Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Nuhumans are inhumans.
    Not really and yet, exactly. Inhumans were supposed to be this isolated, hidden race. They were NEVER meant to be like mutants. Perlmutter broke them. I’m sure someone will come along in a couple years and figure out something cool to do with them, again. It just stinks that after they scaled such heights with Marin and Ladronn, Hickman in the FF, and Abnett & Lanning in cosmic Marvel, they came crashing down in some b.s. scheme to replace the X-Men and mutants. It’s all because Fox had movie rights to the X franchise. It’s a bummer is all. Look at it in here. People are acting like it’s characters’ fault things are messed up, instead of placing blame where it belongs, which is a particular executive’s fault. Again, someone will figure out some good stories to tell with the Inhumans in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I like the Avengers. I like(d) the Fantastic Four. I love the Thing. I do not like how they’ve let his star power drop over the last couple of decades. I love Spidey. I like Captain America. I like SHIELD. I like the X-Men, too. I could go on and on. If you like X-Men, isn’t it almost inevitable you’ll like the rest of Marvel?

IMO, yes and no. This isn’t quite true.

The X-Men are only encroaching on Inhumans inasmuch as Perlmutter tried to turn the Inhumans into the X-Men. For the first 50 years of their existence, the Inhumans were NOT a stand-in for oppressed peoples. The Inhumans did not found a nation as a persecuted minority trying to escape persecution. That did not happen until Perlmutter had Marvel try to turn Inhumans into mutants, with “NuHumans.” It’s so stupid, and it goes against what Kirby intended for the Inhumans. The X-Men only encroach on Inhumans since Perlmutter. Looked at through the history of these creative decisions, it is the Inhumans encroaching on the X-Men’s territory.

The Inhumans are thematically related to: Lost Horizon; Madam Blavatsky; Theosophy; the cult classic, pseudo-history Morning of the Magicians; and the science-fictional transformation of those subjects into Erich von Däniken‘s Chariots of the Gods. The Inhumans are like the people mentioned in Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir:”

“...Sit with elders of the gentle race /
    “This world has seldom seen...

“...My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon /
    “I will return again”

It should be noted Kirby created the Inhumans years before Chariots of the Gods. Jack got there first, and before Page-Plant, too.

I think some have speculated Kirby may have been influenced by Morning of the Magicians. Maybe Sean Howe mentioned it his book? If the X-Men are at all similar to Inhumans before Perlmutter, it is possibly through the influence of that book, which mentions mutants. But the mutants in that book are more like the “gentle race” in the Zep tune — “seldom seen.”

It should be noted Kirby reworked a lot of this and added in Chariots almost directly for Kirby’s Eternals.

Iron Fist also borrows from these concepts with K’un-Lun.

The Kree and spacefaring angle with the Inhumans came in during the ‘70s, if I remember right. But it fits right into that hidden-land and space gods context, as did Marin’s and Hickman’s concepts.

The X-Men on the other hand evolved slowly, organically into a stand-in for persecuted peoples, really taking off with the introduction of the Sentinels. But that was a couple years into the X-Men’s first run. Lee has indicated the intent for X-Men was a school, to appeal to children who read comics. I’d be interested in what Kirby had to say about the X-Men, but I’m sure at a basic level Lee was conveying Kirby’s idea for the X-Men if not his own.
    All will be revealed
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Looking at the whole 'The Inhumans all suck... well except for those two. Oh right and they were good as well. Ya guess them too. Oh they went without saying.
    Really shows people need to really stop and think before putting stuff. There is enough Inhumans from Royal, to Nuhuman that would allow Inhumans their rightful place as a series.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    So, I saw you comment that you are also an X-Men fan and I would like to know if you understand that many x-fans are not so receptive to Avengers after all that nonsense AVX story. Because I've spent my entire life reading X-Men and suddenly my favorite characters get dumped under the bus by another franchise, for nothing but promoting the Avengers movies. This is all after the Decimation. And a few years later there was the Terrigen Mist killing mutants. This makes it very difficult for me to appreciate any other IP.

But I want to say that I'm not advocating toxic reactions, but I also don't think it's right to ignore these editorial attitudes that only served to annoy fans, who like me, never had any problem with the rest of MU before.
    Everything is subjective. I didn't like how they made something unique to Jean Grey (the Phoenix Force), watered down and a gimmick. We knew what was going to happen, they were going to become Dark Phoenixes and had to be taken down. The only positive thing from it was the return of the mutants. The issue everyone should have is that they did hero versus hero because they can't come up with a proper good villain to tell a good story. Once I realized Marvel was a business, was I able to understand the cancellation of the Fantastic Four and the Inhumans, and the petty things they might do like make Kamala not an inhuman, as they did with the Maximoff Twins. Marvel has treated the Inhumans worse than any character ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Not really and yet, exactly. Inhumans were supposed to be this isolated, hidden race. They were NEVER meant to be like mutants. Perlmutter broke them. I’m sure someone will come along in a couple years and figure out something cool to do with them, again. It just stinks that after they scaled such heights with Marin and Ladronn, Hickman in the FF, and Abnett & Lanning in cosmic Marvel, they came crashing down in some b.s. scheme to replace the X-Men and mutants. It’s all because Fox had movie rights to the X franchise. It’s a bummer is all. Look at it in here. People are acting like it’s characters’ fault things are messed up, instead of placing blame where it belongs, which is a particular executive’s fault. Again, someone will figure out some good stories to tell with the Inhumans in the future.
    The inhumans are a species, and in this species a culture and society was made. But then others left and formed different nations and they existed around the Galaxy. The inhumans could be as flexible as they wanted to be. Just like how the X-Men haven't been a persecuted minority amongst humans. These characters can have different stories and we can see what we like and what works. The problem people have is that they're used to the status quo and taking risks is risky.

The inhumans were on Earth from the 60's to the 80's, then they had Atlantis Attacks, then became rulers of the Kree empire, then had global Terrigenisis, which was first introduced in the 90's in Earth X. They've taken lots of risks and were never the same. So the era of inhumans living amongst humans like mutants wasn't a new concept (Earth X) and it was interesting to see as an X-Men and Inhumans fan. The sh*ty thing was another versus story after the failures that were AVX and Civil War 2.

Fantastic Member

still cant believe this question was even asked...well more good news like i mentioned in the past ms marvel is no longer going to be an inhuman...i really dont think the people on these cbr boards understand how truly toxic the inhumans are and the massive and i mean massive amount of damage they did to marvel during there push

People seemed upset that the Inhumans were becoming the X-men, but nobody seems that upset that the X-men have now become the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    still cant believe this question was even asked...well more good news like i mentioned in the past ms marvel is no longer going to be an inhuman...i really dont think the people on these cbr boards understand how truly toxic the inhumans are and the massive and i mean massive amount of damage they did to marvel during there push
    whats going on with Ms. Marvel? Being an Inhuman has kinda defined her in many ways

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    People seemed upset that the Inhumans were becoming the X-men, but nobody seems that upset that the X-men have now become the Inhumans.
    Were some Inhumans fan was upset they were just getting an X-Men rehash? X-Men fans were 'upset' that Marvel (publishing and marketing) was keeping the X-Men pushed to the side while trying to force the Inhumans into a role that there was not enough desire for, just to create some possible MCU synergy where there was an attempt to make the Inhumans their version of mutants. You do realize that the 'move them to Mars' idea came from that story, and as rumors surfaced it was mocked by many?

I am sure you will find examples in this very thread that people dislike this era for stuff that you would describe as being ripped off the Inhumans.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The X-Men never had less books or events, or movies or even TV shows than the inhumans ever. The inhumans weren't toxic and every character at Marvel deserves some attention without people throwing temper tantrums. The X-Men never got less attention and we're never canceled.

It's hypocrite to be happy about Marvel changing a character's origin, when people we're up in arms about Wanda's change, a character many fans hate and call "the pretender."

You're justifying Marvel treating their IP's bad by thinking them changing someone's origin to match the MCU is a positive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The X-Men never had less books or events, or movies or even TV shows than the inhumans ever. The inhumans weren't toxic and every character at Marvel deserves some attention without people throwing temper tantrums. The X-Men never got less attention and we're never canceled.

It's hypocrite to be happy about Marvel changing a character's origin, when people we're up in arms about Wanda's change, a character many fans hate and call "the pretender."

You're justifying Marvel treating their IP's bad by thinking them changing someone's origin to match the MCU is a positive thing.
    They didnt have less than the Inhumans but the number of team X-books was cut when the Inhumans were getting their push. The Bendis era ended with Uncanny, ANX, X-men v4, Amazing, Spiderman & the X-men, All New X-Factor, X-Force. The Terrigen era debuted and the only books that came were Uncanny, ANX and Extraordinary. The optics did not look good and with what was happening with Disney vs Fox and a storyline to kill off mutants plaguing the comics, the reduced number of books did look like they were being more aggressive at limiting the X-men than even the deciMation era. This came right when they were pushing the Inhumans and they were using an Inhuman concept to tear down the X-men which seemed more like kicking them while they were down after a decade of that type of storytelling

Astonishing Member

Under better circumstances wherein someone remembered that the Inhumans and Mutants used to be friendly, yes Black Bolt would have been attending with Medusa, the Universal Queens and the heads of the Inhuman tribes would be in attendance. Probably to discuss how the Inhumans would be relocating to Novahala in Alpha Centauri

You’d probably have the Eternals there too to discuss Uranus and Saturn being off limits to Krakoa and Arrako

Ultimate Member

Explain this???

Because it makes no sense whatsoever. NO sense.

Toxic to WHO? Honestly Toxic to WHO?

Not Black Panther, Miles, Carol, GOTG, Antman, Iron Man, Carol, Runaways, Luke Cage, Deadpool, Shang Chi, Defenders, Dr Strange, Spider-Man, Eternals, Venom, Cap America, Falcon and so many others.

So how did they hurt Marvel? Where is that evidence?

Because if we are going to hold a tv show or a few books as toxic. X-Men among OTHERS should have been axed a LONG time ago and Marvel should be out of business.

Because I've spent my entire life reading X-Men and suddenly my favorite characters get dumped under the bus by another franchise, for nothing but promoting the Avengers movies. This is all after the Decimation. And a few years later there was the Terrigen Mist killing mutants. This makes it very difficult for me to appreciate any other IP.
    Then your issue needs to be with MARVEL MANAGMENT.

Why is this such an hard concept to understand? That is a management issue.

Same with Wally West, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown and every single character capped on.

This came right when they were pushing the Inhumans and they were using an Inhuman concept to tear down the X-men which seemed more like kicking them while they were down after a decade of that type of storytelling
    Know how to stop that??? Don't buy the books. Marvel will get the hint.

When fans stop fighting each other over CRUMBS and realize NOT buying books sends a bigger message than trashing each other. Marvel will get the hint.

X-Men have not seen a dime of my money since the last issue of X-Men Academy. Black Panther has not seen my money since 2016. Aquaman, Peter Parker and Superman are in year 30.

DC lost a LOT of my money for trashing Static, John Stewart and others.

Now someone will say "if you don't buy it-it means no one wants it"

Ask Wally West about that. Wally, Cassandra and others SOLD-DC still trashed them.

I rather have a favorite rot the bench than see badly done books on shelves poisonings a new generation.

While there is trashing of Inhumans here-remember Wanda vision is going to get certain books back in trade in and stores.

The MOMENT MCU does X-Men-all those mutant bashing books are BACK in trade. Don't THINK for a second Marvel won't turn any of that into a film.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Know how to stop that??? Don't buy the books. Marvel will get the hint.

When fans stop fighting each other over CRUMBS and realize NOT buying books sends a bigger message than trashing each other. Marvel will get the hint.

X-Men have not seen a dime of my money since the last issue of X-Men Academy. Black Panther has not seen my money since 2016. Aquaman, Peter Parker and Superman are in year 30.
    Why would I stop to buy books that I enjoy?

Astonishing Member

Nothing has been confirmed that she isn't an Inhuman. The Inhumans aren't the toxic ones.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Under better circumstances wherein someone remembered that the Inhumans and Mutants used to be friendly, yes Black Bolt would have been attending with Medusa, the Universal Queens and the heads of the Inhuman tribes would be in attendance. Probably to discuss how the Inhumans would be relocating to Novahala in Alpha Centauri

You’d probably have the Eternals there too to discuss Uranus and Saturn being off limits to Krakoa and Arrako
    Wouldn't that have been Neptune's job?