Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Blue Beetle Movie

Looks like another one going to HBO max

https://screenrant.com/dc-blue-beetl...lease-hbo-max/

BANNED

More than the character deserves, but I wish it well. No one wins when this sort of movie bombs.

What a downgrade! Latinos deserve better than a streaming movie

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    More than the character deserves, but I wish it well. No one wins when this sort of movie bombs.
    You don't like him that much?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You don't like him that much?
    Let's just say I don't trust WB to do with Blue Beetle what Marvel did with Ant Man

Let's just say I don't trust WB to do with Blue Beetle what Marvel did with Ant Man
    Make a just okay superhero movie? Lol for real though I'd rather this movie be about Ted Kord.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Make a just okay superhero movie? Lol for real though I'd rather this movie be about Ted Kord.
    This is why I wish DC just gave Jaime another alias and permanently split him up from Ted. Jaime doesn’t need Ted and Ted doesn’t need Jaime. The two share nothing in common except the superhero name. That way whenever Jaime gets a project we wouldn’t see Ted Kord fans show up begging for him to be included. Jaime would be allowed to sink or swim on his own

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    This is why I wish DC just gave Jaime another alias and permanently split him up from Ted. Jaime doesn’t need Ted and Ted doesn’t need Jaime. The two share nothing in common except the superhero name. That way whenever Jaime gets a project we wouldn’t see Ted Kord fans show up begging for him to be included. Jaime would be allowed to sink or swim on his own
    Ya why didn't they just call him the Scarab or something.

Ultimate Member

How so? Like as in a legacy hero made into successful movie?

I can see that but I also get why they paired them up. Kord is brilliant and perfect for helping Jamie understand the tech some. Yes they can sub anyone in for Kord instead of making it a legacy character but I don't mind the connection. I also think Jamie is a much more interesting Blue Beetle then Kord. He's almost like Venom meets Ironman with the Kid angle. Opposed to Kord who outside of his relationship with Booster I've found quite boring.

My issue is the Budget. Are they still gonna spend movie money like Disney+ on these HBOmax originals? I mean if they pay to do Green Lanrern Corp right I'm sure Batwoman,Blue Beetle, and Static Shock will be fine

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I can see that but I also get why they paired them up. Kord is brilliant and perfect for helping Jamie understand the tech some. Yes they can sub anyone in for Kord instead of making it a legacy character but I don't mind the connection. I also think Jamie is a much more interesting Blue Beetle then Kord. He's almost like Venom meets Ironman with the Kid angle. Opposed to Kord who outside of his relationship with Booster I've found quite boring.

My issue is the Budget. Are they still gonna spend movie money like Disney+ on these HBOmax originals? I mean if they pay to do Green Lanrern Corp right I'm sure Batwoman,Blue Beetle, and Static Shock will be fine
    I'm concerned about the budget for 10 episodes but i'm mostly concerned about Marc Guggenheim as co-showrunner for the Green Lantern and the show being produced by Berlanti.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya why didn't they just call him the Scarab or something.
    Scarab is already taken

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How successful movies like Godzilla vs Kong and Mortal Kombat have been going straight to streaming I don't see that as a downgrade at all. Films don't need a theater to have an impact.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-09-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Society is in a new era for movies. Being a made for stream movie is not like saying "made for TV movie" even 10 years ago.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I'm concerned about the budget for 10 episodes but i'm mostly concerned about Marc Guggenheim as co-showrunner for the Green Lantern and the show being produced by Berlanti.
    Are those the CW guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How successful movies like Godzilla vs Kong and Mortal Kombat have been going straight to streaming I don't see that as a downgrade at all. Films don't need a theater to have an impact.
    Yeah, I heard those 2 outdid expectations. Maybe the same can happen for Blue Beetle