Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Got to admit a real soft spot for 91-92. It's not the best, but it was the first I read, and I loved the scenes between The Robins

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Got to admit a real soft spot for 91-92. It's not the best, but it was the first I read, and I loved the scenes between The Robins

When I finally got the back issues for this many years later, I wasn't all that impressed by the story that caused the team-up for that year. But I also enjoyed the part where the Robins worked together and were the ones that helped save the day.
    (Also never understood why Earth-2 Robin was labeled as a "Special Guest-Star" on the cover since I thought he was a full-fledged member of the JSA by then.)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

When I finally got the back issues for this many years later, I wasn't all that impressed by the story that caused the team-up for that year. But I also enjoyed the part where the Robins worked together and were the ones that helped save the day.
    (Also never understood why Earth-2 Robin was labeled as a "Special Guest-Star" on the cover since I thought he was a full-fledged member of the JSA by then.)
    Something kind of meta- to it, since they were both getting the "well, you'll do since Batman isn't here" stuff from the others.

I love most of them although I remember one of the last ones in the early 80’s being awful. I literally remember nothing about it other than I was disappointed.

Crisis on Earth S , 1976 for me. It’s got Earth 1, Earth 2, & the Shazam earth characters. Finally issue builds up to a battle between Superman & Captain Marvel. Kind of a dud but loved it all the same. It also had a rare appearance by the Earth 2 Batman.

Besides, it was my first Crisis.

The Darkseid story from 80’s was really good too.

I wonder how different things would have been if the Earth-1 Robin DID start wearing the long pants of the Neal Adams designed Robin back then. I'm sure the Earth-2 Robin could also have used a slighty more golden age style of it in his own appearences.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    I love most of them although I remember one of the last ones in the early 80’s being awful. I literally remember nothing about it other than I was disappointed.
    The last one was the first Justice League Detroit team-up, crossing over with Infinity Inc. It was really disappointing because the League, easily defeated by Infinity Inc (a little way too easily for me) basically ran to the JSA to get them to solve their problem. It was also a disppointment because then regular artist Chuck Patton had just departed the book, and new incomming artist Luke MdDonnel still hadn't arrived, so we got stuck with Joe Stanton who seemed to do a bit of a rush job.
    The one that came before it, while written by Kurt Busiek, IMHO, really wasn't anything to write home about. Basically it served just to justify why Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl and the Flash weren't around to defend Earth against the Martian Invasion. The art by Alan Kupperberg wasn't all that great either.

Peace

JLA 183, 184 and 185
    s-l1600.jpg

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I wonder how different things would have been if the Earth-1 Robin DID start wearing the long pants of the Neal Adams designed Robin back then. I'm sure the Earth-2 Robin could also have used a slighty more golden age style of it in his own appearences.

Peace
    I never saw a grown-up Robin concept better than Ross' Kingdom Come:
    Alex-Ross-Red-Robin-300x593.jpg
    Too bad Adams didn't come up with something like that for Robin to bring back to E1.

Virtue And Vice.

For me it's got to be the 7SV return...

But this cover will always have a warm spot in my heart...

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    JLA 183, 184 and 185
    s-l1600.jpg
    That would be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The one that came before it, while written by Kurt Busiek, IMHO, really wasn't anything to write home about. Basically it served just to justify why Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl and the Flash weren't around to defend Earth against the Martian Invasion. The art by Alan Kupperberg wasn't all that great either.

Peace
    Yikes! I’d bailed out on the book by the time Detroit team was put together. I thought the last crossover was the Alan Kupperberg one. I remember getting the issue below and thinking it was a total dud.

E4266A68-983B-47C9-B8FA-F25CF1E46FFC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    JLA 183, 184 and 185
    s-l1600.jpg
    Mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Yikes! I’d bailed out on the book by the time Detroit team was put together. I thought the last crossover was the Alan Kupperberg one. I remember getting the issue below and thinking it was a total dud.

Well,that was the last of the more traditional JLA/JSA team-ups prior to CoIE.

The following year's "meeting"

was definitely not in the typical style of annual JLA/JSA meetings because it was in the middle of the whole CoIE thing. It didn't have the same feeling as previous meetings between the two groups.

Bumping this thread up because I thought it might make for an interesting poll.
    Events get a lot of heat, but sometimes we forget that from 1963-1986 DC gave us an annual event that a lot of us looked forward to. The annual Justice League of America stories featuring a teamup with Earth-2's Justice Society of America.

If you had to pick one, which of those stories was your favorite?
    So far, looks like those JLA/JSA annual meetings mentioned are:
    #91-92 (1971) <Robin of Earth-2 with Robin from Earth-1>
    #100-102 (1972) <Seven Soldiers of Victory>
    #113 (1974) "The Creature in the Velvet Cage" <return of Sandman's former sidekick Sandy>
    #135-137 (1976) <Earth-S>
    #147-148 (1977) "Crisis in the 30th Century!" <with Legion of Super-Heroes>
    #171-172 (1979) <Death of Mr. Terrific>
    #183-185 (1980) <New Gods / Darkseid>
    #207-209 + All-Star Squadron #14-15 (1982) "Crisis on Earth-Prime!"
    Any other contenders that should be mentioned?