Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stormfront vs Colossus

Stormfront from "The Boys" tv show, vs Colossus from the Deadpool movies.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

She can fly and spam lightning. He's made of metal. Not a great setup for Colossus.

She's also probably tough enough to tank most of what he can dish, given what it took to put her down.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    She can fly and spam lightning. He's made of metal. Not a great setup for Colossus.

She's also probably tough enough to tank most of what he can dish, given what it took to put her down.
    Yea but see, her lightning also can't hurt any main character with a name. Just tosses em around a lil' bit and tickles em.

So depends on the day really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea but see, her lightning also can't hurt any main character with a name. Just tosses em around a lil' bit and tickles em.

So depends on the day really.
    Muhahahaha nice one.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The thing is, Colossus being conductive doesn't mean it can hurt him. Lightning rods are conductive, and they get hit by lightning all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The thing is, Colossus being conductive doesn't mean it can hurt him. Lightning rods are conductive, and they get hit by lightning all the time.
    It doesn't mean that it can't either. Generally, people need to prove resistance, it's not granted. I'm not saying metal makes it worse for him, but I don't think it would grant him any special resistance. And there's literally nothing he can do to her, given that he's standing on the ground only.

I was only able to find one feat for Colossus being either immune or very resistant to electricity. At least it appears to be electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I was only able to find one feat for Colossus being either immune or very resistant to electricity. At least it appears to be electricity.

First, I don't think that Pete took the main blast there, it was Rogue. And of course, Rogue has ignored Storm's lightning going way back to when she was a bad guy, so that level of effect seems specious.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It doesn't mean that it can't either. Generally, people need to prove resistance, it's not granted. I'm not saying metal makes it worse for him, but I don't think it would grant him any special resistance. And there's literally nothing he can do to her, given that he's standing on the ground only.
    I think generally we don't assume compartmentalized durability as a default, and I think lightning falls under durability. And he's got plenty of that from the Negasonic Teenage Warhead explosion. Also, he DID grab a live wire without reservations. Granted, he didn't grab it by the live end directly, but sparks were flying off the thing and he didn't seem concerned about them.

Not sure he can outlast her, but I don't see lightning bypassing his durability.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To be fair, that was comic Colossus (who is basically just a walking chunk of metal that doesn't even need to breathe while transformed, IIRC), and not the extremely likeable but significantly less impressive Deadpool version of Colossus who is apparently at least fleshy enough that he needs to breathe (or at least thinks that he does), going by the Angel Dust fight. And, for what it's worth, he at least temporarily put down a Juggernaut with notably better strength and durability than himself by cramming a live power line up his backdoor, though I can't remember if Colossus ever took any of that jolt himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I think generally we don't assume compartmentalized durability as a default, and I think lightning falls under durability. And he's got plenty of that from the Negasonic Teenage Warhead explosion. Also, he DID grab a live wire without reservations. Granted, he didn't grab it by the live end directly, but sparks were flying off the thing and he didn't seem concerned about them.

Not sure he can outlast her, but I don't see lightning bypassing his durability.
    I agree - I wasn't arguing for compartmentalized durability at all! I'm just saying that she can fly up and blast him with absolute and total impunity, and that she can hit at least pretty hard with the lightning. I think she eventually gets through his durability, at least for a 10 count.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, that was comic Colossus (who is basically just a walking chunk of metal that doesn't even need to breathe while transformed, IIRC), and not the extremely likeable but significantly less impressive Deadpool version of Colossus who is apparently at least fleshy enough that he needs to breathe (or at least thinks that he does), going by the Angel Dust fight. And, for what it's worth, he at least temporarily put down a Juggernaut with notably better strength and durability than himself by cramming a live power line up his backdoor, though I can't remember if Colossus ever took any of that jolt himself.
    He never took any of that shock himself, as he grabbed the line by the insulator. It also was a James Bond style kill - the wire up the butt plus the knock into the pool. And of course, they beat feet expressly before Juggy could wake up and be angry with them.

I'd argue she can't hurt him at all, honestly.

Her best feat is what, messing up the apartment building with her lightning?

Colossus gets into a backyard brawl with a guy who obliterates a large chunk of highway with the force of him punching through the floor of the transport van.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 06-07-2021 at 10:29 PM. Reason: slight misremebering. was a punch not a kick.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'd argue she can't hurt him at all, honestly.

Her best feat is what, messing up the apartment building with her lightning?

Colossus gets into a backyard brawl with a guy who obliterates a large chunk of highway with the force of him punching through the floor of the transport van.
    Well, this requires some extrapolation, but, Maeve has that feat for Hancocking a speeding bus or garbage truck or whatever. And Maeve, by herself, is no match for Stormfront physically. EDIT: The three girls beat her, but not before she overpowered and killed Kumiko via Superman'ing her neck (obviously, that doesn't stick on her, as she's immortal or whatever), ragdolled Annie, flicked a car 100m, blew up a warehouse and was about to finish Annie when Maeve cold-cocked her. The three girls then started going off on her, during which she managed to knock down all three of them with hits despite being three-way'd. It didn't really do any damage - she got up each time she was knocked down, then she finally decided to leave, flying away. Maeve by herself would have been kibble, like Annie and Kumiko were, by themselves.

I think that puts her high enough to hurt Colossus.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 06-08-2021 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Edit - rewatched for accuracy

Not quite.

Both Maeve and Starlight punched her hard enough for blood to come out of her nose/mouth and not teensy bits either; and she didn't just get up. Maeve slapped her **** up, then Annie jumped in, then Kumiko did. She got up once, got knocked back and they started kicking the **** out of her again, and then she ran away.

If she tries to get into a punch up with Colossus she's losing, but her lightning isn't enough to ruffle his fluffle.

Arx Inosaan