Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And to the suprise of no one (except if you thought it was Damian....), Jason is working for Bruce.

I still think making this book black and White wasn't the best choice because having a futuristic setting would have benefited more from having colors.
    Last edited by Rise; 06-08-2021 at 05:24 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Damian was in my top 3 suspects solely because he was MIA throughout Future State (to my knowledge at least). Him being Jason’s contact in the shadows could have been where TPTB decided to put him.

Got to say I like that Williamson is at least utilizing other story elements from Future State books, Tim being effectively immortal and Duke using a Black Lightning sword. I know there’s always some problems with vilifying Jason but it’s an alternate future so hey what do I care, as long as it’s a cool fight between Jason and Jace later down the road. I got to say though I am a fan of the whole manga feel to it, it’s nice and gives the art a certain feel to it.

Now the question remains who on earth is this axe throwing maniac.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Given how that ended, I really don’t think we’ll be getting a Jace and Jason fight anytime soon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    everybody better beat his ass. I don't care if he gets his little one two hits in but this many members of the Bat clan, this far in their hero careers with the abilities they're bringing to this fight, should be beating the absolute breaks off Jason dolo. I love Jason but if he does even remotely well I'm gonna be tight.
    I would have been down for Jason kicking their asses, he is so often used to prop the others up that it would he been more than fair at this point.

But apparently we can't have Jason actually giving Dick some trouble in a fight one on one these days ...

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

This issue was a lot better than the previous one (and Urban Legends) besides making Jason's worst moment canon again for no real reason. Bruce being who Jason was working with was something that anyone could see coming a mile away but seeing them act like actual family, voicing their concerns to each other, and actually trusting on the other is a breath of fresh air. That said, I couldn't care less for the whole setting, the magistrate or the Next Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    And to the suprise of no one (except if you thought it was Damian....), Jason is working for Bruce.

I still think making this book black and White wasn't the best choice because having a futuristic setting would have benefited more from having colors.
    Bruce was the obvious suspect, for me at least.

I've finally read it. Not the most subtle writing there, but it serves: it's ok for a story aimed to young adults and older teens. Enjoyable. If only Bruce wouldn't get me so mad (manipulative much? Also, again, doing something like the thing he did with Dick in Grayson), and the batfam wouldn't make themselves look like idiots who also are arses. What a bunch of detectives, huh? Specially Dick, pfff. Forced stupidity is something that maddens me. A Lot.

Unless Bruce isn't Bruce.
    But I don't think that's a twist that's coming.
    But I can't believe Bruce thinks the new Batman is a bad guy.
    I can't actually think DC would make him destroy the city for something like that.
    I think he tells the truth there. But I'm not reading his story, so I don't know.
    And call me a pessimist, but I can see DC making Jason falling into a trap, and that Bruce being a fake. Buying it, making Jason look like an idiot and the batfam like the guys who were right because they absolutely knew it because... whatever nonsense reason.

I don't know...

I'm still mad at the batfam anyways. And maybe-not-Bruce Bruce, I'm mad at him too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-08-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

What I find odd is the line from Dick that they were trained by the same people, what seems to refer to Shiva (I assume that is the picture in the back ground).

Dick was afaik never trained by Shiva, and for Jason had allot of teachers other than Shiva, with Durca being probably the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What I find odd is the line from Dick that they were trained by the same people, what seems to refer to Shiva (I assume that is the picture in the back ground).

Dick was afaik never trained by Shiva, and for Jason had allot of teachers other than Shiva, with Durca being probably the most important.
    ...Has Jason told the other Bats about the All-Caste?

That person is Rose, who was Dick's apprentice. That's why he said that the technique was familiar to him.
    Last edited by Drako; 06-13-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Ok but if he is referring to their teachers, that picture of Rose (Dick's student) makes even less sense.

I don't even think that Dick was really the only teacher that Rose had (I guess most of her training came from Deatstroke), he trained Rose for one Story arc, that isn't even canon anymore, since it iirc ended with Blüdheaven getting nuked.

On top of this in both pre and post flashpoints, Jason had when he trained to become Red Hood a lot of teachers, who Dick has very likely never met.

While Dick (in the main continuity) never did the "travelling the world to train" thing, the majority of his training comes from Bruce.

I don't think the line about the 'teachers' and that moment that Jason remembers Rose are meant to be in conjunction with each other.

As far as the scene goes, Dick says a line about him and Jason sharing the same teachers, and then uses this information to claim that because of their 'shared teachers', that he'll know what moves Jason will make before he makes them. And Jason says that the technique is 'familiar', with an image of Rose that shows up. I don't think that Jason is replying to Dicks statement here in regards to 'teachers', the scene seems to imply that Jason's mind if wandering off and reminiscing about Rose, since (thanks to her meta powers) he is already used to being around someone who can 'know what moves he'll will make before he makes them'. That image of Rose coupled with Jasons 'familiar' statement, is just him being reminded of her and her abilities, thanks to the comment from Dick about him predicting moves, but it doesn't have anything to do with the line about 'shared teachers'.

I can't tell who Dick is meant to be referring to with that 'teachers' line, I don't think Jason and Dick have ever shared any other 'teacher' besides Bruce.
    Last edited by RedBird; 06-14-2021 at 01:35 AM.

Ok but if he is referring to their teachers, that picture of Rose (Dick's student) makes even less sense.

I don't even think that Dick was really the only teacher that Rose had (I guess most of her training came from Deatstroke), he trained Rose for one Story arc, that isn't even canon anymore, since it iirc ended with Blüdheaven getting nuked.

On top of this in both pre and post flashpoints, Jason had when he trained to become Red Hood a lot of teachers, who Dick has very likely never met.

While Dick (in the main continuity) never did the "travelling the world to train" thing, the majority of his training comes from Bruce.
    It's canon. Even before Death Metal, he appears training with Rose in a flashback of the Deathstroke book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's canon. Even before Death Metal, he appears training with Rose in a flashback of the Deathstroke book.
    The training might be, but the story arc is definitely not otherwise Blüdhaven would still be a radio active wasteland.