Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I'd say its less to do with raw power, as magical girls have fancy esoteric abilities. The problem is speed, and the vast, if not all magical girl series don't have much in the way of ridiculous speed(outside of travel), and tend to be glass cannons. This is a problem in a setting involving super speed class 100 brick that blow crap up on a wide range scale at high speed.

Remember that ToP more or less opened up into a giant light show of highspeed explosions. The entire tournament only took 40 some minutes in real time, everyone at the start of the tournament opened up with varying levels of superspeed at the bell, essentially. Mostly with big explosions.
    A webcomic that I follow recently showed a Magical Girl whose primary magical ability was super-speed [She had a weapon as well]. Thing is, by herself that is all she had and it wasn't enough to keep her from losing an arm and being depowered.

You would need a Magical Girl who had a powerset that included super speed, as well as other abilities including durability. Of course, if you had someone with near reality-altering magic that could disable anyone else regardless of how powerful they are, then maybe that might work. But even if Wanda, the Scarlet Witch went up against them, there is no certainty that she'd have the time to do anything before being knocked unconscious.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, didn't Moon and Chibi-Moon do that by during full out blasts from two different versions of the Ginzuishou? Even if she got better general stats in later arcs, I don't know that she ever got firepower better than that.
    In the anime I believe so. In the manga it looked like they just both used Moon Princess Halation on Nemesis. The next biggest thing that stands out in the Manga is when she dusts all eight Senshi after taking their Galactica Planet Attack. And then she took out Chaos at the end.

Manga Sailor Moon was a beast and is generally who I default to unless the anime version is mentioned.

I wasn't aware of this until just now after coming across the info, but at the end of the Manga, there is Sailor Cosmos, possibly an ultimate future version of Sailor Moon. Some comments I've read suggest that Sailor Cosmos is more powerful than Goku.

I never read the entire SM Series, so I have no idea how powerful Sailor Cosmos is, but I thought I'd throw that out there anyway.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I vaguely recall the Stars-era Senshi being capable of Light Speed? I could be pulling that out of my ass, though. If they can keep up, Eternal Moon and Galaxia should at least be capable.

Other than that, how esoteric can you really get? Like, God!Madoka and Devil!Homura probably have the raw power via reality-warping, but again speed is such an issue.

Do we want to count the Tenchi Muyo! ladies? Powered up Ryoko might be able to hang.

I'd say its less to do with raw power, as magical girls have fancy esoteric abilities. The problem is speed, and the vast, if not all magical girl series don't have much in the way of ridiculous speed(outside of travel), and tend to be glass cannons. This is a problem in a setting involving super speed class 100 brick that blow crap up on a wide range scale at high speed.

Remember that ToP more or less opened up into a giant light show of highspeed explosions. The entire tournament only took 40 some minutes in real time, everyone at the start of the tournament opened up with varying levels of superspeed at the bell, essentially. Mostly with big explosions.
    Or not being corporeal entities in the first place. In the case of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, both Madoka and Homura at the end transcended into, in the case of the former, a sort of omnipresent reality-warping god magical girl that somehow collects all the souls of all magical girls, past, present and future at the same time, and in the case of the latter, a being powerful enough to keep the former being suppressed and thinking she's just a "normal" girl. Transcendent states of being like no-one's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Other than that, how esoteric can you really get? Like, God!Madoka and Devil!Homura probably have the raw power via reality-warping, but again speed is such an issue.
    Oh, didn't notice this comment. But then I doubt end-state Madoka and Homura are even "punchable" anymore, unless they wanted to be.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Oh, didn't notice this comment. But then I doubt end-state Madoka and Homura are even "punchable" anymore, unless they wanted to be.
    Yeah, that's a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wasn't aware of this until just now after coming across the info, but at the end of the Manga, there is Sailor Cosmos, possibly an ultimate future version of Sailor Moon. Some comments I've read suggest that Sailor Cosmos is more powerful than Goku.

I never read the entire SM Series, so I have no idea how powerful Sailor Cosmos is, but I thought I'd throw that out there anyway.
    Some comments i've seen claimed Naruto could beat the Living Tribunal, doesn't make it true . That might have been the one I was thinking of who busted a star. Either way, speed, and glass(ish)cannon status means pretty much all the scouts lose to characters that have a lower damage output than they do, but have the speed to blitz them, and do enough damage to harm them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I vaguely recall the Stars-era Senshi being capable of Light Speed? I could be pulling that out of my ass, though. If they can keep up, Eternal Moon and Galaxia should at least be capable.
    Only in travel speed.

Do we want to count the Tenchi Muyo! ladies? Powered up Ryoko might be able to hang.
    I always thought she used energy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Or not being corporeal entities in the first place. In the case of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, both Madoka and Homura at the end transcended into, in the case of the former, a sort of omnipresent reality-warping god magical girl that somehow collects all the souls of all magical girls, past, present and future at the same time, and in the case of the latter, a being powerful enough to keep the former being suppressed and thinking she's just a "normal" girl. Transcendent states of being like no-one's business.
    Problem with that is Toppa. Once he goes GoD, hakai can impact physical objects, spirits, and even the very fabric of space(dude was wrecking the very fabric of space around the ToP arena), while also completely erasing non-gods across all time and space.
    Last edited by Cody; 06-07-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Mighty Member

I wouldn't call her a magical girl since she lacks certain characteristics common to most, however, others may think differently. The majority of magical girls are either 'witches' and/or have transformational powers that change their appearance, sometimes giving them magical powers as well. Haruhi Suzumiya is more closer to being a 'Superhuman' instead of a magical human, I think. I could be wrong.
    I think i have seen her mentioned in some magical girl rankings, might have been even a cbr ranking, but it is true that she don't follows the typical pattern.

Wonder Woman has been referred to as Magical 'Girl' (woman actually), though maybe not all incarnations of her. I'm sort of borderline myself in describing her that way.

I know of a whole lot of characters that would qualify under Magical Girl, however, most of them are not powerful enough to take on the Dragon Ball Crowd.

The problem with the Dragon Ball series as a whole is that it is an endless endeavor to make certain characters more and more powerful.

Are there Magical Girls that could take out Ribrianne and the Universe 2 team? Probably. Can they take out Goku and the Universe 7 team? I doubt it.
    The strongest versions of Wonder Woman like Golden or the Witching versions should steamroll through Universe 7, but that is the first time i see anyone calling Wonder Woman a magical girl, at least in the Sailor Moon like character meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I think i have seen her mentioned in some magical girl rankings, might have been even a cbr ranking, but it is true that she don't follows the typical pattern.

The strongest versions of Wonder Woman like Golden or the Witching versions should steamroll through Universe 7, but that is the first time i see anyone calling Wonder Woman a magical girl, at least in the Sailor Moon like character meaning.
    I think it is based on the TV series where we see Wonder Woman spinning around to change into her costume. It's a rather questionable reason for adding her to the MG list.

The thing about Cosmos is that she was REALLY vague. We know almost nothing about her or how powerful she is. Chibi Usa asks if she was the Future Sailor Moon, but we don't know if that means she's the future version of Usagi Tsukino or her decendant who's taken up the role of Sailor Moon.

Problem with that is Toppa. Once he goes GoD, hakai can impact physical objects, spirits, and even the very fabric of space(dude was wrecking the very fabric of space around the ToP arena), while also completely erasing non-gods across all time and space.
    Well, I'm not saying they could win, but those two could at least hang for a while.

I guess the counter argument would be that Moe-geta overpowered Hakaippo. So a sufficiently strong magical girl can and will do the same.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

\
    We've also seen that it pretty specifically doesn't destroy someone across multiple realities, so Madoka and Homura are probably safe, or at least difficult to terminate with it, being multiversal beings.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

If someone can protect her, Sakura from Card Captor has that Erase card, right? And a few other potent ones IIRC.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM