stuff and is getting expelled...but there is no way he was up to that without you knowing so you are getting expelled as well."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I just had a horrid thought...with the way Marvel seems to require Peter getting kicked 3 steps back for every step forward he gains...is the Jamie/Clairvoyant mess going to bite him in the ass??

"Well Mr Parker...your lab partner was up to shady stuff and is getting expelled...but there is no way he was up to that without you knowing so you are getting expelled as well."
    Well, that would suck, but it wouldn't be entirely unexpected, unfortunately.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can actually buy that.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, that would suck, but it wouldn't be entirely unexpected, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I can actually buy that.
    Doesn't it suck that worst case scenario seems to be the default for us to think of when it comes to Pete?

Doesn't it suck that worst case scenario seems to be the default for us to think of when it comes to Pete?
    Not anymore I used to be bother by that. But learn my lesson quick with Parker industries
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy