Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #773 Discussion/Spoilers

Edit: Ah dangit, I put the wrong issue # in the title. Can someone change it to #773?

#773 discussion and spoilers:

Wonder Woman is back!

She got all of her memories and powers back. The Valkyrie’s where really cool, I like Gundra’s redesign. (Also they were all so tall, lol)

Dr. Psycho had a much bigger roll in this than I was expecting. Which I love.

A nice battle between Thor and Diana, the climax of which was basically Diana saying “not impressed”.

And it was all wrapped up with a peaceful solut— aaaaand Olympus is on fire (but if you read the solicitations like me, you knew that all ready. )

We won’t have to wait long to find out what that’s about because the next issue comes out in 2 weeks!
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-08-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Edit: Ah dangit, I put the wrong issue # in the title. Can someone change it to #773?

Wonder Woman is back!

She got all of her memories and powers back. The Valkyrie’s where really cool, I like Gundra’s redesign. (Also they were all so tall, lol)

A nice battle between Thor and Diana, the climax of which was basically Diana saying “not impressed”.

And it was all wrapped up with a peaceful solut— aaaaand Olympus is on fire (but if you read the solicitations like me, you knew that all ready. )

We won’t have to wait long to find out what that’s about because the next issue comes out in 2 weeks!
    Haven't read it yet but I love it already!

We got ourselves a good run, folks.

Also Ratatoskr is staying!!!

I know he’s probably gonna stab Diana in the back or something, but dangit, he’s so cute.

(Also did Diana just kiss Siggy in front of his ex, Brunhilde? Woof, lol)

Lol. Diana pointing out that everyone says Ratatoskr is a trickster but she doesn't believe so made me laugh. He has to be up to something. Maybe nothing malicious but something.

I agree. The tall Valkyries are a treat. No wonder they don't care for what the vanir and aesir say.

Cloonan and Conrad really made Thor a douche. I would have liked to punch him too.

While I still overall enjoyed the story, the Asgard conclusion felt a bit anti-climatic.

The backup had a lot of things going on this week. It's a bit suspicious that Diana points out how suspiciously easy it was to get the missing book. I'm not sure I'm gonna trust whatever's on the pages Magala gave Diana.

Astonishing Member

The biggest plot twist was the squirrel not being the mastermind.

Loved it, as always. Cloonan and Conrad are among the most exciting writers for the book for me.

GUNDRA. Thank the gods, I'm so glad they used her with the valkyries. It seems like her continuity from Orlando's run has carried over, which is nice, but she and Diana don't seem to have much of a history, so no golden age Nazi Gundra in continuity.

LOVED "the women were talking!" and Diana completely showing up Thor. Diana's personality here is at it's finest.

Also, Diana bangs Siegfried and I'm all about it. We've seen him on future covers so I'm glad he's staying around... maybe they can even be part of a throuple with Steve.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

#773 discussion and spoilers:

Wonder Woman is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Haven't read it yet but I love it already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    We got ourselves a good run, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Loved it, as always. Cloonan and Conrad are among the most exciting writers for the book for me.

GUNDRA. Thank the gods, I'm so glad they used her with the valkyries. It seems like her continuity from Orlando's run has carried over, which is nice, but she and Diana don't seem to have much of a history, so no golden age Nazi Gundra in continuity.

LOVED "the women were talking!" and Diana completely showing up Thor. Diana's personality here is at it's finest.

Also, Diana bangs Siegfried and I'm all about it. We've seen him on future covers so I'm glad he's staying around... maybe they can even be part of a throuple with Steve.
    Alright, ALRIGHT, FINE. I'll jump Wonder Woman to the top of my pile in my backlog of books.

It's been a long time since the books have been consistently solid so consider me hyped. Glad to see everyone enjoying the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Alright, ALRIGHT, FINE. I'll jump Wonder Woman to the top of my pile in my backlog of books.

It's been a long time since the books have been consistently solid so consider me hyped. Glad to see everyone enjoying the run.
    (All according to plan, hehehehe)

Wow. Just, wow. This issue had no right being that good. :-)

“The name’s Wonder Woman. And I’m making it my business.” If that didn’t sound like Golden Age Diana I don’t know what does.

I ship Steve and Diana always and forever—but Travis Moore’s Siegfried would make one break some vows. Heh
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Love this issue, which is a surprise even to myself because I did not care for this story initially. The one thing that took me out of the immersion was Siegfried's looks. He looks so much like those bland beyond belief hearthrobs you see on your typical CW show. Like, absolutely, perfectly "dreamy" in that preternaturally supermodel-looks way. I know these are comic books, where everyone is a "hottie" but I would love if one day Diana had a love interest that was more average looking than your garden-variety Hollywood hunk.
    Which reminds me of...what happened to Ed Indelicato? I always loved the interesting chemistry that he had with Diana, and more than once I wanted them to fall in love (or in lust) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Drink it in, man.

Incredible Member

Good issue!

There was quite a bit going on in this issue, thematic and narrative -wise that I'll have to do a reread to dig into.

I like the Valkyries as a foil to the Amazons and hope that's followed up. They do share many similarities, have history together, and represent the warrior woman idea through the lens of different pantheons which opens up a lot of possibility. The idea that they're tired of the "blood-curdling masculinity" and obligations bound to them without their counsel or agreement and so out right refuse to partake in this set up. Like, daaaaamn, this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that should be in a WW comic. Because it plays out as a larger than life and fairy-tale like with huge consequences but with a sense of whimsy to it. There's punches, a penis/strength comparing contest, lighting, beer, and Wonder Woman getting bound and then breaking out of said binds. AND Diana reading Thor for filth and smashing his hammer with that grin!

But then everyone sits at the table and they talk and work their ish out while Diana's present (and figures out the mystery of the tree), there to mediate, guide, and intervene as necessary.

The Golden Age reverence drips off this comic with such glee that I have confidence in this creative team's vision of Diana and her world.
    Last edited by Shimbo; 06-08-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love how this team's opening salvo is to give us a Diana with her Golden Age personality traveling to Asgard to foil a Dr. Psycho plot, a nice (albeit non-villainous) appearance from Gundra, and Wonder Woman punching Thor the hell out.

We are being fed, fam. This could be a top 5 run if it keeps up

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love how this team's opening salvo is to give us a Diana with her Golden Age personality traveling to Asgard to foil a Dr. Psycho plot, a nice (albeit non-villainous) appearance from Gundra, and Wonder Woman punching Thor the hell out.

We are being fed, fam. This could be a top 5 run if it keeps up
    I remember thinking it was pipe dream Gundra would show up when I saw the first cover with the Vikings.

Can't wait to see what it's store in the future. Should make a betting pool lol.