Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Eternal Librarian TheBookDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. Magic is magic. No reason to assume a magic drain is gonna be less effective on it
    Magic is very different, and can have different effects based on the circumstances. Though I’m not sure if Illyria’s power was really magic. Some of the major differences between Illyria’s power drained and the Hollow are.
    The powers was hers, that the power was way out of her control, she was leaking it enough that her body was about to explode.
    The hollow has a symbiotic/parasitic relation with the host, it is separate. The hollow never had trouble containing magic it absorbed all that it could (so the concern should be if it could absorb the power from the Mutari Generator), and it took a magical ritual or death to get the hollow to leave a host.

2. Godzilla combat isn't exactly fast. Adam's got plenty of time to complete the change
    2. Godzilla's foot is so big that he wouldn't be dancing around anything. All he needs to do is hug it like a rock climbing wall, and it'll be trivial for him to stay attacked long enough for the Katra switch to work. And as previously stated, Blue won't know he's even there until it's too late.
    Except that climbing wall is moving, have to tried to hold on to a wall in an earthquake? Godzilla is Three hundred plus feet tall. If he lifts his leg to step towards the other Godzilla is Adam going to be able to hold on ride the foot up and down? Clinging without falling or losing you grip seems unlikely.

3. The thing is Blue doesn't know the difference between Adam's scent and any other characters. Since your plan doesn't mention Blue acting in defense of Godzilla, then Blue's most likely going to prioritize looking for her target over investigating whatever is at Godzilla's foot. And that focus will, ironically, lead to her missing the target entirely.
    As for Blue, She knows to hunt Adam, in this case he is human, male, without super tec or flight. When he start to hunt him he will smell him and go after the closest smell that matches the parameters. The only other humans are the amazons who I’m sure have a differ smell about them. Meaning the only characters likely to be targeted are Adam (the closest that can be focused on) Flash (I’m not sure if the Mimetic Polyalloy Upgrade
    Means that he smells human or not), Ares (not likely to be easily smelled when dashing around), Hal Jordan (flying around), and Cyborg (who smells like tec)

4. Big Monster's still have eyes. And anything without Superspeed will be in the middle of petrification by the time they could move to eat the head
    Yes, they have eyes but they probably won’t focus on looking at a snacks eyes. It’s a free falling head they notice something falling and have already snatched it up before they have even looked closely. Also you said it’s first target was the Skullcrawler which has weak eyes, because it hunts with other senses menaing it is likely to eat the head without seeing it with it’s eyes.

5. To say that Jean can win a psychic fight but not start a psychic fight is faulty logic
    3. Jean literally beat Apocalypse in a psychic fight

I don’t think the differences are as simple as that. She has psychic power, but without seeing her ability to target someone else’s mind and start a mental battle, then we don’t know how many people she could make mind fight, or how well she could force them to stay fighting her. So I don’t think that she is going to be able to cause mental battles with my whole team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookDragon View Post
    Magic is very different, and can have different effects based on the circumstances. Though I’m not sure if Illyria’s power was really magic. Some of the major differences between Illyria’s power drained and the Hollow are.
    The powers was hers, that the power was way out of her control, she was leaking it enough that her body was about to explode.
    The hollow has a symbiotic/parasitic relation with the host, it is separate. The hollow never had trouble containing magic it absorbed all that it could (so the concern should be if it could absorb the power from the Mutari Generator), and it took a magical ritual or death to get the hollow to leave a host.

Except that climbing wall is moving, have to tried to hold on to a wall in an earthquake? Godzilla is Three hundred plus feet tall. If he lifts his leg to step towards the other Godzilla is Adam going to be able to hold on ride the foot up and down? Clinging without falling or losing you grip seems unlikely.

As for Blue, She knows to hunt Adam, in this case he is human, male, without super tec or flight. When he start to hunt him he will smell him and go after the closest smell that matches the parameters. The only other humans are the amazons who I’m sure have a differ smell about them. Meaning the only characters likely to be targeted are Adam (the closest that can be focused on) Flash (I’m not sure if the Mimetic Polyalloy Upgrade
    Means that he smells human or not), Ares (not likely to be easily smelled when dashing around), Hal Jordan (flying around), and Cyborg (who smells like tec)

Yes, they have eyes but they probably won’t focus on looking at a snacks eyes. It’s a free falling head they notice something falling and have already snatched it up before they have even looked closely. Also you said it’s first target was the Skullcrawler which has weak eyes, because it hunts with other senses menaing it is likely to eat the head without seeing it with it’s eyes.

I don’t think the differences are as simple as that. She has psychic power, but without seeing her ability to target someone else’s mind and start a mental battle, then we don’t know how many people she could make mind fight, or how well she could force them to stay fighting her. So I don’t think that she is going to be able to cause mental battles with my whole team.
    1. Power Draining devices don't really care about circumstances like that
    2. Yes, it should be trivial for Adam to hold on. Godzillas don't tend to move fast
    3. There are a lot of male humans on my team, you can't say for sure that Blue will be able to distinguish Adam from the rest. And if Blue does dismiss Ares due to him zipping around, then he'd also Dismiss Adam's scent because Barry carrying him would look the same way to Blue
    4. They don't need to focus when the Eye is instantly in their direct line of vision. If they know it's there, it's already too late
    5. X-Verse psychic powers have been able to affect multiple minds at once since the first movie, and her powers have always worked the same as every other psychics