Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Blue Beetle, Static, and Batgirl are all going to be HBO Max. It’s a bummer but hopefully if the first flick is considered successful, the sequels could get theatrical runs.

With Blue Beetle’s armor design and morphing powers, I think a movie is the best option. He’s a character that wouldn’t work with a CW budget. The armor looked pretty crappy when he appeared on Smallville.

Xolo is such a great choice. He was basically playing Jaime on the first season on Cobra Kai. I’m just excited that there is FINALLY going to be a superhero movie with a Latino lead.
    I thought Static is only rumored to be HBO Max but hasn't been confirmed yet?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I thought Static is only rumored to be HBO Max but hasn't been confirmed yet?
    Hamada already said RISKIER characters are going to HBO Max and gave examples who those characters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Hamada already said RISKIER characters are going to HBO Max and gave examples who those characters are.
    I remember the bit about riskier characters, can't recall who all were examples given - in fact, unless I'm misremembering didn't he just end it with riskier and the journalist just speculated who those were likely to be? I can't remember, think this was back about a year ago during last Fandome...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I remember the bit about riskier characters, can't recall who all were examples given - in fact, unless I'm misremembering didn't he just end it with riskier and the journalist just speculated who those were likely to be? I can't remember, think this was back about a year ago during last Fandome...
    Yes I think it was a nytimes article where it mentions that there would be 4 movies in theatres and 2 on HBO Max per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Yes I think it was a nytimes article where it mentions that there would be 4 movies in theatres and 2 on HBO Max per year.
    Yes, but was Static listed as being one of the riskier properties going to HBO Max, and if so was it said by Hamada or was it a guess by the writer? I'm trying to remember without sifting through google for the original article a year later...

Nothing is official but when Hamada talked about “riskier characters” going straight to HBO Max he apparently mentioned Static and Batgirl as examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Nothing is official but when Hamada talked about “riskier characters” going straight to HBO Max he apparently mentioned Static and Batgirl as examples.
    So that was him mentioning them and not the writer speculating then? Cool, couldn't remember.

Oh, okay. Cool .

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Seems like a studio has found some boosted confidence in this project?!
    I'm more intrigued!

I'd just like to add that I'm a proponent of a Blue Beetle project done that even incorporates Dan into the mix. Even if its flashbacks and he's dead. Dan needs more due given to him.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

dupe post sorry
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I’m so glad this is getting a theatrical release! It’ll definitely get more attention now
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

Xolo Maridueña On Prepping For Blue Beetle

Angel Manuel Soto is set to take the helm of Blue Beetle, and in a recent interview with USA Today, Maridueña talked about going from karate to superhero action.

"Honestly, it feels like I've skipped a few stepping stones. 'Cobra Kai' has been such a wonderful opportunity, (and) it feels a little bit intimidating being this is my first movie and it's in a realm that's totally different than anything I've ever worked on," the actor confessed. "I'm nervous, but I'm excited. It's gonna be important, not only for Latinos and to see people of color, brown people, represented onscreen, but also show a story that we haven't really seen before."

As for whether he's seen his Blue Beetle costume yet, the actor confirmed he's already tried it on and shared high praise for the suit first revealed in concept art during last October's DC FanDome event. "We've done two suit fittings," Maridueña teased. "They're hoping that I get more buff by the time we actually start filming. But I've seen the suit, and it looks awesome."

As noted, Blue Beetle is set to be released on August 18, 2023.

Can't wait to see the suit .

Incredible Member

Looking at the concept art, the suit is gonna be fire