Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: Urban Legends #4 Preview

Batman: Urban Legends #4 Preview (Red Hood Story)
    Writers: Chip Zdarsky, Camrus Johnson, Meghan Fitzmartin, Matthew Rosenburg
    Artists: Eddy Barrows, Eber Ferreira, Marcus To, Loyiso Mkize, Belen Ortega, Ryan Benjamin

Is Sheila finally back? Always hated how she was erased in n52.

And is Tim just Tim these days?
    Last edited by Rise; 06-05-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

I really love the artwork. Does anyone know if there's a reason for different artists in the flashback and present parts of "Cheer"? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I really love the artwork. Does anyone know if there's a reason for different artists in the flashback and present parts of "Cheer"? Just curious.
    Different mood is my guess. Their styles set different feelings in the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Different mood is my guess. Their styles set different feelings in the reader.
    Hmm, I guess I can kind of see that? The difference in style isn't very big, though, so I wasn't sure if that's what they were trying to do. Oh well, I like both anyway so it's all good, haha.

Lot of Jason flashbacks this week, with accurate dialogue (I think, I haven't read Death in the Family in a while).

I think there's zero doubt at this point that the book is about the complicated relationship between Jason and Bruce which is finally!

Some would complain about Jason falling into a trap, but I have no problem with it because he isn't a fragile character where something like that would ruin him; he is a character with a complex and interesting history who forced DC and the fans to accept him. Also, if the book ended the way I think it will, then bringing Jason to his lowest to start a new and fresh era with him is ok with me.

Also, bringing back Sheila and Bruce acting as human being with emotions are enough to win me over.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Some would complain about Jason falling into a trap,
    Like me, why does Jason has constantly to be rescued by other Batfamily Members?
    Would be nice to have him at least once in a while take down a major villain on his own.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Grifter story has him facing Slade and then run in with Superman which he was talking to someone in intercom which revealed to be Zealot, Zealot asked if Superman is hot and Grifter saying Of course "why you asking me, of course he's hot, he's like the most attractive dude I ever seen" not sure if this was mean't as a joke or if Grifter is bi, its up to you readers I guess.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Decent issue, assuming that none of RHATO happened and this is the first meeting they've had since Under The Red Hood. That it seems like is they're going for so 9 years of character development just went down the drain. Blah. I hate that this is an anthology, I have zero interest in the rest of the stories.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Decent issue, assuming that none of RHATO happened and this is the first meeting they've had since Under The Red Hood. That it seems like is they're going for so 9 years of character development just went down the drain. Blah. I hate that this is an anthology, I have zero interest in the rest of the stories.
    sometimes I have feeling that very few people on this fandom who read RHATO, or if they read it, they only remember Jason/Roy or Jason/Artemis.

Incredible Member

I like this story. Lobdell on the outlaws was such hit and miss and even the hit was because Johns told him to use Artemis and Bizzarro.

I do not understand why they needed to make Jason's story to overly inflated. if they were going to do a big Red Hood, at least have it be something fresh or interesting. just skimming this all feels very familiar and like it can largely function (and probably functions best) independent of any development Jason's had since RHATO. I'm just looking ahead to whatever the next headline story is at this point. I dug all the other stories tho, and I really liked the Batwing story. short, to the point, felt up to date, it was a nice little showcase. I continue to appreciate how much DC's pushing the Fox family across the board. I hope we get more Fox stories in here soon. would be cool to see Tiffany get her hero origin or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    you realize this was not nor has ever been presented as a Red Hood book, right? I mean I guess I can understand not being interested in the other stories (I skip some too), but faulting an anthology book for being an anthology is a weird stance, no? iunno maybe I'm tripping
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I liked Jason's issue a lot.
    Liked Grifter too.

I could probably write something more elaborated, but I don't think I've got enough spirits on me to pull through my mood today. But, it was a good issue. The best read I've had lately within superhero comics, I guess. Which isn't much, because I'm not reading a lot. But nevertheless...

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    you realize this was not nor has ever been presented as a Red Hood book, right? I mean I guess I can understand not being interested in the other stories (I skip some too), but faulting an anthology book for being an anthology is a weird stance, no? iunno maybe I'm tripping
    Precisely because is not a Red Hood book is why I'm complaining, I hate that editorial is holding hostage a character I like in a book that has a higher price point because it includes a bunch of stories I have no interest in.