Default Rumblers League Round 2: Cleric of Hell's Brigade Vs The MunchKING

Here we go!

Voting and debate rules:

- To avoid mass unreadable debate, each participant is allowed 8 posts to make their argument in their matches.
    - Each match is open for discussion for 72 hours.
    - Once all match discussions are over, vote threads will be posted on Thursday with polls (we have special dispensation from the board to allow polls). These will last for two days.

CLERIC
    Superman (10) w/ Ant-Man’s Suit (7)
    Five (4) w/ Angel Blade (4), One Ring (6), Medusa’s Head (9), & Magneto’s Helmet (5)
    Jesse Quick (9) w/ Black Panther Suit (4) & Cloak of Levitation (4)
    Piper Halliwell (6) w/ Meteorite Radiation (10) & Curse of Hom Dai (9)
    Wonder Woman (9) w/ Crystal Sword
    Martian Manhunter (9) and Cris Johnson (3) w/ Alien Orchid Transporter Fusion (9)
    Vs
    MUNCH
    Sun Wukong (10)
    Darth Vader (5) w/ Xilien Mothership w/ Monsters (10)
    Rita Repulsa (7) w/ Sentinel (7), Box of Gavrok (7)
    Tommy Oliver (4), Radioactive Spider Bite (6)
    Basilisk (9) w/ Enlarged by Rita Repulsa's Wand (8)
    Magneto (8) w/ Star Blade (9), Real World Gun of Choice (1)
    T-800 (2) w/ Plastic Gun w/ Mutant Cure Darts (3), Pistol with Adamantium Bullets (4), Darkest Timeline Paintball Gun (5)
    Godzilla (9) w/ House Party Protocol Iron Man Armours (9), J.A.R.V.I.S. (2)

Default This is Cleric of Hell's Brigade's strategy

Five miles between teams? Good thing I have a native on my team and Munch has lots of giant monsters.

Jesse Quick/Diana Jesse grabs Diana and instantly runs to the Amazons, dropping her off. Diana, despite not being allowed here, is still very well regarded and will tell her mother and sisters about all the GIANT MONSTERS and WITCHES Munch has brought to their sacred island. Diana will rally all the islands fighters to converge down on Munch’s team. Note please that the island had thousands of them and their arrows were good enough to threaten Steppenwolf.

Jesse, the instant Diana is dropped off, zooms to the other side of Munch’s team (circling around, she’ll know how thanks to Diana) and will start unleashing a continuous rain of AOE’s by rapidly tapping her chest (strong enough to floor Cull Obsidian with one) and zipping around them. This should knock out the likes of Tommy, Rita, the Terminator, and any mooks Munch has summoned.

Eventually, Diana and her horde of Amazons will sweep in and attack whomever is left, Diana using the sword to power/soul suck whomever is needed (main target any big guns).

Manhunter Cris takes the Medusa Head from Five (he knows where his team is) and goes intangible into the island. He will than (using his telepathy and pre-cog) emerge from somewhere behind the opposing team and use all his abilities to flash the Medusa head at the following: Magneto, Basilisk (eyes averted), Godzilla, any Monkey King and his clones, Rita, Terminator, Tommy, Darth, and on down the line with the rest. There is an incredibly important point here because not a single person here can hurt MC. He can stay intangible, he knows where all their attacks will be coming from AND where they are going to be, and he’s psychic..

If he needs he can also mind drag away at a distance to keep Munch’s team down.

Piper flies up and over, seeking to engage Magneto. It’s not hard to find where he is (again, Giant Monsters and a starship stand out) and will rain down on him in a massive sandstorm, striking him with impunity as she freezes time on him. Between all her magic might, all her physical might, and the fact he cannot harm her at all, Piper’s just going to be wailing on him (and her other target is Monkey King once Eric is done, another being that cannot harm her thanks to her speed and magic).

Clark flies straight into and through the starship (growing fifty feet just before he strikes) where the cockpit is (located via X-Raying and super senses). The ship is destroyed and Vader rendered unconscious by a slight squeeze as Clark grabbed him on his way through). Giant Man was strong enough to punch out a Space Whale at that size. Imagine how much stronger Clark is now. And Clark has terrifying super speed. Any monsters that survive will also be taken out in the same manner.

Obviously any debris will be redirected towards Godzilla or other monsters, or pushed away to cause no damage to the island (presuming it starts to fall).

That leaves Clark to deposit an unconscious Vader elsewhere and go and help clean up Munch’s team with heat vision from a distance. Giant Heat Vision if needed.

Five undetectable, he teleports to the other team and shanks Rita. He proceeds to do so to the rest of the team as best he can. He’s basically support here, but no one on Munch’s team can see him, so......stab stab! At worst, if he absolutely must, he can attempt to ring out himself and another via Time Dump to the future too.

Anyways, my team will obviously avoid looking the Basilisk directly in the eye when they encounter it. Otherwise, they’ll fight to the best of their abilities, experience, and items allow them to and will support one another as best they can.

Default This is The MunchKING's strategy

Team Hell’s Brigade:

Superman (DCEU) 10
    -Ant-Man Suit (MCU) 7

Number Five (Umbrella Academy) 4
    -Angel Blade (Supernatural) 4
    -One Ring (LOTR) 6
    -Medusa’s Head w/Bag (Clash of the Titans Remake) 9
    -Magneto's Psychic Resistant Helmet (X-Men Movies: Old) 5

Jesse Quick (Flash TV Show) 9
    -Black Panther Armor (MCU) 4
    -Cloak of Levitation (MCU) 4

Piper Halliwell (Charmed) 6
    -Exposure to Crashed Meteor Radiation (My Super Ex Girlfriend) 10
    -Curse of Hom Dai (Full Regeneration) (The Mummy) 9

Wonder Woman (DCEU) 9
    -Crystal Sword (Charmed) 8

Martian Manhunter (Supergirl TV Show) 9 + Cris Johnson (Next) 3
    -Alien Orchid Transporter Fusion (Star Trek) 9

VS

Kaiju for Life-u

Time for Monkeying Around
    Sun Wukong (The Monkey King Trilogy) 10

Have You seen my New TIE?:
    Darth Vader (Star Wars) 5
    -- Xilien Mothership w/ Monsters (Godzilla: Final Wars) 10

Rita Their Rights!:
    Rita Repulsa (MMPR) 7
    --Sentinel(X-Men: DoFP) 7
    -- Box of Gavrok (Buffyverse) 7

It's So Evil Being Green
    Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers) 4
    -- Radioactive Spider Bite (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy) 6

All Serpents Great and Small
    Basilisk (Harry Potter) 9
    -- Enlarged by Rita Repulsa's Wand (Power Rangers) 8

Master of Mortars
    Magneto (X-Men Movies: Young) 8
    -- Star Blade(Smallville) 9
    -- Real World Gun of Choice (Real World) 1

Termination of ALL Life Forms
    T-800 (Terminator Movies) 2
    -- Plastic Gun w/ Mutant CureDarts (X-Men: The Last Stand) 3
    -- Pistol with Adamantium Bullets (X-Men Movies) 4
    -- Darkest Timeline Paintball Gun(Community) 5

Ain't No Party Like a Godzilla Party!
    Godzilla(2000) 9
    -- House Party Protocol Iron Man Armours[(MCU) 9
    — J.A.R.V.I.S. (MCU) 2

The Amazons are right to think they’re being invaded as Godzilla strolls out of the sea, a giant spaceship floats onto the scene, an evil witch teleports in and turns her box into a Giant Box-Man that starts barfing giant demon-spiders, and a flute-playing boy brings forth another giant Dragonzord. Unfortunately for them, Godzilla tends to have a very straight-line mentality when little things like “populated cities” are in his way. Fortunately for them (and also my team), the other team is filled with “heroes” that like to “Save innocent people”. Especially fellow Amazon Wonder Woman should be distracted by all the demon spiders and Basilisk related mayhem being dropped on the Amazonians.

An interesting thing about the One Ring was it only made you invisible on the standard plane. You became far MORE visible in the spiritual plane, as seen by every time Frodo used it in the movie, he stood out like a beacon to Sauron and the Ringwraiths. In further Good news for our team, the Force lets people sense spirits, as seen at the end of RoTJ when only the Jedi saw the three spirits watching them. Vader also has feats for sensing people over great distances and knowing where they are. Thus when he drops the monsters on the enemy team, he can use the ship to make one (we’ll say King Ceaser) step around the general area Five is in and it won’t even need to look down enough to see the Medusa Head. Also, the wiki Cleric linked said the Angel Blades needed to hit a vital organ to kill the angels and stuff. So even if Five tries to stab KC in the foot or something it won’t do much.

As I know from last league, there aren’t a whole lot of feats online for My Super Ex-Girlfriend. She’s got Flight, some super strength, low-end super speed, and Superman’s ability to keep animals alive when they shouldn’t be able to breathe. Pretty much all of my team has SOMETHING they can do about that. The Mummy Curse is more worrying, but I have WAYS of dealing with that. The most obvious is using the T-800 with the gun to send her into an alternate timeline. According to the Wiki she’s got her body back, so she is person enough to get warped. However, I am going to try to get T-800 through by overwhelming her ability to stop and/or blast people by sending the Box-Demon with all the spider Demons her way. Rita also has feats of having curses strong enough to lock down the DragonZord and trap the Power Rangers in a storybook. So she can Magic-duel Piper with whatever’s nearby to keep her on lockdown.

Another interesting thing is the Ant Man Suit’s belt is its controls and they are metal. If Magneto can activate the suit, and then force it to shrink Superman down all the way, it would send him into the Quantum Realm. Thanks to the wacky reverse Narnia logic there by the time Superman figures out what’s going on, the fight will be long over. Also he can then crush the Panther suit with Quick in it.
    Wonder Woman’s Crystal sword makes her immune to “the weapons of Mankind”. So in addition to all the non-weapon monster attacks running around, like Basilisk eyes or venom, or the Atomic Breath, Sun Wukong’s Size-changing staff is neither man-made (it was put there by the Gods) or a weapon (it was a magic piece of architecture meant to hold in the ocean or something). And he is probably strong enough and good enough at Martial Arts to defeat her.

The thing about the Martian Manhunter is he’s crazy powerful, BUT he fears and cannot prevent fire damage. And when Iron Man suits blew up they tended to be big fireballs. So the suits can fly over to deal with MM, and if he goes intangible, and exploding suit should force him back into his regular form and prevent any damage prevention powers from saving him. Also the Sentinels had flamethrowers for dealing with Iceman. So they too can adapt to deal with MM. As robots they don’t have brains for psychic powers to mess with. Another interesting feat is Cris’s. His powers were explicitly visions of the future, I.E. sight. If Jessie Quick turns visible near him, or he will be near the Basilisk at anytime he may receive a vision where he sees the deadly thing, and then thanks to magic, it kills him 2 minutes earlier.

Godzilla, The Basilisk and the DragonZord can smash their way to the enemy team and blast them with attacks… In addition to distracting all the Hero types with saving people, it also will work as a nice, big, obvious threat to bring the other team to me for my pieces to go off.

Of course after my guys do their thing, they can move on to fight the other people. In the event of something I didn’t force they can adapt. They are all reasonably intelligent and most are very experienced in fights. SO they can also do whatever I need to say they can do to counter their opponents’ moves, and will do so to the best of their abilities.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

To start off, you have an awesome team Munch. Love your flair.

A couple of things: The demon spiders and other monsters won’t be all over the Amazons instantly (the Dragonzord certainly won’t as it’s not exactly easily summoned or quick for that matter). We are five miles apart on a large island. Getting to them for me via Jesse should be real easy and they’ll be on my side right quick thanks to Diana.

Vader never gets the chance to drop anything. At about 1:50 https://youtu.be/FBbAybbpHYA we see Clark loves to go through ships (cockpit even) and seeing as how he’s fifty feet tall and grabbing Vader unconscious, well........

And even if he did. No monster is standing up to Giant-Man Clark.

The biggest issue here is Munch has no counter to Martian Cris stoning his team one by one with the Medusa’s head. Especially since I stated he’s go through the island intangible and pop up behind the team . Instead Munch has the Iron Legion go after him. That’s a real poor move here.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    To start off, you have an awesome team Munch. Love your flair.
    Well I KNEW that.

A couple of things: The demon spiders and other monsters won’t be all over the Amazons instantly (the Dragonzord certainly won’t as it’s not exactly easily summoned or quick for that matter).
    Oh it was REALLY easily summoned, it was just like ten notes. QUICKLY, well that depends on how much stock footage they play this week.

Also he can control it without getting in with his flute. I had forgotten that.

At about 1:50 https://youtu.be/FBbAybbpHYA we see Clark loves to go through ships (cockpit even) and seeing as how he’s fifty feet tall and grabbing Vader unconscious, well........
    That ship is a lot smaller than a kilometer diameter monster pen. He'd need a lot of luck to hit the cockpit and not a giant monster holding pen. Also That kind of shenaniganary is EXACTLY why I opened with a similarly kryptonian Magneto messing up your Superman's Ant Man suit and sending him to the microverse. The wiki says there was something like a 8,760 to 1 time dilation in affect there, so if Superman takes even one minute to figure out how to get out of there, 6 days will have gone by in Themescira.

The biggest issue here is Munch has no counter to Martian Cris stoning his team one by one with the Medusa’s head. Especially since I stated he’s go through the island intangible and pop up behind the team . Instead Munch has the Iron Legion go after him. That’s a real poor move here.
    Future sight turning you to stone for seeing your own Medusa head?

There was also the "fire and lots of it" part of the strat. Martian Manhunter was explicitly depowered by fire, according to the wiki. (And by that I mean he couldn't shapeshift or go intangible if he was hit with fire.)

Also the idea that most of my monsters are very tall, and don't need to look down at human-level to wreck everything, and thus won't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Five miles between teams? Good thing I have a native on my team and Munch has lots of giant monsters.
    Indeed. You could say I totally planned for that! *Evil grin*

will tell her mother and sisters about all the GIANT MONSTERS and WITCHES Munch has brought to their sacred island.
    She's Exaggerating. It's just ONE witch. The other four are that thing Amazonians fear even MORE than Giant Monsters... MEN!! *Shocked face*

This should knock out the likes of Tommy, Rita, the Terminator, and any mooks Munch has summoned.
    The Power Rangers had some feats of taking some pretty big AoEs, and barely being phased by it.

Manhunter Cris takes the Medusa Head from Five (he knows where his team is) and goes intangible into the island.
    Hmmm... Didn't KJS say "No handing off items"? I'll admit it was a clever play, I didn't see that coming. Fortunately for me, AFAICR, the Medusa head doesn't have any feats of working on not-living things. It killed people, it killed a giant Kraken, but it never killed anything like a robot. Which given that I sent all the robots to blast MM, means that I have the greatest chance of surviving that trick I was going to.

There is an incredibly important point here because not a single person here can hurt MC.
    Fire would make him drop intangibility. Also he's going to have to be relying on his Precog and or eyeballs to be finding Magneto, as Xavier can attest. The Helmet makes Magneto VERY hard to find with psychic powers.

Piper flies up and over, seeking to engage Magneto. It’s not hard to find where he is (again, Giant Monsters and a starship stand out)
    And he's not in either. :-p He booked it to go find Superman and "tweak" his settings a bit.

Five undetectable, he teleports to the other team and shanks Rita. He proceeds to do so to the rest of the team as best he can. He’s basically support here, but no one on Munch’s team can see him, so......stab stab!
    I didn't think about this when I was writing my strat, to include it, but the Iron Men suits see IR. Terminator sees everything in "computer vision"; I don't remember if we got any specific IR feats from him. Magneto can sense metal, even when he can't see it. So there are a few people besides Force-detection that may be able to find him.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The helmet does make it hard to mentally track Erik.

Good thing he’s not exactly hiding where he is if he’s going after Clark or Piper is engaging him.

You can hand off items, it just can’t be before the match. MC taking the Medusa Head right away should be more than fine. Future sight turning MM stoned also won’t work. The whole Precog thing works because the visions warn him ahead of time. It’s literally impossible for him (the real him) to get frozen as he’ll always know where to go and how to avoid it.

As to fire, sure, except for the fact that he pops up behind your team from under the ground and thus gets a large drop on your people. The Iron Legion weren’t exactly speedsters here and you had them fly towards my team.

Five miles away.

MC’s under the ground and behind your team flashing the Medusa Head well before any of the Iron Legion realize MC’s well behind them.

https://youtu.be/lHu7cpgFBxk

The above video demonstrates the power one Black Panther AOE punch can produce. Enough to flat out knock Cull Obsidian down (a dude strong enough to tear into the Hulk Buster). Imagine the carnage Jesse can level at your party. I seriously doubt any of your weaker people are still up, and whack, she can even tear the Iron Legion apart with those when they show back up

And remember, Five isn’t just invisible the standard way. You yourself said it’s more a spiritual invisibility. The drones may not even be able to see him. Besides, he’s capable of being all over the place so I’m not worried about him getting hit too much. Plus, emergency Time Dump if needed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I thought about this when I read the other thread, is Jessie Quick strong enough to other people around at Super Speed.

The helmet does make it hard to mentally track Erik.

Good thing he’s not exactly hiding where he is if he’s going after Clark or Piper is engaging him.
    Yeah, but he is going over towards your team, so if MM is hiding in the island he won't be able to SEE Magneto move around, and he can't find him with psychic powers.

The whole Precog thing works because the visions warn him ahead of time. It’s literally impossible for him (the real him) to get frozen as he’ll always know where to go and how to avoid it.
    But if you see it, even in a vision will it's sheer hideousness still get him? And not just his own head, but the Basilisk or anything else.

As to fire, sure, except for the fact that he pops up behind your team from under the ground and thus gets a large drop on your people. The Iron Legion weren’t exactly speedsters here and you had them fly towards my team.
    But when you pop up to find the person he's looking for that's when you're vulnerable. Also I wonder how well HE shows up on IR.

https://youtu.be/lHu7cpgFBxk

The above video demonstrates the power one Black Panther AOE punch can produce. Enough to flat out knock Cull Obsidian down (a dude strong enough to tear into the Hulk Buster).
    Well that had nothing to do with him hitting his chest. Also that looks fairly normal for the AOE Power Rangers.

And remember, Five isn’t just invisible the standard way. You yourself said it’s more a spiritual invisibility. The drones may not even be able to see him.
    *shrug* Well we don't have any evidence either way really.
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 06-09-2021 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo.

The BP scene was showing the end result of him absorbing energy and releasing it.

Jesse is rapidly tapping her chest and letting the suit absorb her speed energy (the Flash’s are all surrounded by energy when they run), releasing that as AOE’s. Same thing she did against KJ’s team. With this combo she can essentially unleash a near endless stream of AOE’s. And yes, she is strong enough. All the speedsters have zoomed around with people.

No reason Martian Cris should show up when intangible. He’s not giving off heat and he’s in the ground at first. Beyond that, allocating Eric isn’t a problem. J’onn is also an Empath and his Precog will let him know where Eric is. Cris Johnson used this very same ability to search out where would be attackers and traps were in a warehouse at the end of his movie.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Post 3/5

J’onn is also an Empath and his Precog will let him know where Eric is. Cris Johnson used this very same ability to search out where would be attackers and traps were in a warehouse at the end of his movie.
    Wouldn't a precognition that warns him about attackers be more concerned about the House Party coming for him? Or those giant monsters rampaging around?

Anyway does anyone else have any questions for us?

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Post 3/5

Wouldn't a precognition that warns him about attackers be more concerned about the House Party coming for him? Or those giant monsters rampaging around?

Anyway does anyone else have any questions for us?
    That’s the beautiful thing about Cris Johnson’s pre-cog. It does warn him about multiple things, as noted in the final action piece of the film. His pre-cog goes through the warehouse (shown to us as copies of Cris running through the place) and every time another path or option came up the pre-cog ‘split’ and took both paths. All this culminating in him managing to known exactly where every trap and every enemy was on the levels he searched (two minutes worth of pre-cog is a long time).

But yes, we should save the rest of our posts for questions.

Anyone need anything answered?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Post 4/8

Well if noone is willing to ask any questions, I'm willing to blow one of my posts on a recap. But FIRST!

That’s the beautiful thing about Cris Johnson’s pre-cog. It does warn him about multiple things, as noted in the final action piece of the film. His pre-cog goes through the warehouse (shown to us as copies of Cris running through the place) and every time another path or option came up the pre-cog ‘split’ and took both paths. All this culminating in him managing to known exactly where every trap and every enemy was on the levels he searched (two minutes worth of pre-cog is a long time).
    Well if it's one of those "take every possible future" precogs, then he'll DEFINATELY see all the futures where he sees the Basilisk and/or Medusa or whatever. And when he sees them in his visions, he dies IRL!

To Recap:

Superman: Taking a few years off to study sub-sub-atomic particles.

Piper: Went flying off to fight Magneto, got buried under house-sized spider demons.

Jessie Quick: Ran over to start AoEing my team. If she gets there before Magneto is done fiddling with the Ant-Man control belt, then she's right there to get squished by all the giant monsters stomping around. If she takes long enough for the monsters to clear out, then Magneto can come back and crush her metal suit.

Diana: While Rallying her Amazonian gal-pals, they get routed by a cheeky monkey-man and the Shadow Clone Jutsu mob coming in swinging a ridiculously heavy pillar at them.

Martian: Went Underground to try and ambush Magneto. Unfortunately he can't SEE Magneto down there, and he can't detect him with psychics, so he's got to come up and fly around to find him. Where upon he was set upon by every fire-source my team had.

Five: Invisible, but NOT intangible (as seen by everytime people tripped over Frodo while he was invisible) he gets stepped on by a giant monster. Either accidently because he's not EVEN a small shape running around in front of them, or on purpose as part of Darth's "send down the monsters" strat.

Now that I think about it, Quick wanted to go lay down some Suppressing Fire AoEs around Rita's general area, and Five is trying to sneak up on Rita first. He could very well get knocked out (or at least hit hard enough he loses his gear) by HIS OWN TEAMMMATE.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Good fight here.

I like Diana using her Amazon ties to rally the Island against her enemies and the Martians peek a boo style plan of attack.

I also like Magneto's move against Superman, and the raining down of Monsters to the Island to distract the Amazon Army and wreak havoc.

So far I think that the Martian's power wouldn't get hi turned to Stone from his visions, but it also won't help him find people as he is just randomly flying around underground until he reacts to a vision he sees of when to come up which isn't exactly fast or an effective form of radar.

Magneto having speed like Superman could dump him into the microverse before he gets to the Xilian ship as he is coming towards Magneto, and Five while invisible should still be seen or felt by some of Munchs characters.

Jesse doing her AOEs turns the tide again in the battle, but if the Kaijus are called down then that provides alot of buffers for her attack that would block out alot of the energy and protect the rest of the team.

Good match up so far.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.