Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Imo that's just another reason why Kevin feige was the best choice for the MCU. The funny part about it is I feel like Kevin feige you would have greenlit and Inhumans movie but Ike was just very adamant on trying to make the Inhumans the next X-Men. Especially with that terrigen mist adaption in Agents of Shield that literally never got referenced once in any of the movies.

I feel like the Eternals was a lot closer concept wise to what Kevin feige wanted out of the Inhumans.
    Yeah I was about to edit my post to add precisely that hah. It's obviously all speculation but I can see Feige wanting to do the Inhumans as a secret society similar to the Eternals, whereas he probably objected to them becoming "the mutants" of the MCU. An even better decision in hindsight when mutants are actually coming to the MCU.

Astonishing Member

At a guess, introducing the Inhumans via AoS probably helped kill the movie thanks to the ABC/Hulu/Netflix stuff staying with Marvel Entertainment after Whedon left and Feige was given sole control of the films

Odds are without Ike trying to force it prematurely via the show and definitely by blackening the Inhumans as an IP by putting them against the X-Men; they’d be showing up in CM2

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    At a guess, introducing the Inhumans via AoS probably helped kill the movie thanks to the ABC/Hulu/Netflix stuff staying with Marvel Entertainment after Whedon left and Feige was given sole control of the films

Odds are without Ike trying to force it prematurely via the show and definitely by blackening the Inhumans as an IP by putting them against the X-Men; they’d be showing up in CM2
    No, this is very wrong.

What killed the movie was Feige getting 100% of control over the movies, It was Ike perlmutter idea and feige didn't wanted it. So Ike perlmutter had only the tv shows. Not even the agents of shield was connected to the inhumans tv show.
    Now feige has control over TV too, that is why he is chief creative officer.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I liked the Inhumans up until they were presented as the heroes and the mutants/minorities as the bad ones. Yeah, let's portray the group of elitists royals as the victims and let's present the mutants who are being wiped out as the bad guys.

To me, it reminded me too much of the this world where the elite can cause as much death and destruction as they want and get away with it, but minorities are "bad" for defending themselves.

I do like dark and villainous characters, and I would've liked the Inhumans more had they not been portrayed as victims in the genocide they were causing. Hey, if that minority hadn't been so rude and had complied with me being superior to them, he'd still be alive!
    Pretty good point there about the unfortunate subtext inherent in which side was being cast as "the good guys" and which side was being cast as "the bad guys" in that conflict.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    No, this is very wrong.

What killed the movie was Feige getting 100% of control over the movies, It was Ike perlmutter idea and feige didn't wanted it. So Ike perlmutter had only the tv shows. Not even the agents of shield was connected to the inhumans tv show.
    Now feige has control over TV too, that is why he is chief creative officer.
    There’s always a chance the Inhumans could get rebooted into the MCU proper since Ms. Marvel is right around the corner.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    very nice video and assessment thank you for sharing.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Making this was so much more challenging than I expected. But it was so worth it in the end.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I really enjoyed this, well done MarvelMaster616!
    Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. I hope to do other videos like this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Great job, just followed your channel keep up the good work and you absolutely have the voice for commentary if that makes sense!!
    Thanks! I certainly appreciate the sub. I'm glad you think my voice works. I'm still working on refining it. I also have plans for more videos like this one. They're just going to take a while to make. This one took much longer than I'd expected, but mostly because I went off-script a couple times. You can probably tell where that happened.

And if you have any other tips or ideas for videos, please feel free to share them. My channel is still growing and I want to keep improving my content.

Ultimate Member

I don't mind the Inhumans, but it's the 21st century, and it's not gonna fly to make a story about a bunch of anti-democratic white monarchist eugenicists who live in their own little enclave with a caste of slaves doing their scut-work.

They've gotten rid of the slaves (back in the 80s), and tried to use the T-mists and introduction of new cities like Utolan and characters like Jiaying to open the concept up to other ethnicities, but there was a lot of stuff to jettison, and it was not handled well (pitting them against mutants by retconning Terrigen mists, which previously were fatal to humans but totally harmless to mutants to suddenly be harmless to humans and fatal to mutants? So dumb.).

Plus the main characters in a city of thousands of super-folk being the royal family was inherently limiting, IMO. Spider-Man can go anywhere and do anything. But Black Panther's a king. Running Wakanda might take a minute. So it doesn't make sense for him to be off on every single adventure, like he's got unlimited day passes excusing him from his duties as king. Same with the Inhuman royals. (All though it is consistent with how much crap happens to Attilan that the people in charge are never actually around to do their jobs, I guess. Same with Atlantis being destroyed once a decade when Namor's off Defendering or whatever.)

Given the nature of the Celestial tinkering with the human genes to create mutants, and how the Terrigenesis process designed by the Kree doesn't actually work on the Kree, who lack that Celestial-granted potential for the mutation, it would make total consistent sense for 'activated' Inhumans to detect as mutants, since, for all purpose, they are. (If not all actual 'mutants' from birth, although some, like Black Bolt, are that too, the ones activated by later exposure to the Mist as teens would at least be 'mutates' like Vertigo of the Marauders/Savage Land Mutates, created by Magneto.) That would certainly be a hoot, for the Inhumans to be belatedly discovered to be a city teeming with mutants, some full active mutants, many 'triggered' into full mutant status by the Terrigen process, and they didn't 'detect as mutants' for so long due to some other factor, making the whole division utterly meaningless...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I take it this was before Marvel decided to tie up loose ends by massacring the Inhumans for their failure?
    They also massacred the Inhumans for their failure because they regained the mutants rights by buying Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't mind the Inhumans, but it's the 21st century, and it's not gonna fly to make a story about a bunch of anti-democratic white monarchist eugenicists who live in their own little enclave with a caste of slaves doing their scut-work.

They've gotten rid of the slaves (back in the 80s), and tried to use the T-mists and introduction of new cities like Utolan and characters like Jiaying to open the concept up to other ethnicities, but there was a lot of stuff to jettison, and it was not handled well (pitting them against mutants by retconning Terrigen mists, which previously were fatal to humans but totally harmless to mutants to suddenly be harmless to humans and fatal to mutants? So dumb.).

Plus the main characters in a city of thousands of super-folk being the royal family was inherently limiting, IMO. Spider-Man can go anywhere and do anything. But Black Panther's a king. Running Wakanda might take a minute. So it doesn't make sense for him to be off on every single adventure, like he's got unlimited day passes excusing him from his duties as king. Same with the Inhuman royals. (All though it is consistent with how much crap happens to Attilan that the people in charge are never actually around to do their jobs, I guess. Same with Atlantis being destroyed once a decade when Namor's off Defendering or whatever.)

Given the nature of the Celestial tinkering with the human genes to create mutants, and how the Terrigenesis process designed by the Kree doesn't actually work on the Kree, who lack that Celestial-granted potential for the mutation, it would make total consistent sense for 'activated' Inhumans to detect as mutants, since, for all purpose, they are. (If not all actual 'mutants' from birth, although some, like Black Bolt, are that too, the ones activated by later exposure to the Mist as teens would at least be 'mutates' like Vertigo of the Marauders/Savage Land Mutates, created by Magneto.) That would certainly be a hoot, for the Inhumans to be belatedly discovered to be a city teeming with mutants, some full active mutants, many 'triggered' into full mutant status by the Terrigen process, and they didn't 'detect as mutants' for so long due to some other factor, making the whole division utterly meaningless...
    In that respect, the whole "superpowered monarch as good guy" archetype may have worn out its welcome, period, now that we're more aware of the dangers that so much concentrated power in a single pair of hands or among a single small group of "elites" can pose to society or humanity as a whole.

Perlmutter really didn’t know what the hell he was doing, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    He sure as s*** didn't.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    TO be FAIR-he was.

They did not own all the rights and he wanted them to invest in who they owned.

Now how it was done was WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    TO be FAIR-he was.

They did not own all the rights and he wanted them to invest in who they owned.

Now how it was done was WRONG.
    I cannot argue with concentrating on the properties Marvel could sell and make money on, but trying to turn the Inhumans into the X-Men was a boneheaded move. Then, to push that cheap TV show into theaters, it was just compounding the mistake.

It was like the zeal to “punish” Fox or try to find some leverage over Fox blinded Perlmutter and whoever was supporting his ideas to the damage they were doing.

There could have been a place for Inhumans in the MCU, but as part of a plan for the Inhumans, not for replacing X-Men.

Same with the comics. The Inhumans have had some great books, but a publishing initiative to literally poison the X-Men and mutants, with gas clouds, and have Inhumans or “NuHumans” become the next big thing was bound to upset fans. I wonder if the editors pushed these things to actually sabotage the Inhumans. When writing these things out, the ugliness and absurdity of the plot staggers. It was like it was designed to alienate the fans.

Obviously, Marvel has a lot of other things to sell, but it is going to take some work to get the Inhumans ready for public consumption again. It’s a very small shame, because the Inhumans do have some cool things about them. They’re not X-Men or even Avengers. Hopefully, Marvel in the future figures out what was good and fun about the Inhumans, again, and they’ll get another chance at the bigtime again.