Extraordinary Member

Default The Joker #4 Preview

The Joker #4 Preview
    Writer: James Tynion IV
    Artist: Guillem March
    Backup Writers: James Tynion IV and Sam Johns
    Backup Artist: Mirka Andolfo

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They should cut her hair. Having the Luchador mask with a tiny hole at the back for her massive hair is really awkward.

"First wife?" Is Sarah Essen back in continuity?

I think in the New 52 Babs sr. abandoned the family and didn't take James Jr. with her, but Tynion's going back to that she took James with when she left...which then begs the question why she didn't take her biological daughter too unless they've retconned back in the niece origin, but I guess we could assume Babs was old enough to want to stay with her dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    They should cut her hair. Having the Luchador mask with a tiny hole at the back for her massive hair is really awkward.
    Of all the ridiculous things about this "daughter of Bane," that seems at least forgivable because this is the DC Universe.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Oof, that's a horrible cover. Is Joker flashing us? And I thought we'd agreed that a collection of floating heads was crap back in the 90's.

I've found March's work really inconsistent on this book so far and the preview looks to continue that.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Joker num 5 was fantastic... That's imo the best issue tynion has done on a batman comic so far. More of that please!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Joker num 5 was fantastic... That's imo the best issue tynion has done on a batman comic so far. More of that please!!!
    One very minor nit... "Mazzuchelli Towers"... I know that naming buildings/streets/neighborhoods in Gotham after creators has become a thing, but it's so overused at this point that it's no longer cute and just takes me out of the story, albeit briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    One very minor nit... "Mazzuchelli Towers"... I know that naming buildings/streets/neighborhoods in Gotham after creators has become a thing, but it's so overused at this point that it's no longer cute and just takes me out of the story, albeit briefly.
    I noticed that we well. It didn't really bother me cause mazz certainly deserves it. It's better than " Snyder college " which is lame as hell

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I noticed that we well. It didn't really bother me cause mazz certainly deserves it. It's better than " Snyder college " which is lame as hell
    Sure, but I don't think Mazz cares either way. Until like 3 years ago or whatever, this trend was virtually non-existent and so all the legends of this industry never even thought about having streets and buildings named after them in the comics as being part of their legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I feel like it's more of a media thing than a comic thing, but I guess it happens in the comics too.

I remember them doing it back in Batman: The Animated Series
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)