Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Magic Girl Team at DB Tournament of Power

I've been watching the new Sailor Moon movie which leads me to post this. At the Tournament of Power, Universe 2 was kind of magic girl with some of the the team like the Maiden Squadron with Ribrianne, who was no slouch.

Using other magic girls, could one put together a team of 7 from all such girls that could stand a chance to hang in there for awhile (at least not stomped out).

Not my strong suite, so curious.

As a general rule, I think that you would find the strongest Anime/Manga Magical Girls from the ranks of Sailor Moon. Other sources have the occasional powerful Magical Girl, though not as many as in Sailor Moon.

The trick is that you need to find Magical Girls that can take a hit and come back fighting. Either that, or one-shot Goku and company, which is incredibly difficult.

Even as powerful as the Sailor Scouts are, they usually require time to charge up their attacks. In other words, they can be rather slow. Speed is another issue.

So I'm not sure.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I want to throw Majiba Kayo in here. Like, I doubt she's on Dragon Ball Super levels of power, but she's one of the more physical Magical Girls I've seen, so she should at least be able to handle the fodder for a bit before she inevitably gets smacked by someone important.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I can't name specific characters, but I'd start by looking at the following series to find them

Sailor Moon
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    Pretty Cure
    Magic Knight Rayearth
    Cutie Honey
    Oh My Goddess

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To actually compete seriously in the ToP, you need fighters with lightspeed-ish (at least) reactions and "multi-galaxy buster" (at least) attack power. And that's just to do "OK", not to win, because to win, you need someone who can top UI Goku, SSBE Vegeta, Jiren, GoD Toppo and the other lesser types. And that's insane stuff that's simply hard to find. To meet the "magic girl" requirement, you'd need, I dunno, at least Galactus level and probably higher as "magic girls." There aren't many.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Mighty Member

If i remember that correct has Madoka magical girls who can rewrite the laws of the universe, and have time stop capabilities that make Hit look like an amateur, and i think Ah my Goddes played around with the super string theory, atomic or better regeneration and manipulation, manipulating reality, way faster than light reactions, and other things, i am not sure if the notoriously lacking in hax participants of the Tournament of Power can do much against that, especially considering what a threat even Moro was already.

And does Haruhi Suzumiya count as a magical girl?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-05-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    If i remember that correct has Madoka magical girls who can rewrite the laws of the universe, and have time stop capabilities that make Hit look like an amateur, and i think Ah my Goddes played around with the super string theory, atomic or better regeneration and manipulation, manipulating reality, way faster than light reactions, and other things, i am not sure if the notoriously lacking in hax participants of the Tournament of Power can do much against that, especially considering what a threat even Moro was already.

And does Haruhi Suzumiya count as a magical girl?
    I wouldn't call her a magical girl since she lacks certain characteristics common to most, however, others may think differently. The majority of magical girls are either 'witches' and/or have transformational powers that change their appearance, sometimes giving them magical powers as well. Haruhi Suzumiya is more closer to being a 'Superhuman' instead of a magical human, I think. I could be wrong.

I haven't seen a lot of other magical girl anime, but I do believe that Sailor Moon is considered one of the most powerful. Her and Sailor Galaxia. I want to throw Sailor Cosmos into this, but she has NO feats whatsoever. That being said, I don't think they would really last in the TOP. They have power, but not the speed. I mean, Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon destroyed an entire planet at the end of R and it's safe to say she's grown even stronger by the time of Stars. But speed kills. Literally.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I haven't seen a lot of other magical girl anime, but I do believe that Sailor Moon is considered one of the most powerful. Her and Sailor Galaxia. I want to throw Sailor Cosmos into this, but she has NO feats whatsoever. That being said, I don't think they would really last in the TOP. They have power, but not the speed. I mean, Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon destroyed an entire planet at the end of R and it's safe to say she's grown even stronger by the time of Stars. But speed kills. Literally.
    To be fair, didn't Moon and Chibi-Moon do that by during full out blasts from two different versions of the Ginzuishou? Even if she got better general stats in later arcs, I don't know that she ever got firepower better than that.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Do people like Amethyst, Queen of Gemworld count? She’s a Lord of Order right?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Do people like Amethyst, Queen of Gemworld count? She’s a Lord of Order right?
    She fought the Spectre and lived so she's up there.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Can we use Witches from Madoka? Anyone without feats for highly developed ki senses probably won't even be able to perceive them, and then it's still questionable who will be able to meaningfully interact with them. Granted, they can't really do very much, but they might be able to mindgank some of the weaker competitors into self-killing.

Since this is the ToP, there's probably not going to be an immediate rushdown speedblitz. IIRC, Universe 2's magical girls basically went unbothered until Ribrianne transformed. So anyone with big stuff to activate can probably at least get it started. I believe the first season Symphogear villain just straight up pulled the moon out of orbit (or broke it in half and pulled that half down? Memory fuzzy), so while I don't remember a lot of feats from that series, decent bet they can at least hit hard enough to do damage here, albeit probably not to the top tiers, if they can get someone in the group who will make hitting other competitors possible.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-06-2021 at 08:13 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

To fulfill the trope, do they have to have a magical transformation? That seems prevalent to Magical Girl types. Ro Dianne had it in DBS as an example.

Because if so than Mary Marvel and She-Ra would both count. Those are two class 100 hitters and at least Mary has super speed too.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    To fulfill the trope, do they have to have a magical transformation? That seems prevalent to Magical Girl types. Ro Dianne had it in DBS as an example.

Because if so than Mary Marvel and She-Ra would both count. Those are two class 100 hitters and at least Mary has super speed too.
    Wonder Woman has been referred to as Magical 'Girl' (woman actually), though maybe not all incarnations of her. I'm sort of borderline myself in describing her that way.

I know of a whole lot of characters that would qualify under Magical Girl, however, most of them are not powerful enough to take on the Dragon Ball Crowd.

The problem with the Dragon Ball series as a whole is that it is an endless endeavor to make certain characters more and more powerful.

Are there Magical Girls that could take out Ribrianne and the Universe 2 team? Probably. Can they take out Goku and the Universe 7 team? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-06-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Wonder Woman has been referred to as Magical 'Girl' (woman actually), though maybe not all incarnations of her. I'm sort of borderline myself in describing her that way.

I know of a whole lot of characters that would qualify under Magical Girl, however, most of them are not powerful enough to take on the Dragon Ball Crowd.

The problem with the Dragon Ball series as a whole is that it is an endless endeavor to make certain characters more and more powerful.

Are there Magical Girls that could take out Ribrianne and the Universe 2 team? Probably. Can they take out Goku and the Universe 7 team? I doubt it.
    I'd say its less to do with raw power, as magical girls have fancy esoteric abilities. The problem is speed, and the vast, if not all magical girl series don't have much in the way of ridiculous speed(outside of travel), and tend to be glass cannons. This is a problem in a setting involving super speed class 100 brick that blow crap up on a wide range scale at high speed.

Remember that ToP more or less opened up into a giant light show of highspeed explosions. The entire tournament only took 40 some minutes in real time, everyone at the start of the tournament opened up with varying levels of superspeed at the bell, essentially. Mostly with big explosions.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral