BANNED

Default The Creepiest Thing Your Parents Did?

Keep it clean, if not disgusting.

In my case, my mother insisted on popping my pimples. I would have to lay on the floor while she examined my face with a magnifying glass. (Blackheads counted)

BANNED

Not sure if creepy, but gross. I'm half Irish (or thereabouts, typical American mutt) and that came from my dad's side. And when he doesn't use sunscreen he not only turns red and burns but occasionally peels. Sometimes he'd have us peel some of the skin off of his back, and like the weird children we were me and my sister would do it. It was gross even at the time, but oddly satisfying. Maybe we're the creepy ones, I dunno.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

My Mom kept all of my baby teeth in a small Gerber baby food jar. I remember being told about the tooth fairy when I was five or six, they had me put my tooth under my pillow and when I woke up, there was a silver dollar coin. Very cool, right?! This continued for a couple of years until I was 8 or 9. My teeth were very resistant to falling out. I still had two baby teeth by the age of 14. My Mom took me to an orthodontist to get them removed. While sitting there chatting with the doc about the procedure, my Mom asks if he would keep the teeth for her to take home. I said, "wow Mom!, I'm a little old for that whole tooth fairy farce!" "We are not taking my teeth home". She and the doc have a laugh and then she says, "But I have all your teeth at home. I've kept them. I'll show you". I was so creeped out!

After putting my two last baby teeth in the jar and hiding it away in her closet, she pulls out my baby book. In it is a lock of my hair, pressed between two sheets of some waxy paper, from when I got my first haircut. I guess I had these long beautiful golden-brown curls and after she cut them off, they never grew that way again. She was so happy to have kept the lock of my hair in perfect condition so that I could see and feel it. My hair is dark, fine, and straight now. She had several other things in it too. Like the small piece of the umbilical cord that came off at home, yeah, that was in there. My first socks, my first mittens, my first beenie, a small shirt, medical documents, certificates, Bible pages, newspaper articles, stuff I made at school, report cards, and things that didn't make sense to me but it was her scrapbook, so whatever right? Well, she then shows me my dried-up piece of foreskin! Yep! It just got that much creepier! To me anyway. I think at that moment, is when I thought for the first time that my Mom was bonkers, like certified Hannibal Lector crazy! I get it now, but damn that was the creepiest thing to me for a long time.
    Last edited by a moment closer; 06-07-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

The other way around. A friend with his son and my son were with us on a tour. On a break we got bored and threw stones at a traffic sign. I wanted to hit it bullseye and my friend thought he could do it better. The kids were 30 meter or so away from us, and watched some fishermen. One of them asked the boy what we are doing over there, and he replied: Oh, just fooling around like they always do.

Turned around world, the kids are well behaved and the parents...never mind.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Parents had a thing for horror movies... to the point of making fun of us kids if we showed fear. But it kinda worked. We're pretty numb to horror stuff. Jump scares get no response, etc.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier