Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Totally looking forward to another manga version of Superman!

When was this published?
    Assassinate Putin!

That was from 1959, per a search. By Tatsuo Yoshida of Speed Racer.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Oh cool! I know he had an American newspaper strip at that time that's been reprinted. Has this ever been reprinted anywhere?
    Assassinate Putin!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

My favorite thing ever would be the katakana for Superman being subtext for the kanji, "Beautiful Lunch Man."
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Is it just me or is totally refreshing to see a bright, happy, confident and care free looking Superman flying out in the day with people looking on with genuine joy, awe and wonder as he flies.

I really wish we got more of this.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Looks like Superman could give Batman some pointers!
    Assassinate Putin!

The idea sounds as lovely as the images look. Would probably look nice next to Teshirogis Justice League too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of fighting crime and villains.
    He does that all the time in the American comics. Let him relax and have some takoyaki for once.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    He does that all the time in the American comics. Let him relax and have some takoyaki for once.
    Takoyaki sounds interesting. Do you know someone who's tried it? How does it taste?

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Is it just me or is totally refreshing to see a bright, happy, confident and care free looking Superman flying out in the day with people looking on with genuine joy, awe and wonder as he flies.

I really wish we got more of this.
    No man, that's not why they're looking up at him - they're all just jelly that he got the last rice bowl before the diner ran out.

On a more serious note, this is kind of awesome news! Like really fun and cute and kind of perfect awesome! Yes I know, a lot of us would prefer some action packed superhero manga like One Punch Man or My Hero Academia for Supes, but I don't really know if it'd be all that memorable - I mean Batman has manga and actual anime projects in the more traditional action vein and it just...doesn't have any impact. No oomph. I mean, it's mostly stuff we've seen from Batman before, just now drawn differently. There's so much superhero action with these characters elsewhere that giving it a fresh coat of manga or anime paint doesn't really change anything. It's just a footnote, how a few times these heroes had their fight scenes drawn in a different art style than normal. However actually changing up the genre a bit like this makes it different and unique, but doesn't actually change the lore or anything. Superman's still Superman, we know he still fights for Truth and Justice, we know he still loves Lois Lane, we still get to engage in all his more traditional adventures because this doesn't contradict anything, it's just now we get to enjoy him getting to be a foodie in between adventures, adding a bit more of his slice of life which most of us love anyways only now there's a fun twist to it. I think that's much more exciting for a project like this, gives it a chance to actually stand out and be memorable.

And it's not like this is some sort of downgrade or step down "inferior" type project either - this sort of food review manga is actually widely successful and popular (don't believe me? Check out Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - admittedly a much more shounen take on the genre than most, but it only exists because there's an existing fondness for this type of thing). You have full length series and a lot of shorts in this space - it actually makes for some pretty warm and wholesome feeling day in the life sort of stories. I would love to see this get animated into a series of shorts actually if it turns out good, I think that's be a fun way to unwind, just sit back and watch 3-5 minutes of Superman commenting on and savoring a particular rice-bowl dish. Might not set the world on fire, but could be a pure joy in between the more action packed films/shows that we're finally getting!

Even if it doesn't get animated, I'm still interested in picking this up.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Will he...be doing anything else?
    Yeah, that's my reaction.
    A Superman manga sounded interesting, but it's about him eating? I have a hard time getting excited about this now.