Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
Bat/Cat was without a doubt the book I was most hyped about this year. I loved the relationship in Kings run, I hated the bait and switch and then cop out when it came to having Batman and Catwoman get hitched
My hopes were that this mini would rectify that and give me what I believed King had planned, his opus on these two. Maybe it was just the reality of what this book is not lining up with what I expected in my head but I’m just not getting this series. It’s supposed to be Bat Cat but Batman’s barely in it. I don’t get Selina, I don’t understand why we needed more Joker, I don’t get why Harleys there. I don’t care about the future bits at all, I thought the current setting of an Alfred less Bruce trying to make things work with Selina was a great premise but instead King is going another direction. I don’t think it’s necessarily the writings fault per say as I admit my expectations were so high but as it is I don’t know what this story is supposed to be. And I want to love, it’s
Fantastic to look at but it’s not even as poetic as I usually find Kings books which is weird.
Hi , I have to agree with you about this book. I too was excited about the book, I thought that it would have been a continuation type of book, from when King was writing Batman. But really Batman is hardly in it, and I don't understand Selina & Joker . Helena has a chance of being a really good character but she's not really in the book that much either.
After picking up 5 issues , I think that I might cut my losses, and wait to read the whole thing as a Trade. DC is also not helping the book by having such an erratic schedule. I would have thought that at this point in June , we would be much further ahead.
It is a really nice looking book with Clay Mann doing the art !