Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The only reason I responded was because people were once again using AvX and trying to use IvX as if they are some grand indictment of the mutants and X-Men. I find this mentality insane

I feel for fans of the Inhumans, IvX is the sort of tripe that kills franchises. It also closes off fans from other franchises, why the hell would an X-Fan, who was not already a fan of the Inhumans, want anything to do with them after something like that? But this kind of argument/debate is what is going to crop up 100 times out of a 100 when you get people trying to compare the Inhumans in IvX to the mutants in AvX.
    I'm an X-Men fan and became an inhumans fan during this period. I just know that this is an industry and characters in a book. Once people realize this they can come back to reality and not hold a grudge against fictional characters that are used in stories written by the whims of writers and executive decisions. Plus, this isn't some independent comic book company that treats their workers/writers well.

I got into the inhumans because I thought the dynamic of genetics (eternals, humans, mutants, inhumans) was interesting as well as their critique of religion/culture. And people like the X-Men stories now because it's like a weird prequel to the dynamics of Attilanean society.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-12-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I got into the inhumans because I thought the dynamic of genetics (eternals, humans, mutants, inhumans) was interesting as well as their critique of religion/culture. And people like the X-Men stories now because it's like a weird prequel to the dynamics of Attilanean society.
    Yeah, it is interesting that Hickman has begun spinning a tale in the Age of Krakoa where mutantkind is creating an elite enclave of genetic segregation with it's own not-at-all-democratically-elected leading heirarchy, and using the resurrection protocols to reignite the X-gene in folk similar to how the Terrigen gas was used to unlock powers in their unpowered citizens, essentially creating a variation on Attilan-for-mutants (complete with weird religious overtones).

Magneto even sounds like he expects it to have some sort of dynastic trend, the way he talks about how Polaris 'represents his family' or whatever, as if he expects her to be taking his place on the Council some day, because she's *Magneto's daughter.* (Moira has also arranged a special role for her son, and Mystique's son *also* sits on the Council, it's getting all Royal Family up in here! Charles is probably only not playing because he's straight up terrified of his son...)

No. The opposite. They shouldn't hurt each other, they should make amends and given the fact that inhumans had to move to the Moon for 10 years because the atmosphere was killing them was even stupider. Like, they knew how to resolve the issue, but the writers ignored the fact that they were on the Moon because the same thing happened? Crystal purified the air so they can breath on Earth, but they couldn't solve a little cloud that was traveling around the Earth?

My point is that it was a poorly written event and holding it against any of these characters doesn't make any sense and they should build bridges not walls.
    I think we’re in agreement. I wasn’t saying that they should hurt each other, but based on the story they were. Again in total agreement of the event/ storyline being poorly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, it is interesting that Hickman has begun spinning a tale in the Age of Krakoa where mutantkind is creating an elite enclave of genetic segregation with it's own not-at-all-democratically-elected leading heirarchy, and using the resurrection protocols to reignite the X-gene in folk similar to how the Terrigen gas was used to unlock powers in their unpowered citizens, essentially creating a variation on Attilan-for-mutants (complete with weird religious overtones).

Magneto even sounds like he expects it to have some sort of dynastic trend, the way he talks about how Polaris 'represents his family' or whatever, as if he expects her to be taking his place on the Council some day, because she's *Magneto's daughter.* (Moira has also arranged a special role for her son, and Mystique's son *also* sits on the Council, it's getting all Royal Family up in here! Charles is probably only not playing because he's straight up terrified of his son...)
    The denizens of Attilan actually dethroned Black Bolt at one point (or two) and they left, then they went back, but the last thing they did was make it a democratic republic. This was a trajectory that they were building with becoming more democratic and leaving the Alphas and kings and queens behind. But I get a sense that comic book readers like kings and queens, which is regressive to human civilization. Queen Medusa sounds more fictional than Prime Minister Iso, which is what Attilan has right now.

The X-Men are getting into nation building and colonization, which is interesting for fiction I guess. The inhumans were Earth slaves of the Kree and went to space to usurp their power, which was as much as a 180 as the mutants' story now, because Attilan's shtick was to avoid conflict and live alone in peace, not to go into space. The X-Men are going through all of the Attilanean steps quick. Hickman invented the Universal inhumans, so I wonder if he's going to make the Universal mutants.

Astonishing Member

The denizens of Attilan actually dethroned Black Bolt at one point (or two) and they left, then they went back, but the last thing they did was make it a democratic republic. This was a trajectory that they were building with becoming more democratic and leaving the Alphas and kings and queens behind. But I get a sense that comic book readers like kings and queens, which is regressive to human civilization. Queen Medusa sounds more fictional than Prime Minister Iso, which is what Attilan has right now.

The X-Men are getting into nation building and colonization, which is interesting for fiction I guess. The inhumans were Earth slaves of the Kree and went to space to usurp their power, which was as much as a 180 as the mutants' story now, because Attilan's shtick was to avoid conflict and live alone in peace, not to go into space. The X-Men are going through all of the Attilanean steps quick. Hickman invented the Universal inhumans, so I wonder if he's going to make the Universal mutants.
    Well with the newest F4 Crystal did say "Royal Family business" so I am still thinking they will have a Royal family, but go Constitutional Monarchy. .There are times when Prime Minister is used like in Star Wars the Kaminoans.
    I am guessing Arakko fits the bill for the Universal Inhumans.

People really need to learn the true meaning of “genocide”, instead of using it just to appeal to emotion. It’s truly a disservice to victims/survivors of actual genocides.

This is all I have to contribute.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I would have loved to see the inhumans there, they ended things relatively better after IvX and certainly they have more things in common than with other teams but I guess right now marvel is uninterested in X-men and Inhuman meetings unless it´s to put one them agaist the other.

On a side note: It´s interesting Black Bolt doesn´t seem to be part of the little illuminati meeting that happened in the Gala or he´s still but just goes to official meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    People really need to learn the true meaning of “genocide”, instead of using it just to appeal to emotion. It’s truly a disservice to victims/survivors of actual genocides.

Agreed
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I would argue that many terms are hyperbolically used with comic fans, like discrimination and minority for any non-real world people, but comics were made for children to understand these concepts. We just stuck around to read them now and a lot of people get worked up. I wouldn't take anything on these forums too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would have loved to see the inhumans there, they ended things relatively better after IvX and certainly they have more things in common than with other teams but I guess right now marvel is uninterested in X-men and Inhuman meetings unless it´s to put one them agaist the other.

On a side note: It´s interesting Black Bolt doesn´t seem to be part of the little illuminati meeting that happened in the Gala or he´s still but just goes to official meetings.
    I thought that with time, people would understand what it really meant to cancel a publication/a team and to push another one, but they're actually encouraging what they thought they were against. They pretty much wrote the inhumans out of existance except for Kamala. They would've been interesting to see somewhere along this X-Men era since the X-Men built a nation based on race/species, etc. and since Hickman wrote inhuman lore that was important. They should revisit the topic under better circumstances with a writer who actually like inhumans, and not Cates, who didn't know how to write them, killed a bunch of them, and checked out half way in the run.

I liked how Slott wrote Crystal and Luna on Fantastic Four but didn´t give enough information of where they are right now still it would be interesting to see his take on all of them, I think he would bring them back to basis, as a hidden city and close allies of the FF and then go from there. Really there´s a lot that could be done with them, where do they stand with the new Kree/Skrull Empyre?, Do they still keep contact with other inhumans cities?

I think Hickman made a reference to Blackbolt on the issue where he explains how Vulcan survived his fight with him so I think he also could be interested in adding the inhumans to the story with the X-men or with their link to the FF4 and the Iluminati.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Do you think the Inhumans should have been invited to the Gala?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I liked how Slott wrote Crystal and Luna on Fantastic Four but didn´t give enough information of where they are right now still it would be interesting to see his take on all of them, I think he would bring them back to basis, as a hidden city and close allies of the FF and then go from there. Really there´s a lot that could be done with them, where do they stand with the new Kree/Skrull Empyre?, Do they still keep contact with other inhumans cities?

I think Hickman made a reference to Blackbolt on the issue where he explains how Vulcan survived his fight with him so I think he also could be interested in adding the inhumans to the story with the X-men or with their link to the FF4 and the Iluminati.
    Kind of hard to due a hidden city when people all know about them now, unless you mean they built a new city for Inhumans to flee to if in trouble, which ya could be cool.

I do recall also Black Bolt War of Kings fate/Vulkans that I think it was brought up in the Empyre tie-in, and then never mentioned again. But it might be that a story Hickman wants to do. But ya I am reminded with the Inhumans not there, Black Bolt wasn't in that Iluminati group shot.

As for the Kree/Skrull Empire/Alliance. There will be resentment, but if Hulking gave them resources to say make that new Hidden City, maybe even their own planet I feel they would be grateful. Though Hulking and Wiccan I feel they like them both the Inhumans having been friends with Mar-Vell, and being related (kind of) to Wiccan.

Contact with the other cities... Is Ahura still the ceo of Ennilux?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Kind of hard to due a hidden city when people all know about them now, unless you mean they built a new city for Inhumans to flee to if in trouble, which ya could be cool.
    Yes I think they got a new hidden city because right now they don´t seem to be living on the Moon and their main city was destroyed so I guess they got a new place to live.

]I do recall also Black Bolt War of Kings fate/Vulkans that I think it was brought up in the Empyre tie-in, and then never mentioned again. But it might be that a story Hickman wants to do. But ya I am reminded with the Inhumans not there, Black Bolt wasn't in that Iluminati group shot.
    No but he´s officially part of the group so if Hickman is briging back the iluminati I can see him using Black Bolt again.

As for the Kree/Skrull Empire/Alliance. There will be resentment, but if Hulking gave them resources to say make that new Hidden City, maybe even their own planet I feel they would be grateful. Though Hulking and Wiccan I feel they like them both the Inhumans having been friends with Mar-Vell, and being related (kind of) to Wiccan.
    Yes I could see this too. Wiccan is bassically(could be argued) Luna´s cousin from her father side and the inhumans always have been traditional in being mindful of familiar relationships.

Contact with the other cities... Is Ahura still the ceo of Ennilux?
    I don´t know but if all of them left earth I would think Ahura went with them.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-12-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

And people like the X-Men stories now because it's like a weird prequel to the dynamics of Attilanean society.
    Actually, right now Mutants are more like the opposite of the inhumans. They aren’t running away and sealing themselves off because of persecution, they’re courageously confronting it like heroes do. The current QC didn’t overthrow anyone because they wanted to be able to enslave humans as Black Bolt and crew did. They’re first act was to save humans, curing their diseases. Everyone is free and equal. The QC aren’t a royal family, they’re just managers. Like a condo board. There’s no slave class or desire for one. They just held an election for their public representatives.

It’s like reverse solutions - one group took a selfish, arrogant, villainous path and the other is Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Actually, right now Mutants are more like the opposite of the inhumans. They aren’t running away and sealing themselves off because of persecution, they’re courageously confronting it like heroes do. The current QC didn’t overthrow anyone because they wanted to be able to enslave humans as Black Bolt and crew did. They’re first act was to save humans, curing their diseases. Everyone is free and equal. The QC aren’t a royal family, they’re just managers. Like a condo board. There’s no slave class or desire for one. They just held an election for their public representatives.

It’s like reverse solutions - one group took a selfish, arrogant, villainous path and the other is Krakoa.
    You're confused. You're ignoring the actual inhuman stories that talked about all of the things you mentioned. They've gone through a lot of character development since Jack Kirby invented them. He did so with a purpose. The mutants are literally running away and separating themselves from the dream of living one day as equals. They basically said, we need to leave because the humans aren't going to change, just like the inhumans did. They created a substance that's like real world oil to sell to the humans for leverage. Attilan is a democratic republic and held elections too. If you actually read inhumans books you'd know that the inhumans were slaves of the Kree, and when the Alphas appeared it was to teach us that it was wrong. And Medusa and Black Bolt were also victims of their society. Read By Right of Birth to find out more. You're just ignoring a lot because it would contradict your point. Managers is a euphemism. Hickman wrote for the inhumans before, and it's obvious that he's integrating ideas from that time to the X-Men stories. It's not a coincidence.

BANNED

You're confused. You're ignoring the actual inhuman stories that talked about all of the things you mentioned. They've gone through a lot of character development since Jack Kirby invented them. He did so with a purpose. The mutants are literally running away and separating themselves from the dream of living one day as equals. They basically said, we need to leave because the humans aren't going to change, just like the inhumans did. They created a substance that's like real world oil to sell to the humans for leverage. Attilan is a democratic republic and held elections too. If you actually read inhumans books you'd know that the inhumans were slaves of the Kree, and when the Alphas appeared it was to teach us that it was wrong. And Medusa and Black Bolt were also victims of their society. Read By Right of Birth to find out more. You're just ignoring a lot because it would contradict your point. Managers is a euphemism. Hickman wrote for the inhumans before, and it's obvious that he's integrating ideas from that time to the X-Men stories. It's not a coincidence.

Honestly do you really expect people here to know or try to learn anything about non X characters besides the barest minimum?
    Last edited by Metro; 06-13-2021 at 06:00 PM.