Default IDW's Marvel Action: Spider-Man (2021) #2

942427._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Not much say about this issue. Peter was able to help out with the Oscorp School (I can't remember that terrible nickname the school is given) Student Paper and not flake on Carlie. Randy Robertson also appears and he is a copy-n-paste from the 2017 cartoon. Literally. Same design and his interest in journalism. He worked with Cindy to get a story for the school paper.

Peter also defeated Scorpion and Otto was able to recover surveillance footage of the fight. He plans to give Gargan more Scorpion serum and maybe an extra tail to improve his strength.

The artwork has improved from the first issue. I think the artist paid more attention to the size of the panels and the scenes and characters within them.

The next issue will involve Mysterio and the school's theater class.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'd really wanna know why Marvel (Disney) outsources Spider-Man. Is this based on a kids cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I'd really wanna know why Marvel (Disney) outsources Spider-Man. Is this based on a kids cartoon?
    interesting..
    https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...f-Readers.html

I guess IDW apparently has some insight in young readers digest sales.. I guess.. aimed at regular bookstores (including those that don't sell "comics" floppies) also school libraries, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    More money, wider-reader base.

It's not based on any cartoon, but a lot of things are obviously inspired by the 2017 cartoon and doing them better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    More money, wider-reader base.

It's not based on any cartoon, but a lot of things are obviously inspired by the 2017 cartoon and doing them better.
    I admit I do not read the Marvel Adventures nor watch cartoons. But I wish they would use miles for the kiddie stuff. They have multiple Spider characters. Let Peter be adult and Miles the kid. This Peter as a kid mentality is why we had OMD (see the BND man-child cover as Exhibit: A).

Is this the same run with all 3 spiders or is this a reboot? Sorry I’m far behind on my comics as of late due to work and family life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Is this the same run with all 3 spiders or is this a reboot? Sorry I’m far behind on my comics as of late due to work and family life.
    No, so far it's just focused on Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No, so far it's just focused on Peter.
    I see welp thank you for the heads up