Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ca[B
    [/B]ptain Smith;6432126]Teenager in a supersuit runs around in an origin story. Family dynamics abound. How to control powers! Character no one has heard of. Quips galore.

FLOP!!!
    Well, if you've watched a few DC cartoons you might have caught a glance at him...

Astonishing Member

Yeah, having a big robot bug on my back is a great way to get dates as a teenager. Saw the cartoons, pretty standard transforming suit. Can turn into a crock pot, shoot rays, fly around. So what.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Yeah, having a big robot bug on my back is a great way to get dates as a teenager. Saw the cartoons, pretty standard transforming suit. Can turn into a crock pot, shoot rays, fly around. So what.
    It's easy to crap on any character if you want to. Batman: Rich guy with no powers dresses like a bat and fights crime with bat-themed gadgets. Drives a car. So what.

Personally, I'm a Beetle fan and am looking forward to this movie, but I don't think this trailer was very well made. It was confusing, didn't give enough information to new viewers, and really didn't do much to play to Jaime's strengths. I watched it with my mom, who doesn't know anything about BB and only has surface knowledge of superhero stuff, and she was super confused.

I hope that trailer 2 is better. I think they really need to emphasize Jaime's themes of family, cultural heritage, and legacy (especially since, with the inclusion of the Bug and the previous Beetles' outfits, they are definitely going to acknowledge it.)

Astonishing Member

Bats has a long fan base that would support his movies. Does BB? Not a major player across the years. Ant Man, Shazam, Morbius are a warning shot - delving into C level characters - FLOP

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    I hope that trailer 2 is better. I think they really need to emphasize Jaime's themes of family, cultural heritage, and legacy (especially since, with the inclusion of the Bug and the previous Beetles' outfits, they are definitely going to acknowledge it.)
    Disagree. They need to emphasize the actual plot, the villain and Jaime as a person and his arc. Without that, all the other stuff won't make the movie good.

Bats has a long fan base that would support his movies. Does BB? Not a major player across the years. Ant Man, Shazam, Morbius are a warning shot - delving into C level characters - FLOP
    It probably has a 100 million budget, if it makes even 300 million it'll be a success.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Ant-Man that had two successful movies? You sure he's the best example to use?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I was about to say the same thing about Ant-Man and lets not forget that the lack of several key international markets are also hurting that films overall B.O. for the recent installment.
    A character doesn't get 2 sequels and be included in discussions about said character being a Flop. Laughable example including Ant-Man in that list. Also, Shazam is not C-list and had an initial successful outing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Why are they seen as flops in the continuation of the DC and Marvel movie plans? They attracted initial viewership as part of those plans which seem now to have flopped. Shazam, ok - a B list character in the comics. To the general public? Same with BB - unless the story is great, it's Black Adam time!

Man the suit looks so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Man the suit looks so good.

Classic arm cannons .

I consider Blue Beetle a third-rate comic book character regardless of whoever wears the suit.

But I will have my high hopes for this new movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I consider Blue Beetle a third-rate comic book character regardless of whoever wears the suit.

But I will have my high hopes for this new movie.
    "DC's Spider Man."