Default Sweet Tooth On Netflix

I was very surprised after watching the first episode tonight to see no thread yet.

Anywho ... Anybody else like it?

I really enjoyed the performance Will Forte turned in as Puppa. The shot compositions and sound design was great. I slept on this comic when it first came out and started on the trades when it was ending. Not sleeping on this one!

I noticed they did some nice homage shots to some of the paneling in the comic, mainly when Gus meets Big Man.

Gives me hope Sandman and Y the Last Man won't suck.

I had no idea James Brolin was going to narrate the show. And the kid from Beautiful Boy is doing a great job so far.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-05-2021 at 12:49 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I didn't know it had dropped. I will put it on the watch list.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Interesting that Robert Downey Jr.'s production company is involved in this. Maybe one day, we'll see him take on a DC acting role.

I also didn't know about Sweet Tooth -- to the point that I didn't even know there was going to be a series in the first place. I don't think CBR covered it.

There's so many different comics related series on so many different streaming platforms that it's hard to keep up.

Later this year, we're getting other Vertigo series on streaming:

- Y: The Last Man - premieres September 13 on Hulu (FX on Hulu)

- DMZ on HBO Max (no date set)

Plus, plenty more in development from both DC-proper and Vertigo.

Mighty Member

I need season 2 right now !

I really enjoyed it and I think it is one of the better shows that have been on Netflix recently.

I never read the comics but heard it was a bit darker than the show so I am not sure how close it is to the comics but I loved the blend of the post apocalyptic world with the fantastical elements.

The performances were really good and the chemistry between the cast was wonderful so you believed the emotional connections. I also enjoyed the storyline and the visuals beautiful.

Just watched Ep 1. Pretty good. Will continue. I did not read the comic, so it will all be new to me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Absolutely loved this show. So pissed how it ended I thought there was another episode and then was upset to find out there wasn't. Much likenthe kid from Greenland with Gerald Butler the kid resembles my son which makes everything more emotional for me. If Netflix don't make a season 2 im gonna start a riot.

Finished watching and liked it very much. I hope they resolve the General story next season. I hate when villains that evil are kept around too long for dramatic purposes.
    It was the top Netflix show, but so was Jupiter's Legacy and they ended that. But This was a much better comic based show.
    I thought of reading the comic, which was on sale at comixology, but the art is not to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Finished watching and liked it very much. I hope they resolve the General story next season. I hate when villains that evil are kept around too long for dramatic purposes.
    It was the top Netflix show, but so was Jupiter's Legacy and they ended that. But This was a much better comic based show.
    I thought of reading the comic, which was on sale at comixology, but the art is not to my liking.
    Yea don't like the art style either and I like not knowing where this show was going. Just wish I woulda checked the episode count cause I was so disappointed I realized there wasn't another episode. Felt like a weird place to end a season. Anyway unlike Jupiter this got great reviews aswell. So I'm optimistic for a season 2.

I enjoyed it. I think this show did a much better adaptation of its comics source material than Jupiter's Legacy did. Some of the changes just make sense, because things like the masks, the parallels the show is drawing to our lived experience with the pandemic, were not in the comic because the pandemic hadn't happened yet. Other changes were kind of curious ... like, I honestly don't remember Bear at all, I think they might have just made up her character, completely.

But I feel like the changes work, helping the story, rather than hurting it. Probably the biggest thing -- and spoilers here, for anybody planning to read the comic -- you know what, will actually spoiler it ... spoilers:
    in the comics, Jeppard initially betrays Sweet Tooth. Their journey was to the Preserve from the start, I think it was even Jeppard's suggestion, but it always was the place where they were imprisoning and experimenting on the animal kids, and Jeppard turned him over to the bad guys, before later having a change of heart and coming back for him.
    end of spoilers

But again, I think I like this version better, where Jeppard is not so ... morally gray, if you will. Though yeah, that also does add in the whole thing where they were looking for Sweet Tooth's mom, which I think also was not in the comics. Actually reminds me of one change I am not sure I like better, namely that I don't think they ever did explain why the animal kids started happening, or how the Sick happened, in the comics. If memory serves, in the comics they left it as a completely unknown, random thing that happened ... but, I suppose I will have to see where the show goes with this change, before I can say for certain that it would have been better, if they'd left it that way.

Oh! In the comics, pretty sure that "Bobby" kid was Jeppard's, though he didn't know it. Obviously, not the case, in the show. He also wasn't quite so -- Baby Yoda-ish, in the comics, tho!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally got around to watching this. I've never read a single arc, let alone an issue. Not the first comic book show I've tried where that was the case.
    For me, this felt as good as Locke & Key. I'd rate both high on the entertainment scale without knowing just just how faithful of an adaption they might be.
    Will Forte surprised me as I don't recall having seen him in a non comedy role till this.
    Nonso is an actor I haven't seen since he was in Zoo, so for me it like, animal themed shows for this guy(I'm sure he's more varied). A show where animals get a virus and become intelligent and in ST a show where animal dna is making hybrids!!

The ending had me immediately wanting more. Cliffhanger......Birdie is working on a cure in isolation in Alaska!!
    Any news on when S2 drops??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So no one is watching this here at the CBR Boards?

I binged S2 over the last two days, watching 4 episodes each day.
    I really found this to be a strong follow-up to S1.
    A few emotional, if expected things happen in the final episode. They did telegraph the outcome of two characters largely throughout the midpoint of the season.
    Very curious as to where things go in S3(other than Alaska) in order to conclude the series. They did say "The final season is coming" in the fade to black of the final episode.

Grade: A-
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So no one is watching this here at the CBR Boards?

I binged S2 over the last two days, watching 4 episodes each day.
    I really found this to be a strong follow-up to S1.
    A few emotional, if expected things happen in the final episode. They did telegraph the outcome of two characters largely throughout the midpoint of the season.
    Very curious as to where things go in S3(other than Alaska) in order to conclude the series. They did say "The final season is coming" in the fade to black of the final episode.

Grade: A-
    Apparently this and Stranger Things were already filming but halted due to the strike.

Hopefully this gets finished! They did such a good job.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium