Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Michael Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Peter Jackson's documentary "Get Back", taken from hundreds of hours of unseen footage when they were recording Let It Be, will be out later this year.
    Word of mouth is it is damn good.
    I really want to see it, and think it will be good, but it very much feels like revisionist history.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Spectacular Member

Bowie in the 70s--particularly during his Low period
    Sex Pistols (not just Sid and Nancy)
    Prince
    Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
    The Who
    I was going to say Bob Marley, but it looks like Ziggy is working on one now

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Personally I don't like most music biopics because they all follow the same route and formula (no-one believes in me, someone believes in me and gives me a chance, I become a huge star, affairs and drugs and alcohol nearly destroy me, now I'm back on top look at my latest smash hit concert *YAWN*), but i would be up for a clever biopic... do one that is about the character not "dates in history", so picking a KEY time in their lives and just doing it about that (think more "the Queen" than "Chaplin"). You can convey the essence of someone in a one day segment, you don't need to do cliche journeys and dates. So for me:
    - Whitney Houston the week of her death
    - Barbara Streisand when she was just a small time actress in New York, auditioning for "Funny Girl" the new musical on Broadway
    - a biopic on Prince during his collaboration with Tim Burton for the Batman soundtrack. Sounds a cool way to do a biopic.
    - Dolly Parton during the Corona virus
    A proposed Beastie Boys biopic has it centered around Mike D and Adrock gathering for Yauch's funeral with them reminiscing about the "Good ol' days" with different actors playing each story segment. And since they have a propensity to exaggerate to the media, of course there is going to be cameos with Bigfoot, Nathanial Hornblower, and a segment which they host a country music TV show.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Janis Joplin

Prince

Jimi Hendrix

Vanilla Ice

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Vanilla Ice
    Already been done.

Odd as it may sound, I'd be pretty interested in the story of the Brothers Gibb -- that is, while the Bee Gees were a hit, their baby brother Andy Gibb wasn't a member of the group and was on par to surpass them had it not been for personal problems; even the help of his older brothers couldn't reverse his decline. They collaborated together a few times, but the family dynamics and the 3 vs. 1 rivalry must have been pretty fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I really want to see it, and think it will be good, but it very much feels like revisionist history.
    Its actual film of the Beatles. How is that revisionist? It's just more history.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-07-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

I am more of a fan of a good documentary than biopics on topics like this. I would rather watch The kids are alright documentary on The Who than some actors trying to play out their lives. But it does work sometimes with certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Its actual film of the eagles. How is that revisionist? It's just more history.
    The Beatles have repeatedly kept Let It Be from being re-released because they didn't like how it showed the final breaking of the band. They agreed to this film because they wanted to show the better moments of their final days.

That's revisionist history.

That's not to say there weren't good moments at the end, but to actively keep the bad from being seen and only showing the good is revisionist history.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not necessarily a biopic, but I'd love to see a mini-series centered on Bob Geldof trying to assemble the Live Aid concert and dealing with all the musical personalities and their egos and the scheduling of it all.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Not necessarily a biopic, but I'd love to see a mini-series centered on Bob Geldof trying to assemble the Live Aid concert and dealing with all the musical personalities and their egos and the scheduling of it all.
    Could do the same treatment for Woodstock, too. We already have the concert film of course, but the BTS* story would be interesting too.

*Behind the scenes, not BTS the Korean boy band. Too soon for them.

Badfinger.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

And Heino

R-636113-1141543425.jpeg.jpg
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Badfinger.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

And Heino

R-636113-1141543425.jpeg.jpg
    Just the children...

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The Beatles have repeatedly kept Let It Be from being re-released because they didn't like how it showed the final breaking of the band. They agreed to this film because they wanted to show the better moments of their final days.

That's revisionist history.

That's not to say there weren't good moments at the end, but to actively keep the bad from being seen and only showing the good is revisionist history.
    Perhaps they will show both.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!