Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Seems like her character is a stand in for Ted’s evil Uncle Jarvis.

So Ted Kord will either be already dead at the start of the movie or he’ll be around 70 years old (since Sarandon in 75).

I hope they aren’t making a big mistake by not making The Reach the villains.

Whatever. I’m still super excited for this flick!
    Why not use actual Jaime villains like La Dama though?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Seems like her character is a stand in for Ted’s evil Uncle Jarvis.

So Ted Kord will either be already dead at the start of the movie or he’ll be around 70 years old (since Sarandon in 75).

I hope they aren’t making a big mistake by not making The Reach the villains.

Whatever. I’m still super excited for this flick!
    The Reach need to be built up. I think it would have been a bad idea to use them in the first movie.

All-New Member

La Dama would be a perfect villan to set up Jaime and his world, she could try to steal the scarab because she thinks is magic and the ties she has with her friend Brenda could raise the stakes, is Brenda even in this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Reach need to be built up. I think it would have been a bad idea to use them in the first movie.
    I also doubt they would have the budget to pull off scope of the Reach in a 1st movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Redy64 View Post
    La Dama would be a perfect villan to set up Jaime and his world, she could try to steal the scarab because she thinks is magic and the ties she has with her friend Brenda could raise the stakes, is Brenda even in this movie?
    I’m not sure what Angel or WB are doing with Blue Beetle. Using an OC instead of La Dama, using a Ted Kord villain instead of a Jaime Reyes villain. Brenda and Paco haven’t been cast yet and creating a new love interest (Bruna as Jenny) instead of using Traci or Naomi, plus changing Jaime’s moms name (From Bianca to Rocio). I’m still excited but I don’t know what to expect anymore! Hopefully it’s successful so we can get the Reach/Black Beetle and La Dama
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I’m not sure what Angel or WB are doing with Blue Beetle. Using an OC instead of La Dama, using a Ted Kord villain instead of a Jaime Reyes villain. Brenda and Paco haven’t been cast yet and creating a new love interest (Bruna as Jenny) instead of using Traci or Naomi, plus changing Jaime’s moms name (From Bianca to Rocio). I’m still excited but I don’t know what to expect anymore! Hopefully it’s successful so we can get the Reach/Black Beetle and La Dama
    DC sure loves their OC's...although the MCU has a few of their own too, so I guess that's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    While I would have preferred La Dama as the main villain I'm ok with the direction. by having Ted's wife as the villain they're including a Ted Kord connection without having the legacy aspect take away the spotlight from Jaime. Sarandon's character is the transition phase to the new generation Beetle and Jaime's world and villains. Respect the past but also celebrate the first Latino superhero having his own movie.

Jaime usually has someone tell him about Ted's heroics (Booster in Infinite Crisis or Batman in the cartoon), as Ted is often dead by the time he gets the scarab. So this will be a good way for him to learn about Ted and want to carry on his name and mission as the Blue Beetle.

Some sites have Elpidia Carrillo listed as Rocio Reyes "a relative of Jaime". So it's possible that she's his aunt or something. Maybe she's the wife of George Lopez' Uncle Rudy.

Not having Traci 13 as his love interest right off the bat is fine. She's a superhero too and has her own backstory. It may be too much for the first outing.

Hopefully we get casting info for Bianca, Paco, and Brenda soon.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-18-2022 at 08:00 PM.

Jason Sudeikis would make a fantastic Ted Kord. Though I'd worry that he get typecast as nice guys named Ted...

I'm not sure I can see him as a Superhero, but personality-wise he fits.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Some first looks at the suit taken during filming. I think it looks really great and I am thinking they will add in some more to it like shoulder wings with CG latter on. As far as just being a candid shot in broad daylight with no effects on it I like it alot. Xolo Mariduena looks good in the suit too with the shot with no helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Some first looks at the suit taken during filming. I think it looks really great and I am thinking they will add in some more to it like shoulder wings with CG latter on. As far as just being a candid shot in broad daylight with no effects on it I like it alot. Xolo Mariduena looks good in the suit too with the shot with no helmet.

Looking great! like almost straight from the comics .

Mighty Member