Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

I decided to buy the X-Men by Chris Claremont & Jim Lee vol 1 &2 HC omnibuses, along with the x-Men X-tinction adenga paperback off Amazon, they wanted over $800 for the HC version.

All-New Member

Quick question, how good or bad was the new mutants run by Claremont & bob mcleod?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AB81Rules View Post
    I'm not that familiar with The Inhumans, I know they had a show, but wonder if they'll be introduced into the MCU
    They probably won't be in the MCU. They had a network TV show that was the worst, and they wrote them completely different from the comics. This is the graphic novel, By Right of Birth by Ann Nocenti, and the Paul Jenkins omnibus, Marvel Knights Inhumans.

All-New Member

So, I told my sister to get me the X-Men Messiah Complex TPB for my Birthday next month, and also House of M(by Michael Brian Bendis).

I preordered X-Men Mutant Massacre Omnibus HC that comes out November 30th.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They probably won't be in the MCU. They had a network TV show that was the worst, and they wrote them completely different from the comics. This is the graphic novel, By Right of Birth by Ann Nocenti, and the Paul Jenkins omnibus, Marvel Knights Inhumans.

Oh ok, I knew it didn't do well, I'll check into them.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Just a little bit of my personal favourites:
    1) Deadpool: all volumes by Daniel Way is must-read. Very original and funny.
    2) If you enjoyed Infinity Gauntlet and War, I highly recommend picking up MARVEL The End, Infinity Abyss and Infinity Quest if it wasn't included in your Gauntlet's book. Starlin is GOAT.
    3) X-Men: Messiah Complex, Second Coming, Uncanny X-Men by Fraction, Astonishing X-Men by Whedon, House of X/Powers of X.
    4) Fantastic Four: try Ultimate Fantastic Four, few stories are pretty decent. Also: FF by Mark Waid is the best hands down (for me). Also The Thing mini-series and Spider-Man/Human Torch mini (both done by Dan Slott) are very heart-warming and written much better than current ongoing.
    5) Avengers: New Avengers by Bendis were pretty good ngl (the first volume) + Dark Avengers, New Avengers by Hickman (this is a masterpiece, you can read it on it's own or you can read it with Avengers by Hickman followed by Time Runs Out and Secret Wars).
    Hey you said second coming, is this the book? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3300852&sr=8-1

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Just a little bit of my personal favourites:
    1) Deadpool: all volumes by Daniel Way is must-read. Very original and funny.
    2) If you enjoyed Infinity Gauntlet and War, I highly recommend picking up MARVEL The End, Infinity Abyss and Infinity Quest if it wasn't included in your Gauntlet's book. Starlin is GOAT.
    3) X-Men: Messiah Complex, Second Coming, Uncanny X-Men by Fraction, Astonishing X-Men by Whedon, House of X/Powers of X.
    4) Fantastic Four: try Ultimate Fantastic Four, few stories are pretty decent. Also: FF by Mark Waid is the best hands down (for me). Also The Thing mini-series and Spider-Man/Human Torch mini (both done by Dan Slott) are very heart-warming and written much better than current ongoing.
    5) Avengers: New Avengers by Bendis were pretty good ngl (the first volume) + Dark Avengers, New Avengers by Hickman (this is a masterpiece, you can read it on it's own or you can read it with Avengers by Hickman followed by Time Runs Out and Secret Wars).
    I picked up Messiah Complex, looking into getting a copy of Astonishing X-Men Omnibus for a good price, same with House of X/Powers of X.

All-New Member

I got House of X/Powers of X HC for $50 off eBay just now, and Astonishing X-Men Omnibus off CheapGraphicNovels.com for $63.98 after shipping. Also preorder Mutant Massacre Omnibus & New Mutants Vol 2 Omnibus off of DCBS for $62.50 each, Amazon's list price for MSRP is $125.00 each.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The Spider-Man / Fantastic Four by Christos Gage is an excellent read and I'm glad I have a physical copy. In four issues Gage highlights Spidey's unique relationship with each FFer while crafting a story about his interactions with them as a team and family, with a lot of Doom thrown in.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...rade_paperback

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That is an enjoyable mini series. I don't have the TPB but bought the single issues.