part 4
    part 5
    part 6
    part 7
    part 8
    part 9
    part 10
    part 11

Hello guys, here's another review this week, and for a change it's done by me again.

This week's review will be about one of my faves from the 80s, a story that skyrocketed one of my favorite characters from just another villain, to one of the most feared villains in the DC universe. And not only that! One of the most oldest Dc character goes through a dramatic identity, one of the fastest men alive decides he can't take the pressure of being a superhero, a new mysterious character with huge potential makes his first appearance and a member of a happy superhero family makes the ultimate betrayal. I'm talking of course about the legendary New Teen Titans story, the Judas contract, by Teen Titans legends Marv Wolfman and George Perez!

In the 80s, Marv Wolfman and George Perez restarted a long lost comic, and they took the industry by storm. The New Teen titans focused on teenage heroes balancing their superhero lives with everything that came with it. The series was a huge succces, and the height of this succes was the Judas contract storyline. To tell you everything about the arc, we need to back a few issues, where a new character called Terra was introduced. Terra, a obnoxious 16 year old girl with powers over earth, joined the Titans but it was later revealed that she worked for the Titans biggest adversary, Deathstroke the Terminator. In the Judas contract, after Kid Flash finally decides that he can't juggle his private and superhero life anymore and quits the Titans, Terra reveals the personal secrets of the Titans, leaving them vulnerable to Deathstroke. We also meet Deathstroke's ex-wife for the first time here, and along with her a mysterious character named Joseph, also known as Jericho. This story is also famous for introducing Nightwing for the first time, as Dick Grayson gives up his Robin identity.

Not only is this a very significant story history-wise, it also holds up damn well for a 80s story. The plot is incredibly well thought out, the action scenes are great and I think Jericho is such a great character (at least here). If you are interested in the Titans in their prime (not the mess we had the last couple of years) definitely check out the Judas contract and its partner trade Terra Incognito (which really makes the betrayal all that more emotional). I'd even say if you're (like I was) not a fan of anything before the 90s/00s, this is a good comic to persuade you otherwise.

Fun fact: This arc was #12 on the top 100 comic storylines from Comics should be good and the highest ranking non-miniseries Dc arc after Sandman: Seasons of Mist (and only surpassed by Daredevil Born again and The Dark Phoenix saga apart from Dc).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Nice review. I've been wanting to get into these Teen Titans, so your review encourages me even more to read this run.

Now, if only DC reprinted it...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Nice review. I've been wanting to get into these Teen Titans, so your review encourages me even more to read this run.

Now, if only DC reprinted it...
    It is being reprinted actually. The first volume comes out in september http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/140125...ref=mp_s_a_1_1
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

In September?! Man, there's like thousand collected editions releasing that month. My wallet is crying...