Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Can't wait to see it !

I know this film probably won't "count" because it was largely produced prior to the whole Gunnverse announcement or whatever we're calling it, but like Batgirl (which I'm still salty I'll never get to see - it's made already, let me have it!) this is one of the precious few titles of the old guard/regime/whatever I was intrigued by and wanted to see come to fruition. Hoping this is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know this film probably won't "count" because it was largely produced prior to the whole Gunnverse announcement or whatever we're calling it, but like Batgirl (which I'm still salty I'll never get to see - it's made already, let me have it!) this is one of the precious few titles of the old guard/regime/whatever I was intrigued by and wanted to see come to fruition. Hoping this is good!
    Well the Blue Beetle poster that WB sent out to select industry people had “This is just the beginning” written on it. It’s the first DC movie after Flash(point) and it’s produced by Peter Safran so maybe it’s the unofficial start of the new era.

After the extreme apathy audiences showed Shazam 2, I’m pretty worried about Blue Beetle. Hopefully being the first movie to star a Hispanic superhero generates some excitement.

A potential teaser attached to a big April movie. The biggest flick coming out in April is Super Mario Bros. That would be a good pick if you want to get a lot of eyes on the trailer from your target demo.

Then maybe the full trailer with The Flash.

Harvey Guillén’s character still hasn’t been announced. I’ve seen some speculation that he’s actually the voice of the scarab. Xolo-Jaime arguing with Harvey Guillén-Khaji Da about who is in control of the beetle suit could be entertaining.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-23-2023 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well the Blue Beetle poster that WB sent out to select industry people had “This is just the beginning” written on it. It’s the first DC movie after Flash(point) and it’s produced by Peter Safran so maybe it’s the unofficial start of the new era.

After the extreme apathy audiences showed Shazam 2, I’m pretty worried about Blue Beetle. Hopefully being the first movie to star a Hispanic superhero generates some excitement.

A potential teaser attached to a big April movie. The biggest flick coming out in April is Super Mario Bros. That would be a good pick if you want to get a lot of eyes on the trailer from your target demo.

Then maybe the full trailer with The Flash.

Harvey Guillén’s character still hasn’t been announced. I’ve seen some speculation that he’s actually the voice of the scarab. Xolo-Jaime arguing with Harvey Guillén-Khaji Da about who is in control of the beetle suit could be entertaining.
    I don't really care so much if it's the unofficial start or not, my worry is just that it'll be ignored because people believe it "doesn't count" regardless of its own potential merits. Hate we're in an era where that of all things might sink it. But if it looks good (and my fingers are so crossed that it will be) I'm going to watch it whether it ties into anything or not.

Mighty Member

Costume is giving me such spider-man vibes. Mask reminds me of spawn also a bit.

This film needs a great trailer. Hope wb can deliver one.

It's weird seeing Jaime without a mouth (although I think the Smallville suit was missing it too).

Blue Beetle teaser trailer! Full trailer tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/talk_mess...61564120326144

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Blue Beetle teaser trailer! Full trailer tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/talk_mess...61564120326144
    Scarab goes hard!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Just saw the trailer on youtube seconds before it got taken off that particular channel. Gotta say I am in on it.

Edit...

now its up....

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 04-03-2023 at 08:48 AM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Astonishing Member

This does Kinda look good from the trailer....

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Looks decent. Let's see if the visuals are enough to overcome the "no-name" hurtle and generic origin story vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Just saw the trailer on youtube seconds before it got taken off that particular channel. Gotta say I am in on it.

Edit...

now its up....

Looks really cool and fun!

It's weird seeing George Lopez with so much hair and mentoring a DC Superhero.

The suit looks awesome. I like how even though he doesn't have a mouth you can clearly see when his mouth is moving.

That bus scene looked like they ripped it from Shang-Chi.

So that burly dude is OMAC? I think I saw he has a bit of a mohawk going on.

It's surreal hearing the Scarab with a pleasant female voice.

The Bug! The Beetle Cave! The comic-accurate classic Blue Beetle costumes! That anime sword!

Astonishing Member

Looks good.

This version of Blue Beetle is definitely derivative of Spider-Man in some ways, but there is enough of a difference to make it worthwhile. Especially loves seeing the Beetle Bug -- or Beetlemobile or whatever they call it. I don't know why DC has had trouble with a Jaime BB ongoing. Probably stems from issues with DC continuity changes and the creative teams chosen -- because the concept is pretty sound.