Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Tamika Bowden aka Wildstreak. Last appearance was when Sue helped her evade recapture after escaping the Negative Zone prison in Civil War.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Michael Pointer, aka Weapon Omega. Last we saw of him he was in an induced coma.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    A lot of the Initiative heroes
    Heck yeah. I'm interested in Komodo, Hardball, Scarlet Spider, Armory and Reptil, and some of the lower-tier characters like Telemetry, Spinner, Red Nine and Gorilla Girl. But there were a ton that were little more than names on a list that I wouldn't mind learning more about, like Paydirt, Star Sign, Vox, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I say bring Texas Twister and the rest of the Rangers back. A super powered Cowboy could really stand out and you can have a western themed team in the modern day.
    Definitely Texas Twister. He's one of my favorites! If he's currently still teamed with Red Wolf, Armadillo, Living Lightning, Firebird and Shooting Star (who may or may not be a flying mutant again, this week...), that's a pretty interesting team! (And amusingly diverse for a Texas-based team, as compared to the average mostly white Avengers lineup out of New York.)

Equinox
    Guillotine
    Jackpot
    Nightwatch
    Red Ronin (giant robot)
    Rover (from the hawkeye limited series)
    Titanis (The Eternal from Contest of Champions)
    Volcana
    Weird Sisters (Quasar)
    Witchfire

With a jackpot movie in the works you think marvel would use her more. Then again sony is planning a slingers movie and marvel is not using them much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Heck yeah. I'm interested in Komodo, Hardball, Scarlet Spider, Armory and Reptil, and some of the lower-tier characters like Telemetry, Spinner, Red Nine and Gorilla Girl. But there were a ton that were little more than names on a list that I wouldn't mind learning more about, like Paydirt, Star Sign, Vox, etc.

Definitely Texas Twister. He's one of my favorites! If he's currently still teamed with Red Wolf, Armadillo, Living Lightning, Firebird and Shooting Star (who may or may not be a flying mutant again, this week...), that's a pretty interesting team! (And amusingly diverse for a Texas-based team, as compared to the average mostly white Avengers lineup out of New York.)
    Reptile has a mini going on RIGHT NOW. 2nd issue came out last week. It’s good!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

The Initiative had so many awesome characters, and I'm surprised more of them haven't inevitably shown up in the A-list comics as cast members or antagonists or whatever.

In general, Marvel has a huge stockpile of teen / young adult characters that have been forgotten after initial appearances. For example, I'd like to see the Craptacular B-Sides again.

-Pav, who still loves SHOC so much as well...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

It was the 1990s or maybe the early 2000s.

Howard Mackie was writing Spidey comics.

The Clone Saga was over, and a lot of Mackie's stories involved Hydra, gang wars, and weirdly -- the Negative Zone.

SHOC was the super-powered son of a scientist who abandoned his employers when he found out they were -- yup, Hydra! The SHOC armor gave its wearer all kinds of powers, including matter and power manipulation, seemingly. In an issue in which Spider-Man travels through a portal to the Negative Zone, SHOC keeps it open for him, as his powers appear connected to the portal.

Of course, this is the same adventure in which we meet Dusk, a supposedly legendary freedom fighter in the Negative Zone but also (according to the comic Slingers) a rich goth college girl who died but came back immediately into her superhero career.

If you think Dusk is an obscure character, try also being a fan of SHOC! I'll probably never find out answers regarding his connection to the Negative Zone, or if there would've ever been a connection made between the Dusk and SHOC characters.

Howard Mackie had some good ideas. Of course, he also wrote a lame follow-up Dusk story and turned the cool villain Crown into a lame vampire named Hunger, so... they weren't all good.

-Pav, who wishes he still had those issues...
    Last edited by Pav; 07-12-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Howard Mackie had some good ideas. Of course, he also wrote a lame follow-up Dusk story and turned the cool villain Crown into a lame vampire named Hunger, so... they weren't all good.

-Pav, who wishes he still had those issues...
    Howard Mackie was an odd one in my book. Some great works, some crappy ones. I mean, you have the Danny Keitch Ghost Rider, which was a great revamp of a character that never really made the big time, and that was an instantaneous hit. Than you have Spider-Man, which was all over the place in terms of writing. And then you come to Mutant X, which was, IMHO, a pretty cool idea, but which seemed to quickly get out of Mackie's hand, and it's ridiculous how many times he contradicted himself in that title, finally ending it in a confusing whimper desguised as a bang. So wierd.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 07-13-2021 at 09:39 AM.

The Witness, basically Marvel's answer to the Phantom Stranger, from the New Universe. He could be a cool multiverse-traveling observer.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Tamika Bowden aka Wildstreak. Last appearance was when Sue helped her evade recapture after escaping the Negative Zone prison in Civil War.

Marvel Annuals that year introduced new characters:

all-of-marvels-characters-from-their-1993-annuals/
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Marvel Annuals that year introduced new characters:

all-of-marvels-characters-from-their-1993-annuals/
    And they were all about as well thought-out and successful as their DC Bloodlines counterparts which came out in the same year. One of those "coincidences" that so often happen among the big two.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodlines_(comics)

Peace

Think DC Bloodline characters done a little better. I think Hitman got a series that lasted for awhile and a few others got limited series. Legacy/Captain Marvel got an ongoing but that was about it for the annual characters.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 07-13-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Slingers in the new spider-man show.

https://thedirect.com/article/disney...el-show-photos

Nightmask
    Cardiac
    Jack of Hearts
    O.G. Quasar
    Deaths Head 2 (Minion)