Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Know what this is a good of place as any to ask the X forums, more specifically aimed at the big Inhuman haters. So if there were new Inhuman comics would you hate it right away without reading it, or wait and see how the story was being played out?

How do you feel if they didn't star Black Bolt and/or Medusa along with the adult Royals but their children? That they have steped down for their mistakes as a form of penance.

If you are still reading how do you feel of these 4 story ideas:

1) A tie in to Outlawed, more specifically after Roxxon is discovered to be the laws biggest backers. To pay their dept to Kamala for her help the Kingdom of New Attilian and Ennilux Corperation, they are going after Roxxons customers. By that, they are using Industrial espionage to find out their newest big thing they are selling to the public, then New Attilian uses its advanced technology to recreate this since it is most likely something the Inhumans great-great-grandparents would have used, then Ennilux sells it. This takes customers away from them, means they loose money, means they loose influence. The Heirs to Agon must be ready to meet anything Roxxon throws back at the Inhumans.

2) New Attilian is ready for its next big step as 2 elected branches of government have been created to work with the Royal family as equals, all is good as the members are ready to take their place. The only problem is the one who is to be representing the Royal family is missing. The natives of Attilian were clear that they will accept the elected government if the Royal family is included. It is now time to find where the heir is, why they have been missing, and how to keep them from doing this again.

3+4) Yes 2 comics. The first is Inhuman Royals, the new governement of New Atilian is about ready but a traditional form of a Royal family is looked at by many. To find one who is strong enough to do so, a number of influential Inhumans and close relatives are showing through great deeds. To show their support the previous Royal family wishes to part take in this but the more adults of them are busy, they have asked their children to do this in their stead agreeing to bow to them if they do succeed.
    The second is Inhuman Warriors, as the Royals are the face of much of the Inhuman culture only a select few can hold that right. But what of those who are skilled enough but due to reasons couldn't partake as a candidate. As a group of lower ranking natives, Nuhumans, and foreign representives deal with many threats that will hurt the stability the Inhumans are trying to achieve before they can begin a great push to the future.
    I don't particularly like the Inhumans, but I don't hate them. Truthfully I have no real interest in them one way or another and as such I wouldn't buy a new Inhuman book. This should not be considered an indictment as I only read a handful of books anyway.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Know what this is a good of place as any to ask the X forums, more specifically aimed at the big Inhuman haters. So if there were new Inhuman comics would you hate it right away without reading it, or wait and see how the story was being played out?

How do you feel if they didn't star Black Bolt and/or Medusa along with the adult Royals but their children? That they have steped down for their mistakes as a form of penance.

If you are still reading how do you feel of these 4 story ideas:

1) A tie in to Outlawed, more specifically after Roxxon is discovered to be the laws biggest backers. To pay their dept to Kamala for her help the Kingdom of New Attilian and Ennilux Corperation, they are going after Roxxons customers. By that, they are using Industrial espionage to find out their newest big thing they are selling to the public, then New Attilian uses its advanced technology to recreate this since it is most likely something the Inhumans great-great-grandparents would have used, then Ennilux sells it. This takes customers away from them, means they loose money, means they loose influence. The Heirs to Agon must be ready to meet anything Roxxon throws back at the Inhumans.

2) New Attilian is ready for its next big step as 2 elected branches of government have been created to work with the Royal family as equals, all is good as the members are ready to take their place. The only problem is the one who is to be representing the Royal family is missing. The natives of Attilian were clear that they will accept the elected government if the Royal family is included. It is now time to find where the heir is, why they have been missing, and how to keep them from doing this again.

3+4) Yes 2 comics. The first is Inhuman Royals, the new governement of New Atilian is about ready but a traditional form of a Royal family is looked at by many. To find one who is strong enough to do so, a number of influential Inhumans and close relatives are showing through great deeds. To show their support the previous Royal family wishes to part take in this but the more adults of them are busy, they have asked their children to do this in their stead agreeing to bow to them if they do succeed.
    The second is Inhuman Warriors, as the Royals are the face of much of the Inhuman culture only a select few can hold that right. But what of those who are skilled enough but due to reasons couldn't partake as a candidate. As a group of lower ranking natives, Nuhumans, and foreign representives deal with many threats that will hurt the stability the Inhumans are trying to achieve before they can begin a great push to the future.
    I think most X-Men readers only read X-Men books and ignore the rest of the Marvel Universe. It just doesn't interest them, especially since they were written very self contained since the 90's and were given stories to have more disdain against non-mutants (and the Scarlet Witch) that weren't doing anything for the mutant cause. They're more akin to Batman comics in that they interact with the rest of the companies IP's, but have a healthy independent publication. They even have their own section in the forums. The rest of the Marvel Universe interacts more and compliment each other's stories.

With the Eternals movie coming out, you just see a lot of them ignore the eternal characters and just focus on how it can be a segue to mutants. Replace "eternals" with any other Marvel IP and the sentiment is more or less the same.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would read it sight unseen as I still have some love for the Inhumans. I liked the inclusion of Nublood so to speak, I think Marvel executives mangled what could have been a good time for the IP had they not forced the war with the X-Men IP.
    Ya the forced conflict is what brought the biggest ire. I do wonder if Marvel did seperate the X books but still gave them content if people would have been ok with that.

Hmmm, I honestly don't know. I do want to see Medusa and Black Bolt, but I think focusing on the next gen or their kids washes over what happened and some good development from the "ruling class" (even thought there was a new government etc etc). I would rather see something akin to Crystal's book where she is taking the reigns and moves in a new direction of rebuilding for the sake of her people and the world.
    Overall some people still look at Black Bolt and Medusa as bad guys, and talk about hating the Royals. But I wonder does that reach to children they may even not know about. Inhuman fans I feel this might be ok with the switch because it expands others info on other Inhumans as well.

I think I like 3+4 but I think having a book solely focused on the politics of the government would lose readers quickly. Incorporate other elements of dealing with the world at large, establishing new relationships and mending old ones would be a good start. Also have part of the book go back to reaching out and making contact with lost tribes.
    There would be others in 3 though it is just more who it would follow I say. But ya contacting the lost tribes would deal with politics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think most X-Men readers only read X-Men books and ignore the rest of the Marvel Universe. It just doesn't interest them, especially since they were written very self contained since the 90's and were given stories to have more disdain against non-mutants (and the Scarlet Witch) that weren't doing anything for the mutant cause. They're more akin to Batman comics in that they interact with the rest of the companies IP's, but have a healthy independent publication. They even have their own section in the forums. The rest of the Marvel Universe interacts more and compliment each other's stories.

With the Eternals movie coming out, you just see a lot of them ignore the eternal characters and just focus on how it can be a segue to mutants. Replace "eternals" with any other Marvel IP and the sentiment is more or less the same.
    It is less on will they read it, and more will they just hit the hate switch because Inhumans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I don't particularly like the Inhumans, but I don't hate them. Truthfully I have no real interest in them one way or another and as such I wouldn't buy a new Inhuman book. This should not be considered an indictment as I only read a handful of books anyway.
    That's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    The idea this board isn't hostile towards other IPs is hilarious.
    You never see anyone bring up the Avengers unless it's to go on a tirade about how supposedly bad they are and how much better the X-Men are.
    I like the Avengers. I like(d) the Fantastic Four. I love the Thing. I do not like how they’ve let his star power drop over the last couple of decades. I love Spidey. I like Captain America. I like SHIELD. I like the X-Men, too. I could go on and on. If you like X-Men, isn’t it almost inevitable you’ll like the rest of Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It just dawned on me, the X-Men are kind of sh1tting on the Inhumans mythos. With them living on a island for only mutants and making the world acknowledge them as a nations. Dang
    IMO, yes and no. This isn’t quite true.

The X-Men are only encroaching on Inhumans inasmuch as Perlmutter tried to turn the Inhumans into the X-Men. For the first 50 years of their existence, the Inhumans were NOT a stand-in for oppressed peoples. The Inhumans did not found a nation as a persecuted minority trying to escape persecution. That did not happen until Perlmutter had Marvel try to turn Inhumans into mutants, with “NuHumans.” It’s so stupid, and it goes against what Kirby intended for the Inhumans. The X-Men only encroach on Inhumans since Perlmutter. Looked at through the history of these creative decisions, it is the Inhumans encroaching on the X-Men’s territory.

The Inhumans are thematically related to: Lost Horizon; Madam Blavatsky; Theosophy; the cult classic, pseudo-history Morning of the Magicians; and the science-fictional transformation of those subjects into Erich von Däniken‘s Chariots of the Gods. The Inhumans are like the people mentioned in Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir:”

“...Sit with elders of the gentle race /
    “This world has seldom seen...

“...My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon /
    “I will return again”

It should be noted Kirby created the Inhumans years before Chariots of the Gods. Jack got there first, and before Page-Plant, too.

I think some have speculated Kirby may have been influenced by Morning of the Magicians. Maybe Sean Howe mentioned it his book? If the X-Men are at all similar to Inhumans before Perlmutter, it is possibly through the influence of that book, which mentions mutants. But the mutants in that book are more like the “gentle race” in the Zep tune — “seldom seen.”

It should be noted Kirby reworked a lot of this and added in Chariots almost directly for Kirby’s Eternals.

Iron Fist also borrows from these concepts with K’un-Lun.

The Kree and spacefaring angle with the Inhumans came in during the ‘70s, if I remember right. But it fits right into that hidden-land and space gods context, as did Marin’s and Hickman’s concepts.

The X-Men on the other hand evolved slowly, organically into a stand-in for persecuted peoples, really taking off with the introduction of the Sentinels. But that was a couple years into the X-Men’s first run. Lee has indicated the intent for X-Men was a school, to appeal to children who read comics. I’d be interested in what Kirby had to say about the X-Men, but I’m sure at a basic level Lee was conveying Kirby’s idea for the X-Men if not his own.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-15-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Xmen should adopt lockjaw, ms marvel and crystal. The rest can b ride off into history.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Xmen should adopt lockjaw, ms marvel and crystal. The rest can b ride off into history.
    What about Moongirl?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    What about Moongirl?
    See, this is the problem with the Inhumans and NuHumans. Perlmutter broke them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I like the Avengers. I like(d) the Fantastic Four. I love the Thing. I do not like how they’ve let his star power drop over the last couple of decades. I love Spidey. I like Captain America. I like SHIELD. I like the X-Men, too. I could go on and on. If you like X-Men, isn’t it almost inevitable you’ll like the rest of Marvel?
    Not here.
    I rarely if ever see anyone bring up non X characters unless it's just to crap on them and go on about how bad they are, and how good the X-Men are.
    Look at any thread where people bring up the Avengers and how fast it just devolves onto people going "The Avengers suck and the X-Men are better!" all while they push things about the Avengers that aren't even true.
    Or when the the Fantastic Four crossover mini was going and people called Sue Storm a Karen for being worried about her missing kids.
    I lurked these boards for a while before making an account and that's why I feel reluctant to post here.
    Ew
    I don't see why you want to ruin characters by dragging them into X-Drama.
    Last edited by Metro; 06-15-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Co-signed. What about Rogue’s old teammate and Gerry Duggan’s creation Synapse? Is she still around and still halfway decent?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Not here.
    I rarely if ever see anyone bring up non X characters unless it's just to crap on them and go on about how bad they are, and how good the X-Men are.
    Look at any thread where people bring up the Avengers and how fast it just devolves onto people going "The Avengers suck and the X-Men are better!" all while they push things about the Avengers that aren't even true.
    Or when the the Fantastic Four crossover mini was going and people called Sue Storm a Karen for being worried about her missing kids.
    I lurked these boards for a while before making an account and that's why I feel reluctant to post here.

Ew
    I don't see why you want to ruin characters by dragging them into X-Drama.
    Wow, how much hypocrisy coming from a person who only posted in this thread to attack / criticize the x-franchise and its fans.

How did the invitations work exactly? Were they for all Avengers or just the current active team? Because if so Ms. Marvel and Crystal would've been able to show up but presumably chose not to (even though the former is cool with Cyclops and Magik last I checked).

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    See, this is the problem with the Inhumans and NuHumans. Perlmutter broke them.
    Nuhumans are inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    Wow, how much hypocrisy coming from a person who only posted in this thread to attack / criticize the x-franchise and its fans.
    This coming after someone said they should throw away all of the inhumans except for three. If anything it proves their point.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Nuhumans are inhumans.

This coming after someone said they should throw away all of the inhumans except for three. If anything it proves their point.
    So, I saw you comment that you are also an X-Men fan and I would like to know if you understand that many x-fans are not so receptive to Avengers after all that nonsense AVX story. Because I've spent my entire life reading X-Men and suddenly my favorite characters get dumped under the bus by another franchise, for nothing but promoting the Avengers movies. This is all after the Decimation. And a few years later there was the Terrigen Mist killing mutants. This makes it very difficult for me to appreciate any other IP.

But I want to say that I'm not advocating toxic reactions, but I also don't think it's right to ignore these editorial attitudes that only served to annoy fans, who like me, never had any problem with the rest of MU before.