Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Uff.

I really don't want us getting into Parker's parents. I can barely tolerate Teresa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Uff.

I really don't want us getting into Parker's parents. I can barely tolerate Teresa.
    That is an even worse possibility then I was thinking of ( My fear was Ben Reilly and a rehash of Clone Saga ) especially after it was reworked in Miles comic)). As for Theresa, I actually like her and hope she is not a robot. That said, I especially do not want to see the Parkers used as some kind of BS straight out of The Other (Parker’s must die so Peter gets raised by Aunt May and Uncle Ben, so one day he can fulfill his destiny to be Spider-Man).

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is an even worse possibility then I was thinking of ( My fear was Ben Reilly and a rehash of Clone Saga ) especially after it was reworked in Miles comic)). As for Theresa, I actually like her and hope she is not a robot. That said, I especially do not want to see the Parkers used as some kind of BS straight out of The Other (Parker’s must die so Peter gets raised by Aunt May and Uncle Ben, so one day he can fulfill his destiny to be Spider-Man).
    I've said before that the most important thing about Parker's parents ought to be that they're not there. Making them a central plot point is just a problem for me. Making them murder victims or super-spies is just ... not ... great.

Extraordinary Member

No real progress on the Teresa stuff.

Nothing much on Ned and Betty as well.

Even the end stuff with otto is.... meh.

I do like slyde though.And being back at horizon is nice.

I really hope the next issue is peter kicking loads of butt.This run he has been lowballed to hell.I don't want doc conners to the rescue type situation.Also carlos gomez posts some of his art on his insta and it looks like peter will be getting beaten up again.Please just give us badass Peter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

I really hope the next issue is peter kicking loads of butt.This run he has been lowballed to hell.I don't want doc conners to the rescue type situation.Also carlos gomez posts some of his art on his insta and it looks like peter will be getting beaten up again.Please just give us badass Peter.
    How long do you think Ned Leeds will be driven mad by the goblin serum?

i just now realize how much Peter got beat up in this run. Then again more opportunities for beat up Peter mean more opportunities for battle damage suit so keep the punishment coming
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    How long do you think Ned Leeds will be driven mad by the goblin serum?
    oh yeah he will be driven mad i guess by the end of this story arc wonder what his new goblin name will be?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i just now realize how much Peter got beat up in this run. Then again more opportunities for beat up Peter mean more opportunities for battle damage suit so keep the punishment coming
    I didn't realize it until after a re-read.I don't mind him taking a whole lot of damage but it should be justified.The people we see in the final page aren't really a threat to Spider(easily takes on teams of super-people)-man.The point is this isn't even one of the smaller threats to beat him up.A police unit with Fisk overwhelmed him.He didn't even use webs or just jump.
    I really hope Sinister wars actually gives us the Spider-action we deserve.

Astonishing Member

I didn't realize it until after a re-read.I don't mind him taking a whole lot of damage but it should be justified.The people we see in the final page aren't really a threat to Spider(easily takes on teams of super-people)-man.The point is this isn't even one of the smaller threats to beat him up.A police unit with Fisk overwhelmed him.He didn't even use webs or just jump.
    I really hope Sinister wars actually gives us the Spider-action we deserve.
    I hope you are correct but the solicits say he takes a bad beating. The pathetic and weak Peter/“Damsel In Distress” is along with the length and over plotted Kindred story are my biggest issues with Spencer’s run ( that even includes the Mephisto and Strange tease about OMD).

Incredible Member

I'm surprised this thread hasn't moaned and groaned at the complete BS resurrection of Ned and his incredible luck of finding some of the Goblin formula whereas Kingsley had trouble finding the diaries of Norman. This Goblin serum healing factor is incredibly annoying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I hope you are correct but the solicits say he takes a bad beating. The pathetic and weak Peter/“Damsel In Distress” is along with the length and over plotted Kindred story are my biggest issues with Spencer’s run ( that even includes the Mephisto and Strange tease about OMD).
    Nick Spencer was just hired by ********. Even more info that leads me to believe Spencer's run is coming to an end.
    As for S.W. I don't mind him getting beat but it should be after a major butt whooping courtesy of peter to the others.And have him rescue himself.No other people please.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't moaned and groaned at the complete BS resurrection of Ned and his incredible luck of finding some of the Goblin formula whereas Kingsley had trouble finding the diaries of Norman. This Goblin serum healing factor is incredibly annoying.
    Maybe because we're waiting to see how it plays out... I'm still not convinced this is the legit Ned Leeds.

BANNED

This issue felt weak brew to me.

I think the reason for the additional writer is obvious.

Someone told Spencer to pad out this Chameleon story, and Spencer was obviously struggling to swing it, so they called another writer to take him up on it.

Astonishing Member

Nick Spencer was just hired by ********. Even more info that leads me to believe Spencer's run is coming to an end.
    As for S.W. I don't mind him getting beat but it should be after a major butt whooping courtesy of peter to the others.And have him rescue himself.No other people please.
    I hope you are correct and got hired somewhere other then Marvel. Everyone who reads Amazing has a different motivation. I can comfortably say the overwhelming majority of readers do not like Peter as a punching bag, loser, clown, man-child, kid, Charlie Brown, “Damsel In Distress” or any of the other negative concepts that have come from Amazing or MCU over the past 13 years. While I acknowledge that Peter will have issues ( that was established in Amazing Fantasy 15), only a self loathing masochist can enjoy what Peter is being put through. Even Dan Slott for all his faults ( and I have been over them quite a bit), offered up RYV which is far more positive then anything Spencer had given us (especially recently).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I agree. It seems as the Spidey books have gotten lazier and more reliant on tired tropes in the last decade-plus, fans have also become more accepting as long as the story they're reading isn't quite as bad as OMD or something comparable. It's the law of lowered expectations. Spidey comics were once held to a high standard, but now we sigh in relief if they're better than average (or even just average). Many seem to think "well, at least it isn't Slott" instead of really being objective and honest about this run's shortcomings. I've long given up complaining about comic book resurrections. Death is meaningless in Marvel comics, which totally robs it of any gravitas or any dangerous situation of suspense. And yes, the unexplained coincidences have always been a lazy way to connect characters with other characters or subplots, but I think that's been a cliche even longer than the resurrections.