Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1144

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    Bereet. Only used by Mantlo for a short time over 40 years ago. He retconned the previous version as originally presented in Rampaging Hulk. I read both mags as they came out, and while the character made no lasting impression the first time (she was, literally, all about her bag of tricks), the way she was incorporated into the 616 universe was curious.
    The weirdest thing about Bereet is that she's made it into the MCU. She was the girl in Starlord's ship at the beginning of the first GotG movie. Such an obscure choice.

BANNED

Yeah, it was covered here, I don't recall even noticing when watching the film.

Extraordinary Member

Fabian Stankiewicz.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I mean both night nurses made it in the mcu before clea did!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Not too sure how many of these classify as obscure but

Sun Girl (the one created by Yost)

Any of the original characters from Avengers The Initiative.

Puma

American Eagle

Steel Spider
    American Eagle would especially be cool to see come back, after the beating he gave Bullseye in the post-Civil War/Initiative-era Thunderbolts. I'd also like to see Steel Spider come back, as he was a casualty of those same Thunderbolts and hasn't been seen since. Would be very cool if he came back with a cyber-limb replacement for the arm Gargan-Venom chewed off.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

any love for Silverclaw?

always enjoyed the character and I'm kind of surprised she hasn't been used outside the main Avengers title... she was the right age for Young Avengers and Champions... she even checks the "diversity" box, which makes it more surprising she hasn't popped up in one of the teen-hero-based titles

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    any love for Silverclaw?

always enjoyed the character and I'm kind of surprised she hasn't been used outside the main Avengers title... she was the right age for Young Avengers and Champions... she even checks the "diversity" box, which makes it more surprising she hasn't popped up in one of the teen-hero-based titles
    I thought it was a cool character idea.

Extraordinary Member

any love for Silverclaw?

She just came off as South American Snowbird to me. Same origin and power. Mortal dad / goddess mom and turns into animals from her local area. With her mom being a volcano goddess I would think she would be more like Volcana or Magma.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Fantastic Member

I'd like to see a mini-series for Rocket Racer.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    I'd like to see a mini-series for Rocket Racer.
    Oh, that would be cool, too. I'd like to see him rally a team of reformed or semi-reformed Spider-Man rogues as a new version of the Outlaws (the team initially formed from Spider-Man's reformed adversaries back in the early 90s comics, if I'm not mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, that would be cool, too. I'd like to see him rally a team of reformed or semi-reformed Spider-Man rogues as a new version of the Outlaws (the team initially formed from Spider-Man's reformed adversaries back in the early 90s comics, if I'm not mistaken).
    https://www.deviantart.com/green-mam...laws-752261398

Your post reminded me of this fanart.

any love for Silverclaw?

YES indeed!

I thought her to be very unique for Marvel character. I would like to see more of her and new stories and in teams.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

wish they had given Astrid Mordo a better run. Astrid was introduced as the daughter of Baron Karl Mordo. The Baron put her into a mystic coma in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #87. The same issue in which Baron Mordo died from cancer.

But then the Baron was brought back with no real explanation (at first I think the idea was that the story was featuring a time-traveling Mordo before he died, or something like that--my memory is foggy). Then, once he had re-appeared, he kept being reused and his redemption-and-cancer-death was ignored. As, unfortunately was Astrid, who was portrayed as a slightly more savage and bat-bleep crazy version of Karl. I mean, when KARL MORDO says "I better put her in a coma because she is too dangerous" you know she is a threat.

But she has just been forgotten.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.deviantart.com/green-mam...laws-752261398

Your post reminded me of this fanart.
    Cool, I've seen some of this particular artist's work on deviantART before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    wish they had given Astrid Mordo a better run. Astrid was introduced as the daughter of Baron Karl Mordo. The Baron put her into a mystic coma in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #87. The same issue in which Baron Mordo died from cancer.

But then the Baron was brought back with no real explanation (at first I think the idea was that the story was featuring a time-traveling Mordo before he died, or something like that--my memory is foggy). Then, once he had re-appeared, he kept being reused and his redemption-and-cancer-death was ignored. As, unfortunately was Astrid, who was portrayed as a slightly more savage and bat-bleep crazy version of Karl. I mean, when KARL MORDO says "I better put her in a coma because she is too dangerous" you know she is a threat.

But she has just been forgotten.
    That is pretty sad, all things considered.

Ultimate Member

any love for Silverclaw?

As already mentioned, her similarities to Snowbird are a mild turn-off, but I could see her powers being taken in a new and interesting direction if she could share them. Grant someone else temporarily some animal-abilities, with the appropriate transformation. A mother and child are trapped atop a burning building? She tells them to stay with her and trust their new instincts, as she transforms their arms into wings and she leads them safely to the ground, with their new temporary ability to fly. She becomes not just 'Latin American Snowbird,' but someone with a more unique niche, able to 'buff' allies (or civilians) with various animal abilities (like winged flight, or aquatic abilities, or bat/cat senses) as needed. Tech characters sometimes do something similar, handing out jet-packs or night vision goggles or scuba gear, but she can do all of that, without access to gear. Need to get the miners up that shaft to safety? Bam, they all can climb like spiders, with appropriately freaky terrifying spider-legs-erupt-from-their-backs transformation!

She's got a similar niche not only to Snowbird (only using Central American critters generally, instead of ones native to Canada), but also Reptil, who takes on both the physical characteristics and traits of dinosaurs. It could be interesting to see Silverclaw hang out with one or more Latin heroes. Living Lightning, White Tiger, Hummingbird, Firebird, Sunspot, Shark Girl, Reptil, Spider-Girl, El Toro, etc. There's a ton of them! They could field their own Latin American Champions branch!

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Not too sure how many of these classify as obscure but

Sun Girl (the one created by Yost)

Any of the original characters from Avengers The Initiative.

Puma

American Eagle

Steel Spider
    Sun Girl was easily my favorite of those 'new' New Warriors! (Although I did like Haechi and Water Snake as well. Hummingbird, as a character, sure, but flight and empathy/telepathy (and fire blasts???) did not feel at all like appropriate powers for someone empowered by Huitzilopochtli!) I liked her ties to Lightmaster, an underappreciated Spider-Man foe, and that her gear isn't really all that similar to her dad's abilities, suggesting that she's striking out on her own and not just being 'Lightmistress, Jr.'

American Eagle earned my undying devotion when he graphically reminded Bullseye that he was only scary to people with no actual super-powers. Wow. A brutal beatdown! And rarely so richly deserved!

And those Initiative folk, yes. So many sort of glossed over that really intrigued me, like Melee, Gauntlet, Armory, Butterball, Gorilla Girl, Red Nine and Telemetry, to spend so much time and focus on characters I was not quite so interested in, like Cloud Nine and Trauma. (Of those who did pull focus, I was a fan of Komodo, Michael van Patrick and Hardball!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-28-2024 at 02:12 AM.