Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Under better circumstances wherein someone remembered that the Inhumans and Mutants used to be friendly, yes Black Bolt would have been attending with Medusa, the Universal Queens and the heads of the Inhuman tribes would be in attendance. Probably to discuss how the Inhumans would be relocating to Novahala in Alpha Centauri

You’d probably have the Eternals there too to discuss Uranus and Saturn being off limits to Krakoa and Arrako
    Sersi, of the Eternals, was at the Gala.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sersi, of the Eternals, was at the Gala.
    Because Zuras and Mentor are dead and the Eternals are about to be reduced to the film cast

I'm still in favor of Inhumans popping up at the gala. Alas, there is always next year.

If they pop up in Way of X or SWORD( the x-books I'm reading) I'm fine with it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-18-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm still in favor of Inhumans popping up at the gala. Alas, there is always next year.

If they pop up in Way of X or SWORD( the x-books I'm reading) I'm fine with it.
    JDW on Inhuman and Mutant relations:

“That said, to the meat of your question, have they forgiven them? I think the answer is yes. I mean, obviously, every mutant is their own person so they could forgive or not on a one-to-one basis, but I think as a whole, yes, because I mean, that was the thrust of the ending of Inhumans Vs. X-Men. The Inhumans literally gave up everything that made them special and they gave up their birth right to save mutantkind. So, while they did unknowingly hurt mutants for a while there — well, knowingly or unknowingly — they made a huge sacrifice to stop it. So I think that, generally speaking, mutantkind has forgiven them as evidenced by the fact that you don’t see a lot of Exodus ranting about how terrible they are.”

I personally liked this explanation as a reason why there isn’t anymore beef between the races.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I personally liked this explanation as a reason why there isn’t anymore beef between the races.
    It means nothing. There is no reason for everyone to still hate Wanda after she worked with Hope to restore the mutant gene at the end of AvX (as much as I rip on that ending, it is the ending the mutants know). There is no reason for an Exodus not to be going on about the the Evil Inhumans other than there has been no story reason for it. It is not like there is some Exodus going on about Cassandra Nova, but are we to think there is no beef? We only saw a beef between Greycrow and some Morlocks because it was a story to lead him into being part of Hellions.

Personally, JDW can keep his head cannon to himself, because it is obvious he has not even thought about the Inhumans, or he is covering up for some future plot point and is only painting himself in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It means nothing. There is no reason for everyone to still hate Wanda after she worked with Hope to restore the mutant gene at the end of AvX (as much as I rip on that ending, it is the ending the mutants know). There is no reason for an Exodus not to be going on about the the Evil Inhumans other than there has been no story reason for it. It is not like there is some Exodus going on about Cassandra Nova, but are we to think there is no beef? We only saw a beef between Greycrow and some Morlocks because it was a story to lead him into being part of Hellions.

Personally, JDW can keep his head cannon to himself, because it is obvious he has not even thought about the Inhumans, or he is covering up for some future plot point and is only painting himself in a corner.
    Melody Guthrie has no reason to forgive Wanda Maximoff. Neither does Callisto or Lost from Way of X. Sure, Wanda reversed the curse that she put up in the first place, but she didn’t reverse what she did to the actual, existing mutant population.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

There are mutants that suffered a loss for years in universe due to M-Day. Wanda did not reverse ANY of the damage she did to anyone except for Rictor. Yes there is an in universe reason for everyone who was affected by her to still hate her

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There are mutants that suffered a loss for years in universe due to M-Day. Wanda did not reverse ANY of the damage she did to anyone except for Rictor. Yes there is an in universe reason for everyone who was affected by her to still hate her
    Again, while I hate the story, Wanda was instrumental in Hope controlling the Phoenix Force in AvX. That is a fact, one which I hate and ridicule, but it is a fact as far as Marvel office and characters know. Naming individual characters who have a grudge is no different than what JDW is saying, some characters may still have a beef with the Inhumans too. Those individuals issues are not important to the relations as a whole.

So, mutants as a whole have no beef with Wanda. Yet here we are. So my point is he should just not address it because it only points out the inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Melody Guthrie has no reason to forgive Wanda Maximoff. Neither does Callisto or Lost from Way of X. Sure, Wanda reversed the curse that she put up in the first place, but she didn’t reverse what she did to the actual, existing mutant population.
    Scott wouldn’t let her reverse things.

It will never cease to amaze me how any thread can devolve into a throwdown over Wanda, despite the fact that it literally never goes anywhere.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Inhumans are not going to be part of Marvel for a while after the big push just for a TV show that was an abject disaster. Reportedly Kamala Khan won't even be an inhuman in her MCU show, and she's the only good thing that came from that push to start with.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-21-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It will never cease to amaze me how any thread can devolve into a throwdown over Wanda, despite the fact that it literally never goes anywhere.
    It’s usually her, or AvX.

Been that way for years.

Never change!

Maybe if they were invited and asked nice enough Isca would have let them rent a crater on Mars or something.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    im not sure it is years in the current continuity. everything from moiras fake death to the start of hox pox was about 3 years so at most it would have been a year and half maybe two.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    im not sure it is years in the current continuity. everything from moiras fake death to the start of hox pox was about 3 years so at most it would have been a year and half maybe two.
    Does it matter? If what Wanda did was even more recent, than that gives more credence for why people would still be salty