Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Grifter story has him facing Slade and then run in with Superman which he was talking to someone in intercom which revealed to be Zealot, Zealot asked if Superman is hot and Grifter saying Of course "why you asking me, of course he's hot, he's like the most attractive dude I ever seen" not sure if this was mean't as a joke or if Grifter is bi, its up to you readers I guess.
    end of spoilers
    I have a box of jellybeans that says that...

spoilers:
    The Character who has been on the comm the entire time will eventually be revealed to be Ladytron.
    end of spoilers

Looks cool. Maybe Jason will get another run down the road soon.

Jason really is carrying these anthologies. Give him a book DC enough already. I don't like wasting money on characters I don't care about just so i can follow the one character I like

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Grifter story has him facing Slade and then run in with Superman which he was talking to someone in intercom which revealed to be Zealot, Zealot asked if Superman is hot and Grifter saying Of course "why you asking me, of course he's hot, he's like the most attractive dude I ever seen" not sure if this was mean't as a joke or if Grifter is bi, its up to you readers I guess.
    end of spoilers
    Nope, spoilers:
    The person Grifter is talking to *sent* Zealot to Fox's location but is not Zealot herself. It is likely Ladytron and apparently Void is there, too, because of the teleportation.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Jason really is carrying these anthologies. Give him a book DC enough already. I don't like wasting money on characters I don't care about just so i can follow the one character I like
    Jason gets really used a lot to prop up all kinds of book (Future State: Gotham, Batman Adventures Coninues, DCeased Unkilleables, even White Knight) unfortunately his treatment in those books usually leave a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Jason gets really used a lot to prop up all kinds of book (Future State: Gotham, Batman Adventures Coninues, DCeased Unkilleables, even White Knight) unfortunately his treatment in those books usually leave a lot to be desired.
    Well, FS has ended up being allright, even when the story itself is so-so.
    And White Knight has a lot of potential now that he's appeared in the present and he clearly has a different story behind than the usual one he has.

He was in Bombshells too, and he was nicely done there.

Extraordinary Member

At least I'm sofar not terribly excited by the take in him in any of these stories.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    unkillables didnt need jason though all it really needed was people who knew what to do in a zombie apocalypse's heck if tim was alive he would have been killing people left and right.
    Last edited by redmax99; 06-10-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

So this is book made not only Grifter bisexual(unless he's joking about how hot Superman is) but in the same issue, Tim Drake is on his way of being Bi too?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Tim being Bi is only speculation at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    unkillables didnt need jason though
    But the series was promoted as lead by him and Deathstroke, and I didn't really felt like this, at least in issue 2 and 3.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Ultimately it doesn't matter in a superhero context if a character is straight/gay/bi. Is it relevant to the story? I don't care about romance in a superhero world when there are enough novels and movies or shows out there. Is it about the reader being represented? I don't need to see myself on the page. Is it about a publisher being able to say we value all our readers... translate to we want money from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Ultimately it doesn't matter in a superhero context if a character is straight/gay/bi. Is it relevant to the story? I don't care about romance in a superhero world when there are enough novels and movies or shows out there. Is it about the reader being represented? I don't need to see myself on the page. Is it about a publisher being able to say we value all our readers... translate to we want money from everyone.
    I believe its more about adding depth to the character. Not just romance, but other non-superhero stuff that they do.

For example; DBZ is well known for its fights, which often keep escalating until the penultimate part of the arc. However, its more slice of life episodes, and even mini-arcs, are usually greatly enjoyed. Because it gives the viewers/readers a glimpse of these characters when not leveling landscapes in big battles.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    So you might not want those things, and that's certainly fine but you realize others might right?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    So you might not want those things, and that's certainly fine but you realize others might right?
    Why not create a new character that's bi then? Why use a pre-existing one? Name recognition. Brand. It sells more. I'm fine with adding depth but it doesn't matter in the long run (see Batwoman's marriage). If it would lead to better stories why not make Bruce gay? The backlash. The uproar. Its just about sales and another gimmick and I hate that its being used as look at us we're tolerant and promote progress when its just marketing and shallow headlines. Yes, others might enjoy it nonetheless.