Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Agreed. I can only see Ted working in a mentor role or in a buddy cop context. He's not compelling on his own
    Nonsense. That just shows a lack of understanding about the character. I could just as easily say that Jaime is just another Spider-Man teen hero trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Nonsense. That just shows a lack of understanding about the character. I could just as easily say that Jaime is just another Spider-Man teen hero trope.
    Then why is it every time he appears, he has to be paired up with someone? Booster Gold, the Charlton heroes, even Jaime. Ted is cool, just not as a solo hero. He’s more of a team up type of character

Ultimate Member

I don't think being a team up hero necessarily makes one less compelling

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Then why is it every time he appears, he has to be paired up with someone? Booster Gold, the Charlton heroes, even Jaime. Ted is cool, just not as a solo hero. He’s more of a team up type of character
    He doesn't "have" to, it's a combination of his friendship with Booster being incredibly popular and the constant attempts to make Jaime stick. You give Ted a solo book with a good creative team, it'd likely be a solid read.

He doesn't "have" to, it's a combination of his friendship with Booster being incredibly popular and the constant attempts to make Jaime stick. You give Ted a solo book with a good creative team, it'd likely be a solid read.
    Jaime had almost 50 issues of solo comics and was a member of the Teen Titans before they ever brought Ted back from the dead. He didn't need Ted for him to "stick."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Are those the CW guys?
    yes they are the Arrowverse architects pretty much
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Jaime had almost 50 issues of solo comics and was a member of the Teen Titans before they ever brought Ted back from the dead. He didn't need Ted for him to "stick."
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the continued push to make a Jaime solo series stick, which hasn't worked, has gotten in the way of Ted getting a solo book of his own (since his first one at DC back in the late 80s). Didn't mean to suggest Jaime needed Ted for it to work.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 06-10-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So because Jaime is brown skinned it means he only got a movie because of tokenism?

See, that argument can be made both ways.
    It was robotman who was saying stuff like that not me I would love Jaime to have a movie I just prefer Ted.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-10-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    yes they are the Arrowverse architects pretty much
    Should i be worried then?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Should i be worried then?
    No. Berlanti has his name in every DC live action show. Even the stuff not on the CW. Unless he plans to be directly involved there shouldn't be a problem. The other guy is a problem though.

Ultimate Member

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the continued push to make a Jaime solo series stick, which hasn't worked, has gotten in the way of Ted getting a solo book of his own (since his first one at DC back in the late 80s). Didn't mean to suggest Jaime needed Ted for it to work.
    That was because the creative teams were bad.

Jaime is NOT the reason Ted can't have a book.

If we can have Peter and Miles with books-nobody has an excuse. Heck we Bruce and Jace Fox with books. As we did with Peter, Ben and Miguel all calling themselves Spider-Man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No. Berlanti has his name in every DC live action show. Even the stuff not on the CW. Unless he plans to be directly involved there shouldn't be a problem. The other guy is a problem though.
    Ok. Because I don't really look forward to annoying romances and pointless drama

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That was because the creative teams were bad.

Jaime is NOT the reason Ted can't have a book.

If we can have Peter and Miles with books-nobody has an excuse. Heck we Bruce and Jace Fox with books. As we did with Peter, Ben and Miguel all calling themselves Spider-Man.
    It's easy enough for you to say that, but you're also not someone calling the shots on the characters. You can't tell me DC's effort to try again and again with a Jaime-led solo book isn't the exact reason why nobody's tried again with a Ted-led solo book.

And you can't really apply Batbooks or Spider-books to this situation, beyond the most obvious and surface-level of circumstances; those two are cottage industries within their own respective publishing lines that will bring people to the tables no matter what.

On the one hand, like everyone else here, I'd prefer this being a theatrical. Just straight up, this feels like a demotion. But on the other, these streaming services seem to be serious about making stuff that actually looks good, so I'm reluctant to judge this as a bad thing just yet. Gonna give it a trailer at least before making up my mind.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    On the one hand, like everyone else here, I'd prefer this being a theatrical. Just straight up, this feels like a demotion. But on the other, these streaming services seem to be serious about making stuff that actually looks good, so I'm reluctant to judge this as a bad thing just yet. Gonna give it a trailer at least before making up my mind.
    At least it might have a theater level budget