Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I do wish we got at least one more issue playing up the romance between Diana and Siggy, but that's more out of a desire to see Diana in a fun engaging romance. It's the shipper in me. The thought that she would have a quick physical relationship with someone she finds physically attractive and has great chemistry with, doesn't bother me at all. I say go for it Di!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I just didn't feel the 'romance' between Siggy and Diana in the brief time they were together. They had one drunken night (the first night) and then basically Siggy was sidelined until the end of the arc in which Diana kept emphasizing about helping Siggy out specifically over the other people she was trying to help from Valhalla.

There was no real time for a romance, or in this case a one night stand, and I feel it was out of character for Diana. I don't think anyone will convince me otherwise.

But....if Siggy remains a ongoing character, and they continue having relations with each other, I can see that happening, but not as fast as seen in this arc. Again, they spent about 4-5 days in Asgard with Diana only being in battle with Siggy for a couple of those days before he fell victim to Valhalla, so way to short a relationship arc for them to consummate the next time they met. Just my opinion.
    The speed of it's fair, and that's more or less where the amnesia kicked in for me. The first night is just showing us a truly uninhibited Diana. She's not a princess. She's not a superhero. She has no obligation other than enjoying her time in what she's led to believe is an eternal bender-and-brawl with no hangover.

So she just cuts loose, and when she gets her memories back she already liked Siggy and knew she'd likely never see him again, so why have regrets? Considering her relationship with Steve fell apart because she never find time for her partner, I can totally see her not wanting to let someone get away again.

It's a welcome change in my opinion. I'm tired of guys whining to Diana that she has no time for them or some such. Clark saves this world and the next on the regular and has time to be a husband and father in top of his 9-to-5 job slaving for wage.

Diana can start to have functional relationships again, both long and short term.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The speed of it's fair, and that's more or less where the amnesia kicked in for me. The first night is just showing us a truly uninhibited Diana. She's not a princess. She's not a superhero. She has no obligation other than enjoying her time in what she's led to believe is an eternal bender-and-brawl with no hangover.

So she just cuts loose, and when she gets her memories back she already liked Siggy and knew she'd likely never see him again, so why have regrets? Considering her relationship with Steve fell apart because she never find time for her partner, I can totally see her not wanting to let someone get away again.

It's a welcome change in my opinion. I'm tired of guys whining to Diana that she has no time for them or some such. Clark saves this world and the next on the regular and has time to be a husband and father in top of his 9-to-5 job slaving for wage.

Diana can start to have functional relationships again, both long and short term.
    All well thought out, except I still don't buy it with respect to Diana. She has never been shown to be a 'one night stand' person in her own series as well as outside of her series. Again, it was much too quick, I just don't see the 'chemistry' as others have said. Just because they are warriors doesn't mean they automatically have chemistry together.

If that is what Cloonrad want to portray her, then I expect her to have many such one night stands in the future. I won't like it, but now the precedent is set.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If that is what Cloonrad want to portray her, then I expect her to have many such one night stands in the future. I won't like it, but now the precedent is set.
    I think you're projecting your own personal views on intimacy.

What Cloonrad did was create the opportunity for Diana to have all kinds of relationships. If a writer wants a story where Diana finds someone fun and she decides to have a nice night with them, then she can
    If a writer wants Diana to start a serious relationship with Zatanna, she can. If a writer wants a story where Diana doesn't hook up with anyone she can. The point is that we don't have to force a free spirit like Diana to get stuck in the same old boring patterns.

Clark Kent is an introvert from a quiet rural family. It makes total sense for him to dislike one night stands. Diana is nothing like that.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-16-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Clark Kent is an introvert from a quiet rural family. It makes total sense for him to dislike one night stands. Diana is nothing like that.
    There is actually canonical precedent for Diana not adhering to puritanical, Western standards of sex, love, commitment, monogamy, marriage, etc.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.