Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sweet Tooth On Netflix

I was very surprised after watching the first episode tonight to see no thread yet.

Anywho ... Anybody else like it?

I really enjoyed the performance Will Forte turned in as Puppa. The shot compositions and sound design was great. I slept on this comic when it first came out and started on the trades when it was ending. Not sleeping on this one!

I noticed they did some nice homage shots to some of the paneling in the comic, mainly when Gus meets Big Man.

Gives me hope Sandman and Y the Last Man won't suck.

I had no idea James Brolin was going to narrate the show. And the kid from Beautiful Boy is doing a great job so far.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-05-2021 at 12:49 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I didn't know it had dropped. I will put it on the watch list.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Interesting that Robert Downey Jr.'s production company is involved in this. Maybe one day, we'll see him take on a DC acting role.

I also didn't know about Sweet Tooth -- to the point that I didn't even know there was going to be a series in the first place. I don't think CBR covered it.

There's so many different comics related series on so many different streaming platforms that it's hard to keep up.

Later this year, we're getting other Vertigo series on streaming:

- Y: The Last Man - premieres September 13 on Hulu (FX on Hulu)

- DMZ on HBO Max (no date set)

Plus, plenty more in development from both DC-proper and Vertigo.

Mighty Member

I need season 2 right now !

I really enjoyed it and I think it is one of the better shows that have been on Netflix recently.

I never read the comics but heard it was a bit darker than the show so I am not sure how close it is to the comics but I loved the blend of the post apocalyptic world with the fantastical elements.

The performances were really good and the chemistry between the cast was wonderful so you believed the emotional connections. I also enjoyed the storyline and the visuals beautiful.

Just watched Ep 1. Pretty good. Will continue. I did not read the comic, so it will all be new to me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Absolutely loved this show. So pissed how it ended I thought there was another episode and then was upset to find out there wasn't. Much likenthe kid from Greenland with Gerald Butler the kid resembles my son which makes everything more emotional for me. If Netflix don't make a season 2 im gonna start a riot.