Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xmen Monday #108

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/07/x-...e-gala-week-1/

AIPT: [Laughs] Well, final question — and you probably can’t say much about this either — but this is the first time we’ve talked since Jonathan Hickman’s Inferno was announced. Were the seeds of Inferno in place in Jonathan’s original plans or is this an idea that naturally came about over time?

Jordan: Both, always when it comes to Jonathan stuff. I’ve already seen lots of people pointing out the many references he’s made to Inferno since almost the very, very, very beginning. So I think it was just a matter of time before he did do a thing called Inferno, and most of the elements of this are things that he seeded then, or has been slowly seeding since then. That said, as with his plans at every step of the way, he has given over so much to what everyone else is doing, or rather been so open to what everyone else is doing so that it has changed in major ways as a result.
    So I think he’ll say more about it at some point. I mean, obviously, he doesn’t want to give away too much of the process before it happens, but I think he’ll explain a bit more about his thinking on it and how and why things have changed. But yeah, I think this is going to be a really awesome story.

And I think by the time this is out — spoiler for everyone, we’re actually talking on Friday — I think later today, a little bit more Inferno stuff will be sent out. So by the time this goes live, people will have already seen this amazingly beautiful image promoting it. There’s a lot of cool stuff in there to check out and try to suss out.

And listen, I’m just going to tell people, I’m just going to tell you… this isn’t a Maddie book.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 06-07-2021 at 06:17 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Layla Miller! Maybe in X-Corp 3 since that's Madrox-centric?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My only take-away is just how interconnected and planned out the Gala month is. And I appreciate!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Nice to know Layla will be appearing. I wonder how she fits into Krakoa, considering soulless resurrection isn't the most useful power and that she apparently is beyond her precognitive knowledge. At least, I think she is? Layla's not always a reliable narrator and you just need one writer to say that events are starting to line up with what stuff she knows again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Layla Miller! Maybe in X-Corp 3 since that's Madrox-centric?
    Excited for Layla! Fan of her. Really surprised. I thought she would be shelved so Destiny would be used only as the only precog.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Excited for Layla! Fan of her. Really surprised. I thought she would be shelved so Destiny would be used only as the only precog.
    Layla isn't a precog.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Nice to know Layla will be appearing. I wonder how she fits into Krakoa, considering soulless resurrection isn't the most useful power and that she apparently is beyond her precognitive knowledge. At least, I think she is? Layla's not always a reliable narrator and you just need one writer to say that events are starting to line up with what stuff she knows again.
    In some ways her power might be pretty useful — she’s essentially the ultimate failsafe for the Krakoan resurrection system if somebody essential like Egg dies.

Whole lotta nothing in today’s X-Men Monday.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    My thought's exactly!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    My thought's exactly!!
    These interviews in general hardly have anything interesting to tell, if it's about upcomming stories, projects, etc. as the writers can't spoil anything major, just tease things which are usualy allready teased.

The best part seem to be just the little art snippets which often come with them.

Si Spurrier has kind of made an art out of making these "nothing really said" interviews entertaining to read though.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I do not appreciate the way these men discuss Madelyne, as if she were merely a slab of meat. The Phoenix gave her life.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Jordan K. White should ask himself why Madelyne, Stryfe, and Scout feel more alive on the page than Jean Grey, Cable, and X-23.

I really don't love To's art. Everybody looks the same. Rictor, Gambit and Pete look so similar. And often he draws his characters without lips with childish features. Not for me.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    what about confirmation of the lead x-men editor's support for cia crimes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The interesting thing about these interviews, to me, is that while people often think they're worthless if nothing is explicitly stated, I think you can actually learn a lot by reading between the lines of what's said.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)