Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    We've also seen that it pretty specifically doesn't destroy someone across multiple realities, so Madoka and Homura are probably safe, or at least difficult to terminate with it, being multiversal beings.
    Nope, it did not work on Zamasu because he is immortal. Otherwise it would have indeed erased him across time like Beerus said it would have.

How are they multiversal?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    If someone can protect her, Sakura from Card Captor has that Erase card, right? And a few other potent ones IIRC.
    I don't recall her having much power at all tbh.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I don't recall her having much power at all tbh.
    I mean, she's explicitly stronger than Clow Reed, who accidentally created a paradox that caused the universe/multiverse to eventually reboot itself with a stray wish in a moment of grief, but I'm not so sure she ever bothered to master that power since the most important way that strength was displayed that she was able to actually control her power so that she didn't do things like that and didn't constantly have visions of the future, unlike Clow Reed.

That said, I don't recall any a feast that suggests that the Erase card, or any of the other Clow/Sakura cards had enough oomph to get past the DBZ characters' resistance to esoteric attacks when reasonably powered up.

Nope, it did not work on Zamasu because he is immortal. Otherwise it would have indeed erased him across time like Beerus said it would have.
    Define "immortal", because Makoda, at least, should be that given that she's more a conceptual universal force now, a psychopomp for magical girls that exists simultaneously across all time and space.

Yeah, don't know about this since all I'm familiar with is the TV series and movie. I know there have been several spinoff series though. Has it been confirmed that Madoka and Homora are the same across all media?
    Last edited by Twickster; 06-09-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    If someone can protect her, Sakura from Card Captor has that Erase card, right? And a few other potent ones IIRC.
    Most of the DB Tournament fights are one on one, aren't they? There were some that occurred at the same time, or maybe it was if you finish your guy you can help your teammate finish their guy? I'm not sure how that worked since I have only seen it in video clips.

Anyway, Sakura might find herself alone. No certainty that she would have protection.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Belldandy with CIS removed would be a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Most of the DB Tournament fights are one on one, aren't they? There were some that occurred at the same time, or maybe it was if you finish your guy you can help your teammate finish their guy? I'm not sure how that worked since I have only seen it in video clips.

Anyway, Sakura might find herself alone. No certainty that she would have protection.
    The Tournament of Power was a Free For All Team Battle with a time limit on an arena made out of the DB equivalent of Adamantium (which most of the competitors were strong/powerful enough to shatter pretty easily). It also had a no-kill rule, banned flight that wasn't based on some sort of physiological method like wings (don't know if Sakura using the Fly Card on her Clow Rod counts), and worked on a Ring Out system. Also, I think that weapons are banned, but Zen'O seemed lenient on this if they were fun/cool, so magical girl transformation artifacts and weapons would probably be okay.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Even worse - wasn't it actually because Zamasu had used the Super Dragon Balls to override any attempts to erase him or destroy him across time?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Even worse - wasn't it actually because Zamasu had used the Super Dragon Balls to override any attempts to erase him or destroy him across time?
    It was either because he had used the Super Dragonballs to wish for immortality (and those Dragonballs are powerful enough to instantly bring back every universe/multiverse that the twin Lords of All Things erased during the Tournament of Power, with the only thing we saw that was strong enough to override it being one of The Lords of All Things himself coming down and oneshotting the universe/multiverse that Fused Zamasu had just finished absorbing, before he could continue on his path of absorbing potentially the entire multiverse altogether), or because he was wearing the ring that let Kaioushin time travel and, I think, may have provided some degree of protection from timeline alterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Define "immortal", because Makoda, at least, should be that given that she's more a conceptual universal force now, a psychopomp for magical girls that exists simultaneously across all time and space.
    Just means he can't be killed. You can lop his head off and he'll grow it back, stab him in the heart and he'd just smile.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

There were a good number of team-ups and just outright team vs. team (or rather multiples) battles going on, for whatever it's worth. Indeed, this is primarily how the humans were able to stay in the game and contribute for as long as they did.

I'm also hesitant to spoil much with finer details since I greatly enjoyed a lot of those team-ups and dogpiles, and wouldn't want to rob that enjoyment from anyone.

Just means he can't be killed. You can lop his head off and he'll grow it back, stab him in the heart and he'd just smile.
    In this case, Madoka doesn't have a physical body and technically can't even be considered a living thing. She's more an overarching principle that governs magical girls in her universe. That sort of transcendental shenanigans is a fair bit higher than physical immortality.

Take note that doesn't mean she's unable to attack things, given that her wish explicitly involves her destroying every witch at the moment of their births, past, present and future, with her own hands.
    Last edited by Twickster; 06-10-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Actually, is she's actually Omnipresent, then wouldn't Madoka be considered impossible to ring out?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Actually, is she's actually Omnipresent, then wouldn't Madoka be considered impossible to ring out?
    I'm not familiar with the character, but...

I doubt it would work that way in Khazan, unless she has feats for working in an area where she has been specifically kicked out of / had her body destroyed. Omnipresent seems like a concept that works in universe, but Khazan isn't really in the source universe.

For example: Nate Grey, in "powerful" mode, is just fine actually doing stuff without a body, and has feats for it.

OTOH, if she can fly/teleport and survive in space and hostile environments, she may be able to just come back.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    In this case, Madoka doesn't have a physical body and technically can't even be considered a living thing. She's more an overarching principle that governs magical girls in her universe. That sort of transcendental shenanigans is a fair bit higher than physical immortality.

Take note that doesn't mean she's unable to attack things, given that her wish explicitly involves her destroying every witch at the moment of their births, past, present and future, with her own hands.
    Like I said, Zamasu didn't just have physical immortality, as space time erasure didn't impact him at all. Even when he was destroyed physically he just ended up becoming one with the "multiverse" and was quickly leaking through space and time as he was about to assimilate with the "multiverse" across time and space.

Spirits are impacted by it however, and if that is what Madoka is, and if she isn't explicitly immortal...
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral