Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1144

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I honestly think they went too far with the young students. First of all, we have mutants with really stupid powers, for all the good ones are already taken. Second of all, mutants really don't seem so rare and especial with all these different classes. IMHO, of course. I'm of the opinion that, quite often, less is more.

Peace
    Your argument works better for the other heroes like Spider-man or Hulk. Unlike mutants, both heroes were born in freak accidents. So having teams of Hulks and spider people are an acquired taste.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That was his start but he became more like She-hulk by the end of his early run.

X-men are easier to do legacy characters with than the other heroes. It would've been ideal to push them along with the champions.

I guess NYX is a case of "better late than never".
    We'll see. And hell, speaking of schools, I'd love to see something like Avengers Academy pop up again.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah Marvel's X-schools seem to always get blown up. I HATE that, it wastes so many potential stories, and feeds into the modern Marvel idea that every story needs to have some major tragedy and it's making stories too chaotic.
    Same. That, and tragedy without triumph every now and again . . .

I honestly think they went too far with the young students. First of all, we have mutants with really stupid powers, for all the good ones are already taken. Second of all, mutants really don't seem so rare and especial with all these different classes. IMHO, of course. I'm of the opinion that, quite often, less is more.

Peace
    I blame the Fox movies, though it was rather innovative at the time to make Xavier's mansion an actual school as opposed to a convenient cover for the X-Men's base of operations.

Your argument works better for the other heroes like Spider-man or Hulk. Unlike mutants, both heroes were born in freak accidents. So having teams of Hulks and spider people are an acquired taste.
    Fair enough, though even the Spider-People have somewhat more varied origins compared to being exposed to high concentrations of gamma radiation and/or the blood of someone who was exposed to gamma like with the Hulks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

SISTERS OF SIN - preferred the either of the Gruenwald era version of SIN rather than the Brubaker ginger incarnation. The DeMatteis introduction works as well...the Mother Superior/Mother Night/Sister Sin/Sinthea Mother Superior/Mother Night/Sister Sin/Sinthea...Suprema? shuffle requires some attention.

In my mind as a reader at the time Mother Night and Suprema just had similar fashion sense but some of their bios have them one and the same...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    SISTERS OF SIN - preferred the either of the Gruenwald era version of SIN rather than the Brubaker ginger incarnation. The DeMatteis introduction works as well...the Mother Superior/Mother Night/Sister Sin/Sinthea Mother Superior/Mother Night/Sister Sin/Sinthea...Suprema? shuffle requires some attention.

In my mind as a reader at the time Mother Night and Suprema just had similar fashion sense but some of their bios have them one and the same...
    They would be perfect for Captain Carter to face.

They would be perfect for Captain Carter to face.
    I was thinking the Sisters would do well as antagonists for DAREDEVIL once his Deadly Sins stuff has some breathing room.

Peace
    Well, see... the in-universe logic is that they have literally MILLIONS of Mutants, but most of them have minor weak powers. Like the one kid from the Skull Mesa episode in TAS: his only power was making objects glow. Maybe you could expand that to be a sort of forcefield effect I guess, but as-is it wasn't very impressive. Which is the case with Genosha, 16 million Mutants... who have powers weak enough a guy with a gun wins in a fight. It's canonical that come Mutants have no actual powers and just look a bit weird.

Teh logic behind why Mutants are a thing kinda demands there to be a lot of them.

I was thinking the Sisters would do well as antagonists for DAREDEVIL once his Deadly Sins stuff has some breathing room.
    They gonna hang out with Mary Walker(or Fisk?)

Astonishing Member

Never heard of Sisters of Sin. Would love to see them.

Realizing now that I was using "Suprema" in place of the character's actual name SUPERIA...

Seeing all these evil looking female characters made me remember one who I miss and would love to see a return of. Man-Killer. I really enjoyed her rivalry with Atlas in Thunderbolts and their time at the bar when she was on the Masters of Evil. I wish they did more with her but I think she's currently dead? So if anyone has brought her up I seconded it.

Man-Killer.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Seeing all these evil looking female characters made me remember one who I miss and would love to see a return of. Man-Killer. I really enjoyed her rivalry with Atlas in Thunderbolts and their time at the bar when she was on the Masters of Evil. I wish they did more with her but I think she's currently dead? So if anyone has brought her up I seconded it.

Man-Killer.jpg
    Gotta love the subtle hints and unfortunate connotations to her sexuality reveal...and poor downtrodden, unlucky in love Atlas...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    She was seemingly killed, but given the circumstances of her death (involving a cosmic cube character) I am not inclined to believe that she is going to stay dead--if she actually died at all and didn't just end up teleported somewhere else or something. Sure, he looked like she was being disintegrated but Kobik's dialogue was just "go away"....

Oh, I use the arguement of less is more for all characters. I hate all the derivative Hulks, Spider-Men (and Women), Iron-Men, Batmen and Robins, Supermen, etc... Even with Earth-based Green Lanterns I think they took it TOO far. IMHO, it only serves to dilute and damage the original product. I have always felt this way. I loved it when John Byrne made Kal-El REALLY the only survivor of Krypton, back in his 80's revamp of the character. And I loved when War Machine got his warwear (even ifI did HATE the alien bug-like design), and U.S.Agent got his more distinctive from Captain America look over in Force Works. For me, Beta-Ray Bill is MUCH more interesting than Beta-Ray Thor. However, creators and Editorial see the derivative characters as a way to milk the success of others. However, for me, the excessive milking runs the risk of killing the cash-cow.

Peace

Realizing now that I was using "Suprema" in place of the character's actual name SUPERIA...
    IMHO, Superia has TONS of untapped potential to became a truely first rate Marvel Bad Guy. I also like the Sisters of Sin as her henchwomen.

Peace

That works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    We'll see. And hell, speaking of schools, I'd love to see something like Avengers Academy pop up again.
    Avengers Academy, The initiative, strange academy work as homes for characters in limbo and backdrops for solo.

Oh, I use the arguement of less is more for all characters. I hate all the derivative Hulks, Spider-Men (and Women), Iron-Men, Batmen and Robins, Supermen, etc... Even with Earth-based Green Lanterns I think they took it TOO far. IMHO, it only serves to dilute and damage the original product. I have always felt this way. I loved it when John Byrne made Kal-El REALLY the only survivor of Krypton, back in his 80's revamp of the character. And I loved when War Machine got his warwear (even ifI did HATE the alien bug-like design), and U.S.Agent got his more distinctive from Captain America look over in Force Works. For me, Beta-Ray Bill is MUCH more interesting than Beta-Ray Thor. However, creators and Editorial see the derivative characters as a way to milk the success of others. However, for me, the excessive milking runs the risk of killing the cash-cow.

Peace
    Fair enough.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-15-2024 at 08:09 AM.