Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 99
  1. #46
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Green Lantern, Flash and Manhunter are portrayed as more capable than WW when it comes to power compared to Superman. That to me is not a coincidence.
    If you say so. Just because you say it is, doesn't make it true. Diana's current power levels have nothing to do with sexism

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    DC already replaced her with harly queen. Who gets more push than WW ever did.
    You're right about them pushing Harley, but they still aren't able to put her on the Justice League as a superhero, and she is still inherently tied to the Batman franchise. If they succeed in turning Harley Quinn into a full on superhero with good sales then I have no doubt that Wonder Woman will become just like any other character and be cancelled once her sales drop, only to be brought back two years later.

  2. #47
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    See other appearances of the amazons post 2016.
    Like what?

  3. #48
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If you say so. Just because you say it is, doesn't make it true. Diana's current power levels have nothing to do with sexism



    You're right about them pushing Harley, but they still aren't able to put her on the Justice League as a superhero, and she is still inherently tied to the Batman franchise. If they succeed in turning Harley Quinn into a full on superhero with good sales then I have no doubt that Wonder Woman will become just like any other character and be cancelled once her sales drop, only to be brought back two years later.

    It does have to do with sexism.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Like what?
    Like JL #46 from june 2020 for example.

  5. #50
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    It does have to do with sexism.
    I'll tell you the same thing I always told my middle school History teacher

    "says you".

  6. #51
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Like JL #46 from june 2020 for example.
    What happens in that story?

  7. #52
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'll tell you the same thing I always told my middle school History teacher

    "says you".
    There is plenty of evidence between the way males are writen and characters like WW.

  8. #53
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What happens in that story?
    The amazons insult men and show their hatred towards them. Issue 45.

  9. #54
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    There is plenty of evidence between the way males are writen and characters like WW.
    There is no proof that the "problem" has to do with her being a woman. Heck, people at Marvel are complaining about Thor being too weak compared to the other Avengers, even thoughJason Aaron is the one writing. I honestly think you are harmfully conflacting sexism with not writing her the way you want them to.

  10. #55
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The amazons insult men and show their hatred towards them. Issue 45.
    I could use some more context. Anyway, it doesn't sound great, but it also doesn't seem like a big issue. After all, it's one story in a filler issue of Justice League. I never even heard about it and I doubt many ppeople remember it. Specially since it's within a period of 4 years where the Amazons have been portrayed normally.

  11. #56
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There is no proof that the "problem" has to do with her being a woman. Heck, people at Marvel are complaining about Thor being too weak compared to the other Avengers, even thoughJason Aaron is the one writing. I honestly think you are harmfully conflacting sexism with not writing her the way you want them to.
    There is proof. They obviously make sure that she is below almost all male heavy hitters. The industry is still sexist. Which is why we got people angry when for example, marvel started pushing carol danvers more and making her more powerful.

  12. #57
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I could use some more context. Anyway, it doesn't sound great, but it also doesn't seem like a big issue. After all, it's one story in a filler issue of Justice League. I never even heard about it and I doubt many ppeople remember it. Specially since it's within a period of 4 years where the Amazons have been portrayed normally.
    They called men roaches that need to be stepped on.

  13. #58
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Yeah. Right. Superman. Manmhunter, Aquaman, Green Lantern etc have not had the type of decline in power that WW has had.

    Using weapons like a genericc warrior woman. While ignoring iconic gear that actually stet her apart from other characters.

    The original DC amazons were not men haters. So you saying look amazons have been men haters doesn't matter. Because in canon WW history. The amazons were not always like that. Not to mention the fact that they made the amazons rapists and haters. While the male amazon tribe from new 52 were portrayed as loving and forgiving. Sexism at its best.

    And i didn't dodge anything. There are female writers that can have certain prejudice when it comes to WW and her mythos. Women can be sexist without them knowing.
    By "depowering" I meant "complete removal of abilities"; not "fluctuation of power levels". The latter is pretty common with heroes in the big two. The former has only happened to Diana at least once.

    I'll give you the sword and shield one. It makes since she has the training but modern DC overuse them.

    I meant in how the Amazons were used in mythology before Marston's and DC's version of the Amazons. If some writer wants to do a story where they're closer to the Greek versions you can always sweep it under the multi-verse rug.
    "Cable was right!"

  14. #59
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    By "depowering" I meant "complete removal of abilities"; not "fluctuation of power levels". The latter is pretty common with heroes in the big two. The former has only happened to Diana at least once.

    I'll give you the sword and shield one. It makes since she has the training but modern DC overuse them.

    I meant in how the Amazons were used in mythology before Marston's and DC's version of the Amazons. If some writer wants to do a story where they're closer to the Greek versions you can always sweep it under the multi-verse rug.
    The way WW's power has declined is in a league of its own. The other characters mentioned have not suffered as much in that regard.

    The amazons in Greek myths were portrayed differently depending on the tale. And outside of that, we are talking about DC amazons. A male writer like azz wrote the male amazons as loving and forgiving. While female amazons still get portrayed as men haters from time to time. Sexism indeed.

  15. #60
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    While female amazons still get portrayed as men haters from time to time.
    From time to time you mean one insignificant story in 5 years that nobody even remembers?

    There are actually sexist issues at DC and with Wonder Woman, this isn't one of them anymore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •