Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member angelusdelioncourt's Avatar

Exclamation Red Son Superman VS Brightburn, Homelander, The Utopian, Omni-man

Sheldon Sampson (The Utopian) from Jupiter's Legacy

You can use the comic book version of whomever character if it's the more powerful version.

Empty Earth and at night. None will go up to non-oxygen breathable atmosphere

The 4 (Brightburn, Homelander, The Utopian, Omni-man) wear Depleted Promethium (alloyed with titanium and vanadium) gauntlets on both hands. The knuckles on the gauntlets are spikes
    Last edited by angelusdelioncourt; 06-07-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Gut reaction is Superman, I don't think others are at his level, smashing through multi layered lantern constructs, though I am more familiar with the movies and shows for most of the other characters.

How good is this Utopian feat? How fast is he?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Gut reaction is Superman, I don't think others are at his level, smashing through multi layered lantern constructs, though I am more familiar with the movies and shows for most of the other characters.

How good is this Utopian feat? How fast is he?

Utopian has massive super speed, he just forgets about it in 100% of his combat engagements. To be fair, there are like 2 of those in the series. The series really isn't all about them using their powers.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

You think The Utopian would be the heaviest hitter of the 4?

Quote Originally Posted by angelusdelioncourt View Post
    You think The Utopian would be the heaviest hitter of the 4?
    Not by his on-screen feats. Omni-Man probably takes that title. Utopian has a couple of referenced off-screen things, like taking care of an incoming asteroid near Mars or something, but on-screen, nothing really on Omni-Man's level.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I wanna say Omni-Man could potentially make Red Son work for it on his own?

But part of me also wants to see, "THINK COMRADE, THINK."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The one time Homelander brawled with a character above his level, he got his jaw punched off his face and ended up dismembered.

Brightburn is a kid.

I don't see them contributing much here.

This is going to be up to Omni-Man.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The one time Homelander brawled with a character above his level, he got his jaw punched off his face and ended up dismembered.

Brightburn is a kid.

I don't see them contributing much here.

This is going to be up to Omni-Man.
    There's The Utopian too if anything

And don't forget their Depleted Promethium gauntlets
    Last edited by angelusdelioncourt; 06-07-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Red Son Superman stomps. In combat, he moves at 10 times the speed of thought. And in the end of his book (spoilers):

He flies from Earth to the outer reaches of the solar system in 59 seconds carrying a bomb powered by six mini black holes, which explodes and destroys everything in a 15 million mile radius... Except for him.
    He's far too much for these folks to handle. Went back to check the book to make sure my memory was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Red Son Superman stomps. In combat, he moves at 10 times the speed of thought. And in the end of his book (spoilers):

He's far too much for these folks to handle. Went back to check the book to make sure my memory was right.
    Cap, can you give something a little more quantifiable than "the speed of thought?" That's usually a no-no 'round these parts (I'm not trying to patronize - I know you know this, of course). If it's 10x speed of human thought, that's statue-level compared to at least Omni-Man, Brightburn and Utopian.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Cap, can you give something a little more quantifiable than "the speed of thought?" That's usually a no-no 'round these parts (I'm not trying to patronize - I know you know this, of course). If it's 10x speed of human thought, that's statue-level compared to at least Omni-Man, Brightburn and Utopian.
    Not really, I'm just quoting the book. He says this while super speed slipping a Lantern ring off Hal's finger without Hal seeing or feeling a thing. "A thought based weapon against a guy who can move at 10 times the speed of thought." He does casually circle the globe while approaching trans light speeds as a form of meditation. He also catches a bullet held up to a guy's temple, and does a lot of zipping back and forth across the globe to stop crimes he hears. I recognize a certain amount of that is travel speed, but then again, so are Omniman and Utopians, going by that clip.

Also, it doesn't matter because they could wail on him in his sleep and still couldn't hurt him.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 06-08-2021 at 04:39 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Small correction with regards to the Utopian - he deflects a comet that's headed toward earth, not an asteroid. Based on the speed and size of comets, it's a significant feat. Given he did it casually, and there's reference to 'this time' or something along those lines (giving the idea he has done this before), it's pretty impressive.

However, he never...EVER does anything on that level on-screen. It's so far above what he does on-screen it's not even funny.

Also, it makes me wonder how often his earth is actually threatened by comets.

Edit: Maaan, I did not like that series.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-08-2021 at 04:52 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Small correction with regards to the Utopian - he deflects a comet that's headed toward earth, not an asteroid. Based on the speed and size of comets, it's a significant feat. Given he did it casually, and there's reference to 'this time' or something along those lines (giving the idea he has done this before), it's pretty impressive.

However, he never...EVER does anything on that level on-screen. It's so far above what he does on-screen it's not even funny.

Also, it makes me wonder how often his earth is actually threatened by comets.

Edit: Maaan, I did not like that series.
    Yeah, I didn't recall if it was comet or asteroid and I didn't really want to check. :-) I did doubt myself between the two, hence be saying "or something."

I'm not against the series, but man, there's just faaaaaaarrrrrrr to much PIS, even in a limited run. Even CW series are like "daym, that's some PIS."

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, I didn't recall if it was comet or asteroid and I didn't really want to check. :-) I did doubt myself between the two, hence be saying "or something."
    Yeah, just clarifying. I don't blame you for not wanting to check.

I'm not against the series, but man, there's just faaaaaaarrrrrrr to much PIS, even in a limited run. Even CW series are like "daym, that's some PIS."
    I wasn't a fan, let's say - PIS was abominable to the point where my wife, who normally doesn't think in those terms, was just shaking her head because stuff didn't make sense. But even outside of it there were huge issues with pacing (the pacing was atrocious), character development, predictability, etc.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

By the way don't use the TV version if it's weaker. You could use the comics versions