Extraordinary Member

Default Far Sector #12 Preview

Far Sector #12 Preview
    Writer: N.K. Jemisin
    Artist: Jamal Campbell

Incredible Member

Nice starburst candy colors in the opening pages.

Far-Sector-12-4.jpg

Thanks. I was looking for this preview. I’m gonna reread #1-11 before Tuesday.

I wonder what's next for Jamal Campbell...

Astonishing Member

Any chance for a vol. 2? Does this end Jemisin's collaboration with DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what's next for Jamal Campbell...
    I would think vol 2 of Naomi with Bendis. Bendis has been talking that up for a while but said he needs Campbell to finish what he started before that can begin.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Honestly whose really to say right now with any of that, but at the very least DC isn’t forgetting Jo as she is currently co-leading the main green lantern series with John Stewart right now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I would think vol 2 of Naomi with Bendis. Bendis has been talking that up for a while but said he needs Campbell to finish what he started before that can begin.

Honestly whose really to say right now with any of that, but at the very least DC isn’t forgetting Jo as she is currently co-leading the main green lantern series with John Stewart right now.
    I am tired of all things Bendis, including this Naomi uber push but Far Sector was a treat I wasn't expecting one of the few things DC put out recently I enjoyed so more of that would be appreciated. If Far Sector vol 1 was Jemisin's debut at comic writing I can't wait for the encore. If not with DC maybe with Milestone.

Her Broken Earth trilogy just got a seven-figure movie deal with her doing the adaptation. I don’t see her doing comics for a long while, if at all. She said at the beginning of Far Sector that she would see how it goes in terms of whether she continues in the medium.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Her Broken Earth trilogy just got a seven-figure movie deal with her doing the adaptation. I don’t see her doing comics for a long while, if at all. She said at the beginning of Far Sector that she would see how it goes in terms of whether she continues in the medium.
    I heard that too I just didn't know if she had said anything since on the topic.

I heard that too I just didn't know if she had said anything since on the topic.
    Check it out:

96BF2F9C-2F24-46B1-9E8C-7EF02FA81455.jpg

I personally liked this last issue, I felt that this was a pretty good way of showing Jo as a character dealing with the immediate problem while also being mature enough to know that one single green lantern is not going to be big enough to change an entire planets problems and can only hope that the movement forward is a step in the right direction. Also probably good for Jo as a character herself, her personal life her relationships and finally what may come next.

Not sure if we will see Far Sector vol 2 but remember she’s starring over in Green Lantern so her story at least gets to continue in the dc universe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, I agree that it tied the story up nicely. Jo resolved what she needed to, but she can't magically fix a society. Especially not one she is not part of. I liked the character moments she had with Syzn and @CanHaz. Her final confrontation being an argument about logic vs emotions was very fitting too. I'm looking forward to Jo's adventures in Green Lantern, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Far Sector again in the future.

It was a good way to end the series. I'm really excited to see more of Jo in Green Lantern.

The ending was kind of abrupt... but in a good way ? I don't really know how to say it, I loved it, it left me wanting more, but I feel like the series concluded admirably.

I thought it was a good ending but I lost track of it because of the delays. Now that I have all 12 issues I might reread them all and see how they stack up.