Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default Your Favorite Single Justice League/Justice Society of America Teamup Story

Events get a lot of heat, but sometimes we forget that from 1963-1986 DC gave us an annual event that a lot of us looked forward to. The annual Justice League of America stories featuring a teamup with Earth-2's Justice Society of America.

If you had to pick one, which of those stories was your favorite?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

What a tough choice! I'm guessing there isn't an option for "All of the Above"?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Got to be The Death of Mr. Terrific teamup for me. Very cool locked door murder mystery. And excellent characterizations (Batman agonizing over The Huntress's injury, Alan Scott irked that Superman was "giving all the orders", etc)

Really hard to pinpoint to just one. On the classic team-ups, I guess I'll go with the JLA/JSA/All-Star Squadron team-up (Crisis on Earth Prime, I think it was),only by a really slight margin, but those two extra issues of All-Star Squadron make a world of difference, and it doesn't hurt that the Crime Syndicate were the villains. There are so many incredible team-ups back then. However, the modern take in the Virtue and Vice story by Geoff Jones and Carlos Pachecois also great.

Peace

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    Got to be The Death of Mr. Terrific teamup for me. Very cool locked door murder mystery. And excellent characterizations (Batman agonizing over The Huntress's injury, Alan Scott irked that Superman was "giving all the orders", etc)
    That was a good one. One of the few written while the JSA had an ongoing feature of its own. I don't think DC made enough hay out of the revival of All-Star Comics in the mid-1970s to tell bigger JL/SA stories, the way they did with All-Star Squadron.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Really hard to pinpoint to just one. On the classic team-ups, I guess I'll go with the JLA/JSA/All-Star Squadron team-up (Crisis on Earth Prime, I think it was),only by a really slight margin, but those two extra issues of All-Star Squadron make a world of difference, and it doesn't hurt that the Crime Syndicate were the villains. There are so many incredible team-ups back then. However, the modern take in the Virtue and Vice story by Geoff Jones and Carlos Pachecois also great.

Peace
    That's a great one. Possibly the best Time Travel Story DC ever put to page.

Legion of Super-Heoes in the Original Justice League comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What a tough choice! I'm guessing there isn't an option for "All of the Above"?
    Yeah, I can't narrow it down, either, but the Len Wein-written ones when I first started following DC regularly are among my favorites:
    * Justice League of America #100-102: featured the return of the Seven Soldiers of Victory (and the apparent death of the Red Tornado)
    * Justice League of America #107-108: "Crisis on Earth-X", which featured the introduction of the Quality Comics characters into the main DC Universe
    * Justice League of America #113: "The Creature in the Velvet Cage", which revealed what ever happened to Wes Dodds' former sidekick Sandy

Same. I’ve been obsessed with the original Mr. Terrific ever since.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just read that one the other day actually. Very enjoyable.

Hopefully this counts, but my favorite will always be the George Perez version!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Legion of Super-Heoes in the Original Justice League comic.
    So, you mean this one?

Astonishing Member

That would be the first one I read -- Justice League of America #100 and continues through 101 and 102. If I had to pick any of those issues -- it would be #100. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That would be the first one I read -- Justice League of America #100 and continues through 101 and 102. If I had to pick any of those issues -- it would be #100. Good times.
    As a kid I collected the whole run. Strangely, #100 was the hardest to find and the one that finally completed my collection. A month or two later my house burned down and they were all lost, but for a very short time I had them all.

I have found memories of the Creature in the Velvet Cage. Wesley Dodds was spotlighted and I have always liked him ever since. There are to many to really pick just one.