Default How much of a threat would Cell be if he absorbed the powers of...

Buu
    Beerus
    Whis
    Goku Black
    Jiren
    Maro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Buu
    Beerus
    Whis
    Goku Black
    Jiren
    Maro?
    I'm pretty sure Cell was incapable of absorbing anyone but the Androids, and even then only 17/18. 16 no-sold it. He could however drain energy from opponents.

Which doesn't work very well against anyone on this list for a variety of reasons.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yup, Cell's gig is that he was made of the DNA of the various Z-boys, so he had their abilities and potential.

The absorption was only to incorporate... whatever... was inside 17 and 18 to let him evolve.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Should have probably made this a composite Cell, since in GT he did have that ability, and used it on Goku. Didn't work mind you, but only because Goku powered his way out of it. So it isn't going to help him much against anyone on the list save for a sleeping Buu.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yup, Cell's gig is that he was made of the DNA of the various Z-boys, so he had their abilities and potential.

The absorption was only to incorporate... whatever... was inside 17 and 18 to let him evolve.
    Yeah. Absorbing people and taking their power/abilities for his own was more of a 'Buu' thing.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, at least 1st Form Cell could absorb people through his tail syringe, but, as far as we know, he only gained a permanent power level boost from them (though to what degree of power he got boosted for every unit of power he absorbed, or how it would interact with stuff like God Ki or magical power, we don't know). So assuming that Perfect Cell didn't lose that power when he lost his long tail, he would probably just become Cell with a massive power level boost rather than someone with all those powers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, at least 1st Form Cell could absorb people through his tail syringe, but, as far as we know, he only gained a permanent power level boost from them (though to what degree of power he got boosted for every unit of power he absorbed, or how it would interact with stuff like God Ki or magical power, we don't know). So assuming that Perfect Cell didn't lose that power when he lost his long tail, he would probably just become Cell with a massive power level boost rather than someone with all those powers.
    That's exactly what happened(temporarily) in GT, actually:

Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Cell could absorb people. He went from being much weaker than Piccolo to much stronger than him just from absorbing ordinary humans. Absorbing the androids gave him an even bigger boost than just their power levels because of the way he was designed, but he'd get the full power of anyone he absorbed, again, like Piccolo.

He also learned instant transmission from either watching Goku using it or from Goku touching him while using it, so he can definitely pick up techniques without extensive training. Whether that would apply to absorbing people or to something like destruction energy I couldn't say.

I'd say Cell would need to be very clever about how he goes about it since these guys are so much stringer than him, but if he say absorbs one of them in their sleep he should gain that person's full power.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Cell could absorb people. He went from being much weaker than Piccolo to much stronger than him just from absorbing ordinary humans. Absorbing the androids gave him an even bigger boost than just their power levels because of the way he was designed, but he'd get the full power of anyone he absorbed, again, like Piccolo.

He also learned instant transmission from either watching Goku using it or from Goku touching him while using it, so he can definitely pick up techniques without extensive training. Whether that would apply to absorbing people or to something like destruction energy I couldn't say.

I'd say Cell would need to be very clever about how he goes about it since these guys are so much stringer than him, but if he say absorbs one of them in their sleep he should gain that person's full power.
    He didn't absorb them like he absorbed the Androids. He drained their energy, aka "drank" them.

The problem here is, he's dealing with people who will obliterate him by flexing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

In all fairness, this scenario is handwaving that he had already absorbed these guys and seeing what would happen from there. As for learning teleportation after experiencing it himself, he *did* have Goku's and Tenshinhan's DNA, so he is preternaturally talented at picking up moves in addition to having their initial fighting styles and ki-moves pre-progammed into himself.

That said, just being as powerful as Whis alone (assuming that he's even capable of sensing and using God Ki) should make him pretty much invincible to anything shy of the other Angels, and if you toss in Beerus, Jiren, and Moro on top of that.... well, we can't really say if that changes anything notably, since all three of those guys are still scrubs to Whis, much less the two people we are pretty sure are definitely stronger than him.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Buu
    Beerus
    Whis
    Goku Black
    Jiren
    Maro?
    Probably less of one than if Cell did a training montage or two. Imagine a Ultra Instinct Platinum Cell.
    This signature intentionally left blank.