Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I like worth as an antagonist...but I thought blowing up the police station with a bazooka was a little over the top.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I like worth as an antagonist...but I thought blowing up the police station with a bazooka was a little over the top.
    yeah, if we're going to get into nits about an issue I like a lot, I wish Batman were more careful about his secret identity at the end there.

Amazing Member

Yeah, im not an expert and it seems to indicate that it wasnt just a normal Bazooka...but still, it took only one to destroy a whole building? Thats a bit much.
    I also find him becoming completely unhinged a bit too fast.
    He didnt felt like he had reached the "breaking point" yet, but then he goes completely unhinged suddenly.

But oh well, i can live with it considering the story and the loss he had.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    yeah, if we're going to get into nits about an issue I like a lot, I wish Batman were more careful about his secret identity at the end there.
    I dont think thats a big problem.
    I can see that being more a "ha i surprise you" action of Bruce and not him really revealing his identity.
    Thats how i can see that being played.

But we will see, if not then i assume Worth wont survive the arc because he doesnt strike me as a guy you could trust with a secret identity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    I dont think thats a big problem.
    I can see that being more a "ha i surprise you" action of Bruce and not him really revealing his identity.
    Thats how i can see that being played.

But we will see, if not then i assume Worth wont survive the arc because he doesnt strike me as a guy you could trust with a secret identity.
    I dunno, in the classic comics, this seems like a situation where we need someone to pretend to be Bruce Wayne so he and Batman can be in the same place at the same time in front of Worth.

But again, just a minor nit. I wouldn't really care if the writers just blew it off.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I dunno, in the classic comics, this seems like a situation where we need someone to pretend to be Bruce Wayne so he and Batman can be in the same place at the same time in front of Worth.

But again, just a minor nit. I wouldn't really care if the writers just blew it off.
    Yeah, it's a trope that's been done so many times that I think you can just skip showing the actual scene and the audience(minus nitpickers) will still get that there's some reason that the characters in the story don't put one and two together and figure out that Bruce is Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huntress appearing in a Bat-book and talking to Oracle feels so 90's/circa 2000's.

I forget, does current Huntress know Batman is Bruce Wayne? Because when Oracle is talking about the police wanting Batman, she's really talking about Bruce, right?

Is Deb Donovan the new Vicki Vale?

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about Lucius these days.

Nakano's partner wasn't an innocent? I wonder what that's about.

I like this storyline, but would have hoped for someone else besides Huntress to be in the book helping Bruce. For example, use Tim in her place.
    Also about Lucius , I'm losing faith in him . But I guess that's part of the long term plan .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I LOVED that!

The guy is like a villain/antagonist from an 80's action movie! He's got the connections to the top, limitless resources at the drop of a hat, a direct and clear motivation, and a super short fuse. He is so much fun and this book is a blast.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    hard hard disagree on that.
    Likewise. I was pretty disappointed that Mora wasn't on this issue, tbh. Not that there's anything wrong with the guy that did this one, but Mora was a good chunk of the reason I gave this book a shot in the first place.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.