Default Sailor Moon Eternal

https://screenrant.com/pretty-guardi...movie-trailer/

This looks great is it a remake of the DMC Arc?
    Last edited by choptop; 05-11-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Any word on the last arc?

This came out last week in NA. No thoughts?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This came out last week in NA. No thoughts?
    Pluto's fishnet and shorts getup, good Lord.

That was my first thought.

A mostly fine adaptation although by its nature it is rushing things and pacing suffers as a result. It does consistently look good though.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Pluto's fishnet and shorts getup, good Lord.

That was my first thought.

A mostly fine adaptation although by its nature it is rushing things and pacing suffers as a result. It does consistently look good though.
    Which has been the reboot's main problem since its beginning. While the OG 90s' anime is often criticized for the sheer amount of filler and being overly silly at times, it did develop the characters quite a bit and built their world.

I do enjoy the reboot but I must admit it is very action-heavy at times (more often than not, in fact).
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-07-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I finished it today. I hated that there was no opening credit! Even the original movies had them.

This thing was rushed as hell and IA that the pacing was off. I think thats the main issue with Part 1. Instead of pacing it like a movie with a beginning, middle and end, its structured like several episodes crammed together. It cuts out the fat and filler material but that doesnt work for the format. I get that they wanted to follow the manga but being that this was a movie, I wish they had made adjustments. Explain the scouts lose their powers and have them get new ones in the same "arc" instead of 5 different mini ones. It almost felt repetitive despite it breezing by so fast. I will say though that an improvement was that we got more of the Sailor Scouts and less of Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon. It felt more balanced bc we didnt get a bunch of filler material focused on the Moons

Part 2 is better bc it plays off like the finale to a season, where the episodes are largely a set of to be continued segments. The action was great and the animation was improved from what we saw in Crystal. I think the story telling was better to.

Love that Pegasus wasnt annoying here and his role was downplayed compared to the original anime. Ditto on the Trio whom were more like monsters of the week. I prefer the Quartet anyway.

Overall enjoyable if you can get past Part 1. Id give that a 6.5 and 8.5 for Part 2. Overall, I'll be generous and say this is a 8. Its worth watching