Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just the children...
    A 40-something part epic maxi-series
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

Fleetwood Mac is the only one that comes to mind that I might pay to see.

Hmmm.... come to think of it, Pink Floyd might have promise.

Oh let's just go crazy. The Who. Andrew Lloyd Webber
    Last edited by green_garnish; 06-07-2021 at 05:18 PM.

If what any member of the Magic Band has said over the years is even remotely true?

"The Magic Band..." biopic. Forget the Captain.

As for that it could be interesting as far as the "Nuts..."/"Bolts..." aspect of what they did during the time that they did it?

GWAR

BANNED

The Captain and Tennille actually has some potential. They truly loved each other but had to divorce after decades in order to not bankrupt her due to treatments for a degenerative disease he had

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    The Captain and Tennille actually has some potential. They truly loved each other but had to divorce after decades in order to not bankrupt her due to treatments for a degenerative disease he had
    I mean, the title "Love Will Keep Us Together" is just RIGHT there for the taking...

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The Monkees, of course. Created as a real-time biopic, but with quite an interesting history off the screen, too.

Mighty Member

Larry Wild Man Fischer : a GOOD Rob Schneider film...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    THE KINKS.
    -- Obscure, underrated band, who are famous but certainly not as celebrated, and could use the promotion from a music biopic.
    -- Lots of drama, since the Kinks have lows, personal and professional failures, and comebacks and so on.
    -- You could have a totally new picture of the '60s scene since the Kinks were often outsiders documenting the less known parts of it at the time.
    -- Ray and Dave Davies are two charismatic and interesting characters, and telling the stories of these working class brothers coming together and falling apart would be pretty neat.
    First group that came to my mind too. Them and the Who, but the Kinks are a bit less chronicled. Kronikled, yes, but not chronicled.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    First group that came to my mind too. Them and the Who, but the Kinks are a bit less chronicled. Kronikled, yes, but not chronicled.

The kinks were a cool band. But they were never even close to being as good live as The Who. On the other hand like the other poster said they had a really interesting story. The whole brother thing, and being banned from the USA for some reason I can't remember right now. And Ray Davis definitely took his own track as a songwriter. Except for early on I don't think he ever aspired to be as commercial as the other big 3 ( Beatles, Stones, Who). I should say toward the end of their career in the late 70s early 80s they did become more commercial, Ray gave the people what they wanted
    Last edited by inisideguy; 06-07-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Prince already has the best musical biopic ever with Purple Rain. Nothing could top that.

I think Fleetwood Mac would be an interesting one to do, though.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The kinks were a cool band. But they were never even close to being as good live as The Who. On the other hand like the other poster said they had a really interesting story. The whole brother thing, and being banned from the USA for some reason I can't remember right now. And Ray Davis definitely took his own track as a songwriter. Except for early on I don't think he ever aspired to be as commercial as the other big 3 ( Beatles, Stones, Who). I should say toward the end of their career in the late 70s early 80s they did become more commercial, Ray gave the people what they wanted
    I mean, no one has ever been as good as the Who as a live act but I'm with you. Brilliant, sometimes underrated and very interesting band.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I mean, no one has ever been as good as the Who as a live act but I'm with you. Brilliant, sometimes underrated and very interesting band.
    The problem with a bio pic like that, is they were never that big in North America until late in their career. The people of Great Britain would love it for sure. They were never like Queen or Elton John, or The Who Etc Etc. Whats cool about The Kinks is how often you hear various songs from them pop up in tv shows and movies. Movie directors love to use their music.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

DMX - The man has lived a every troubled life pre and post fame. From his autobiography, his music and some of the interviews he did you know this man has been living hell since the day he was born. His story would make for a every interesting film or biopic series.

Mariah Carey - Particularly during the Glitter period where she overworked herself and got bullied by the media over the perceived failure of the Glitter album, the Glitter movie flopping. The mental breakdown she suffered from due to it all and her road to recovery and regaining control of her career. Maybe thrown in the silent war she had with J.Lo in there since I believe that happened during this period.

According to Deadline, Let It Be WILL be re-released as a fully restored version at a "later date."

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline.com
    Peter Jackson’s upcoming Beatles documentary, which includes a slew of unseen footage of the “Let It Be” rockers, is coming to theaters in September.

Disney executive chairman Bob Iger revealed Wednesday that The Beatles: Get Back will launch in the U.S. and Canada on September 4 The announcement was made during Disney’s annual general meeting of shareholders.

The Beatles: Get Back includes footage from studio sessions that have never been seen or heard before as well as their final live performance on a rooftop in London. Iger said the restored footage was “spectacular” and “it looks like it was shot yesterday.”

It will include 55 hours of in-studio footage that was shot in early 1969 for the 1970 feature film Let It Be. It is produced by Apple Corps Ltd and Jackson’s production company WingNut Films. The Beatles: Get Back is directed by Jackson and produced by Jackson, Clare Olssen and Jonathan Clyde, with Ken Kamins and Apple Corps’ Jeff Jones serving as executive producers.

The footage has been restored by Park Road Post Production of Wellington, New Zealand, and is being edited by Jabez Olssen, who collaborated with Jackson on 2018’s They Shall Not Grow Old.

“No band has had the kind of impact on the world that The Beatles have had, and The Beatles: Get Back is a front-row seat to the inner workings of these genius creators at a seminal moment in music history, with spectacularly restored footage that looks like it was shot yesterday,” said Iger. “I’m a huge fan myself, so I could not be happier that Disney is able to share Peter Jackson’s stunning documentary with global audiences in September.”

Jackson said; “Working on this project has been a joyous discovery. I’ve been privileged to be a fly on the wall while the greatest band of all time works, plays and creates masterpieces. I’m thrilled that Disney have stepped up as our distributor. There’s no one better to have our movie seen by the greatest number of people.”

Paul McCartney said: “I am really happy that Peter has delved into our archives to make a film that shows the truth about The Beatles recording together. The friendship and love between us comes over and reminds me of what a crazily beautiful time we had.”

Ringo Starr added: “I’m really looking forward to this film. Peter is great and it was so cool looking at all this footage. There was hours and hours of us just laughing and playing music, not at all like the version that came out. There was a lot of joy and I think Peter will show that. I think this version will be a lot more peace and loving, like we really were.”

The Beatles: Get Back is also being made with the enthusiastic support of Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison. A fully restored version of the original Let It Be film will be made available at a later date.
    If both these projects come out on 4K disc with additional Blu-Ray and Digital Codes, they'll be must-haves for the Christmas shopping season.