Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Catwoman I found fun, not sure about her costume design. It had the feel of an outfit a girls roller derby team would wear (sans the mask) It was just silly.
    Yeah, I was expecting something a little more...classier? Like her 90's costume (absurdly skintight as it was).

What a let down!! It had ok moments (like that reveal at the end) but the book sucked! It tried to cram in all this stuff. The appeal of the first two was how bad Bruce was at being batman, then boom batgod!!! I really hope we get more (in 2029?) Because the first two books deserved a better fate..

I just saw them as average Young Batman tales. I just preffered other takes like Telltale, Arkham Origins, Beware the Batman more.

Extraordinary Member

I feel Batman Year alone can bets be described as “That Batman TV show that Geoff John’s would create if he got the chance”: it’s ambitious in some areas, surprisingly restrained in others, but trying to play off audience expectations in a way that shows Johns is curious if he can “reinvigorate” an already popular franchise like he did less popular ones.

For better or worse. No it’s, not my cup of tea either; Telltale, Legends of the Dark Knight, and Arkham Origins are definitely more my type fo young Batman.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

If DC used this as the version of Batman we got as part of the New 52, would you have preferred that?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    If DC used this as the version of Batman we got as part of the New 52, would you have preferred that?
    If we still had a more established Batman running in another book, maybe.

Nope but I'm curious if the single issues format would affect the stories told.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, as someone who doesn’t like the “Rookie Batman should have a few pratfalls” tendency of both Year One and Earth One, I wouldn’t have liked having this Batman as the New 52 one. Zero Year’s zaniness and OTT badassery is something I actually really like about it.

Also, White Eyes for life.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Oh, hell yeah.

If they were committed to a hard reboot and starting over from scratch then maybe, but that'd be writing a lot of major characters and stories out that they'd probably never get the time to reintroduce.

Last edited by Gaius; 06-25-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

There are so many ways to take this .