Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, I can't narrow it down, either, but the Len Wein-written ones when I first started following DC regularly are among my favorites:
    * Justice League of America #100-102: featured the return of the Seven Soldiers of Victory (and the apparent death of the Red Tornado)
    * Justice League of America #107-108: "Crisis on Earth-X", which featured the introduction of the Quality Comics characters into the main DC Universe
    * Justice League of America #113: "The Creature in the Velvet Cage", which revealed what ever happened to Wes Dodds' former sidekick Sandy
    I agree with the first two (Earth X gets the top slot)! The third was great, too, but not the level of the other two.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Bumping this thread up because I thought it might make for an interesting poll. So far, looks like those JLA/JSA annual meetings mentioned are:
    #91-92 (1971) <Robin of Earth-2 with Robin from Earth-1>
    #100-102 (1972) <Seven Soldiers of Victory>
    #113 (1974) "The Creature in the Velvet Cage" <return of Sandman's former sidekick Sandy>
    #135-137 (1976) <Earth-S>
    #147-148 (1977) "Crisis in the 30th Century!" <with Legion of Super-Heroes>
    #171-172 (1979) <Death of Mr. Terrific>
    #183-185 (1980) <New Gods / Darkseid>
    #207-209 + All-Star Squadron #14-15 (1982) "Crisis on Earth-Prime!"
    Any other contenders that should be mentioned?
    I liked the one with Aquarius, the one where Larry Lance died (that's not the reason I liked it)!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Events get a lot of heat, but sometimes we forget that from 1963-1986 DC gave us an annual event that a lot of us looked forward to. The annual Justice League of America stories featuring a teamup with Earth-2's Justice Society of America.
    Memorial Day Weekend here in the U.S. means the unofficial start of summer to many.

I miss when summer also meant the annual Justice League of America of Earth-1 meeting with the Justice Society of America of Earth-2.

Fantastic Member

JLA 113. "Creature in the Velvet Cage." That was a story that had some character development and pathos. Most stories didn't have many changes or ramifications for the characters. I miss those days. Tragedy happened, but it wasn't constantly undone like it is today.

--jthree

Bumping this thread up because I thought it might make for an interesting poll. So far, looks like those JLA/JSA annual meetings mentioned are:
    #91-92 (1971) <Robin of Earth-2 with Robin from Earth-1>
    #100-102 (1972) <Seven Soldiers of Victory>
    #113 (1974) "The Creature in the Velvet Cage" <return of Sandman's former sidekick Sandy>
    #135-137 (1976) <Earth-S>
    #147-148 (1977) "Crisis in the 30th Century!" <with Legion of Super-Heroes>
    #171-172 (1979) <Death of Mr. Terrific>
    #183-185 (1980) <New Gods / Darkseid>
    #207-209 + All-Star Squadron #14-15 (1982) "Crisis on Earth-Prime!"
    Any other contenders that should be mentioned?
    And adding to that list we've had nominations for
    #29-30 (1964) "Crisis on Earth-Three" <Crime Syndicate of America>
    #73-74 (1969) <Aquarius / death of Larry Lance / Black Canary leaves Earth-2 and goes to Earth-1>

And we should also have #21-22 (1963) with "Crisis on Earth-One" and "Crisis on Earth-Two", the very first meeting of the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America back in the Silver Age.
    That one came out sixty years ago next month!

Extraordinary Member

And adding to that list we've had nominations for
    #29-30 (1964) "Crisis on Earth-Three" <Crime Syndicate of America>
    #73-74 (1969) <Aquarius / death of Larry Lance / Black Canary leaves Earth-2 and goes to Earth-1>

And we should also have #21-22 (1963) with "Crisis on Earth-One" and "Crisis on Earth-Two", the very first meeting of the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America back in the Silver Age.
    That one came out sixty years ago next month!

Man, that art on the covers is amazing. Absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Man, that art on the covers is amazing. Absolutely love it.
    I was about to say the same thing, especially the second cover with Hal and Alan together. Going through this thread has reminded of how amazing comic book covers used to be before they became dominated by generic pinups.

Another meeting to consider:
    1968's Justice League of America #64-65 with "The Stormy Return of the Red Tornado!"

Man, I wish we had a new Justice League of America / Justice Society of America summer team-up this year.

Extraordinary Member

1968's Justice League of America #64-65 with "The Stormy Return of the Red Tornado!"

These were also the first JLofA issues drawn by the late great Dick Dillin.

I like Crisis on Earth-Prime! Book One: Crisis Times Three! from Issue 206 onward. The encounter against Crime Syndicate, meeting with All Star Squadron and final team up with the JSA is cool

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I like Crisis on Earth-Prime! Book One: Crisis Times Three! from Issue 206 onward. The encounter against Crime Syndicate, meeting with All Star Squadron and final team up with the JSA is cool

During this time, you could almost guarantee that Power Girl and Firestorm were going to be a part of the story. Conway was really pushing them as a flirtation - if not a couple.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Justice League of America Vol 1 183-185

The JLA/JSA “Apokolips Now” arc. Excluding Superman; this was first contact for the cast of both teams with Darkseid and the New Gods.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The covers were insanely good.
    "Cable was right!"

Another worth mentioning is 1978's Justice League of America #159-160, where the annual JLA / JSA gathering also included: